Thread: Jamal Carter SS

Jamal Carter SS

What do you all think of this guy. i think he is a low key who could really do good at the strong in box safety. and he has the size and movement to cover TE. if it wasn't for acl at the end of the pre-season would have got alot better read on this guy. but i really like what i have seen from him.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

I was hoping he would replace TJ as the box safety. Coming back from a tough injury though, and they never seemed to be as high on him as I was.

I actually liked what I saw from Jamal Carter I hope that he can come back from I injury I also like Yiadom at CB I thought he played exceptional well for being thrown into the mix and with that messed up coaching debacle he had to deal with I think he will be our number 2 corner this year for sure I think he will thrive with our new coaching staff.

He did well to make the final 53 man roster his rookie season after being an UDFA, and definitely earned it too. It's a shame the injury sidelined him for the entire season last year. Hopefully he is healthy and makes the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootleg View Post
    He did well to make the final 53 man roster his rookie season after being an UDFA, and definitely earned it too. It's a shame the injury sidelined him for the entire season last year. Hopefully he is healthy and makes the roster.
    I really liked Carter as well. I hope he bounces back. I remember watching him play and thinking he had a TON of raw talent.

His contract is very team friendly and we have nothing to lose in bringing him back to camp and for the pre season to let the new coaching staff get a live look at him. If he is cut or trade he'll only end up costing us just north of $3k. Very little risk and a good potential player.

When I was watching Jamal Play I was thinking to myself Denver just might another Answer to the Safety Position. The Kid can Play I just hope this Injury does not set him back from what I perceive to be a Great Career..

Weddle was cut today. Can he play SS at 34 years old?

As an undrafted free agent he impressed that specific coaching staff, for the new group of coaches coming in here he is nothing but a name to them, and will have to earn it all over again. I loved his energy, aggressiveness, and the violence he played 2 years ago, and I would love for him to emerge here as a potential player. I know one thing, I will take Carter on the final 53 over Cravens, Carter plays with heart, Cravens shouldn't even be in the league.

Carter i bet ends up as a starter at some point during the 2019-2020 season.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

I hope he bounces back from his injury. I have always been partial to Miami guys but I still think we are going to draft Safety this year. It is a pretty deep class with a lot of speed. As big as a playmaker Stewart has been for us throughout the past years...I think it is time to move on from him and his contract.
    New England Patriots GM

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    Weddle was cut today. Can he play SS at 34 years old?
    TOO Old, there are many more Free agent options, Tenn, has 2 - 28 year old available I believe.

I would rather us give our youngins at Safety a shot than go out and spend big money on one. Simmons, Parks, Cravens, and Carter, we should be able to find 2 good ones out of that group.