Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 144
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Eastern Seaboard
    Posts
    3,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Sure. However, at this point in time they are essentially equals in talent and that is the point being made.
    I think Flacco is Way better at pocket awareness and throwing the ball and experience at winning big games.
    We'll see what happens, but We already know that Keenum is a bum.

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Nelson, BC
    Posts
    18,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    I think Flacco is Way better at pocket awareness and throwing the ball and experience at winning big games.
    We'll see what happens, but We already know that Keenum is a bum.

    Agree...they are not the same qb....
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

    Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Eastern Seaboard
    Posts
    3,274
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Agree...they are not the same qb....
    Flacco has won some big games, and still throws a nice ball, The man still has a Cannon arm.
    I think we will be happy to have a proven, real NFL starter for a Change.

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    780
    Fine and Dandy Flacco can be an upgrade. Bigger question is who is the # 2 QB , just in case Flacco gets sidelined during the season.?

    Is Rosen a player if avaliable Denver should target ? I think it would be prudent.
    Last edited by colowoz; 03-09-2019 at 02:32 PM.

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Gtown
    Posts
    4,235
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    Flacco has won some big games, and still throws a nice ball, The man still has a Cannon arm.
    I think we will be happy to have a proven, real NFL starter for a Change.
    I would have preferred Foles because he is younger. But at the end of the past season, my comments were that this Franchise needs to go after either Foles or Flacco. And that's what the professionals at this Billion dollar franchise did.

    I have to ask myself, where has Elway found success in picking a QB. In the Draft? LOLOLOL, for God's sake, NO. How about in FA? Sanchez was a bust, and Keenum was a bust. How about Peyton Manning? He helped take us to two Superbowls, one of which we won. So, even though Flacco is NOT a FA pickup, I believe Elway is giving this team it's best chance to succeed by trading for Flacco. A lot of people who DON'T get a Vote, disagree. And, notwithstanding injury, Flacco is our guy for 2019, in my opinion. And those people who don't like the choice, as those who hated the Drafting of Chubb last year, are simply going to have to live with it. And acting like we will "cut" Flacco in pre-season, or he will be beaten out by one of this years crop of rookie Drafted QBs, is delusional, IMHO. A lot of effort has gone into using Stats to say Flacco is no better than Keenum. Stats can be used to prove anything. As my Dad used to tell me, "Figures lie, and liars figure". Flacco has been a Starter for ONE team, his entire career. AND he is a Superbowl winning QB who won the Superbowl MVP. The name "Keenum" shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence with "Flacco". Just my opinion.

    But that's what makes this time of year fascinating. Maybe I'm an optimist, but I believe that when we picked up Fangio, Donatell, Munchak, and Scarangello, along with Flacco, this Franchise improved themselves, exponentially. And in 6 months we will know much more.

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Eastern Seaboard
    Posts
    3,274
    We know that Flacco and Keenum are light years apart.
    Flacco has had a pretty successful career as a Legitimate NFL QB, and Keenum has had a career of being a backup journeyman QB.
    Last edited by Capt. Jack; 03-09-2019 at 03:45 PM.

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,871
    What I think is impressive is how quickly Elway will admit he was wrong, dropping Keenum like a bad habit after one season.

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,871
    Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    Great! Now trade Flacco for Foles.
    Flacco is better than Foles. Foles is a fart in the wind. He had 1 good postseason and has literally never done anything in the league other than that. The Eagles rushed Carson Wentz back for a reason.

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    1,810
    Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Flacco is better than Foles. Foles is a fart in the wind. He had 1 good postseason and has literally never done anything in the league other than that. The Eagles rushed Carson Wentz back for a reason.
    I agree hes very overrated he got found out when he played for the rams

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    30,942
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Agree...they are not the same qb....
    Sure.

    Joe Flacco was drafted (#18 in 2008) by and played eleven years in Baltimore where he started almost every game in which he was available and was 106-72 including the playoffs with one championship.

    Case Keenum wasn't drafted and has played for four teams for whom he has fifty-four starts in seven years and is 27-29 including the playoffs.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    9,298
    I'm not sure why we are hyping up Joe Flacco. If he were remotely worth being a franchise player, the Ravens would not have let him go. He's here so that inevitably when we draft a QB he'll bridge him over for one season or less.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    30,942
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    I'm not sure why we are hyping up Joe Flacco. If he were remotely worth being a franchise player, the Ravens would not have let him go. He's here so that inevitably when we draft a QB he'll bridge him over for one season or less.
    Hype and delineation are different.

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    2,926
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    I'm not sure why we are hyping up Joe Flacco. If he were remotely worth being a franchise player, the Ravens would not have let him go. He's here so that inevitably when we draft a QB he'll bridge him over for one season or less.
    It has nothing to do with Flacco still being a franchise player. The Ravens replaced him with someone younger, cheaper, and, in their eyes, better. Lots of good QBs have been replaced, including Montana, Favre, Brees, Manning, and Alex Smith.

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Gtown
    Posts
    4,235
    Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    It has nothing to do with Flacco still being a franchise player. The Ravens replaced him with someone younger, cheaper, and, in their eyes, better. Lots of good QBs have been replaced, including Montana, Favre, Brees, Manning, and Alex Smith.
    Exactly right!

    "Why are we hyping up Joe Flacco?" My question is why are we running down the guy who, notwithstanding injury, is going to be the Broncos starting QB for the foreseeable future, and who has a history of success (Superbowl, Superbowl MVP).

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    9,298
    Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Exactly right!

    "Why are we hyping up Joe Flacco?" My question is why are we running down the guy who, notwithstanding injury, is going to be the Broncos starting QB for the foreseeable future, and who has a history of success (Superbowl, Superbowl MVP).
    He was a SB MVP over 5 years ago. Since then it's fair to look at his current play and judge him accordingly. This league isn't about what happened half a decade ago, it's what have you done lately. And lately, he has statistically performed on par with Keenum, the guy we just booted out. On top of that injuries are a very real concern with him. So why treat him like he's Manning? He's not even close, and he's coming to an O-line that doesn't even contain 5 starters yet. If his contract had guaranteed money on it with the Ravens, he wouldn't be here.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •