• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FL BRONCO
    Traveling Mod
    • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Peerless View Post
    Oooh... Do you have a higher quality / resolution that I could look at? That is sweet.

This is only other pic I have right now, I will probably get some better pics when we have better weather. Counting on trees that are gonna fall being a good fish habitat.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• Saddletramp
      Captain
      • Nov 2005

Something I built, a fence row cleaner for a skid steer..

[URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
      Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

• EddieMac
        Canuck Mod, eh!
        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Saddletramp View Post
        Yeah...a helmet is a good thing. I like the huntsman paper helmet with a #9 gold lens. If you like your hair you might consider a welding hat.
        The nap is no longer an issue with me,,,

Just got my self tinting mask.,

You asked about the welder. It is a Canadian tire brand. So not available in the USA. They have a great reputation. It is a wire fed only running on 110. Does two size wire feed. .030 I think and can’t remember the other one,, I know a few people that have them and are very happy,

Now that I have the mask.. I am gonna get back at practicing,,,
        sigpic

Comment

• johnlimburg
          Ring of Famer
          • Sep 2009

In the process of finishing off this timber desk, it has turned out pretty well, just need to finish it. I have been looking into using resin to do so, the finished products look insanely cool.

Comment

• Peerless
            Football Immortal
            • May 2004

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post

In the process of finishing off this timber desk, it has turned out pretty well, just need to finish it. I have been looking into using resin to do so, the finished products look insanely cool.

OOoooh nice. Are you freehanding it, or following a plan? Timber is nice.....

Comment

• johnlimburg
              Ring of Famer
              • Sep 2009

Thank you, and following a plan, a lot of work went into making the mould to fit the layers of timber too, that was the time consuming part. It's more aesthetic than functional, the top surface has a bit of bounce in it so I need to come up with a way to prevent that on my next one. I am going to try to come up with an entertainment unit following the same kind of design, but more low line, with a tighter curve, and symmetrical like the rounded end, eventually anyway.

Comment

• FL BRONCO
                Traveling Mod
                • Mar 2010

Looks Good John, Very cool.
                My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• Saddletramp
                  Captain
                  • Nov 2005

Thank you, and following a plan, a lot of work went into making the mould to fit the layers of timber too, that was the time consuming part. It's more aesthetic than functional, the top surface has a bit of bounce in it so I need to come up with a way to prevent that on my next one. I am going to try to come up with an entertainment unit following the same kind of design, but more low line, with a tighter curve, and symmetrical like the rounded end, eventually anyway.
                  Is the reason for the bounce because it's not all that thick?
                  Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

• Peerless
                    Football Immortal
                    • May 2004

Had a friend who wanted to give her husband a set of corn hole Badger boards for his birthday.

Just got done with them (they are the exact same as the boards I made for myself a few years ago).

Comment

• Peerless
                      Football Immortal
                      • May 2004

Had a friend who wanted to give her husband a set of corn hole Badger boards for his birthday.

Just got done with them (they are the exact same as the boards I made for myself a few years ago).

Comment

• Saddletramp
                        Captain
                        • Nov 2005

Nice work. The logos, hand painted it stick ones?
                        Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

• Peerless
                          Football Immortal
                          • May 2004

Originally posted by Saddletramp View Post
                          Nice work. The logos, hand painted it stick ones?
                          The logos are decals - so I can't take credit for that.

Decals on, and them poly over them quite a few times. Have never had any issues of the coming off or peeling at the edges. :thumb:

Comment

• Saddletramp
                            Captain
                            • Nov 2005

The logos are decals - so I can't take credit for that.

Decals on, and them poly over them quite a few times. Have never had any issues of the coming off or peeling at the edges. :thumb:
                            Nice work none the less.
                            Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

• johnlimburg
                              Ring of Famer
                              • Sep 2009

Just finished this up today, pretty happy with the result, I think I am going to try and shape some chess pieces to go along with it next.

Comment

• Peerless
                                Football Immortal
                                • May 2004

Just finished this up today, pretty happy with the result, I think I am going to try and shape some chess pieces to go along with it next.
                                Wow man, GREAT work. That came out looking awesome. Good luck with the chess pieces!!

Comment

Working...
                                X