Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    So what does that do to our salary cap? Whats the updated number were looking at

Elway a genius? Don't know. Gettin rid of all but $3 million in cap...good thing. KeenumSucks gone...BEST. NEWS. EVER.
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    "Let's just give them Keenum for an, "I owe you".

So how much do we get in total cap space? It has to be more then the 11 mill wed get if we cut him.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    Wolfe will not take a paycut. He said so a while back when talking about how he signed for discount before and say what other guys got paid.
    Then I would cut him because he is not worth $11m. Hes not going to get that in open market either. We would save $8m.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Then I would cut him because he is not worth $11m. Hes not going to get that in open market either. We would save $8m.
    We already picked up his option so hes staying. I dont think 2 gap 5 techs are worth that much but I expect us to draft his replacement this season anyway

Quote Originally Posted by MHS View Post
    So how much do we get in total cap space? It has to be more then the 11 mill wed get if we cut him.
    We gain 14 million with a 7 million dead cap hit. Where as releasing him would have gained us 11 million in cap space with a 10 million dead cap.

Quote Originally Posted by kapzk View Post
    It would be nice but it seems like dead money hit will be 7 million(3+500k+3.5). So all in all we gain 3 million in cap space and the 6th rd pick.
    Thanks - I thought that might be it. Figured we would have to shoulder his guaranteed money no matter what. Solid move - saves $3M in cap space compared to cutting him.

This is a solid move. We're getting close to 50+ million in cap space now, which will be enough to get players like Juwuan James, Amos, and Moseley. Good moves by Elway making this happen.

By my math, Keenum was owed 21 million if he wasn't cut. Since he was traded, the Broncos have decided to take on 3 million of the original 10 million guaranteed money, thereby making Keenum's trade hit 3 million dollars. That makes a net 18 million to the 34 million or so before Flacco's contract, putting us at 52 million. With Flacco's contract though the cap space goes back to essentially 34 million again.
    Last edited by TheAsianPA; 03-07-2019 at 04:35 PM.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

That is an excellent move financially.

They take a dead cap charge of $3M but free up $18M of cap room. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by roushmartin6 View Post
    This would be great, straight salary dump except 3 million is fantastic news.
    Yeah but we could make that up by extending someone.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    We already picked up his option so he’s staying. I don’t think 2 gap 5 techs are worth that much but I expect us to draft his replacement this season anyway
    I like wolfe but am confused why we picked it up. I thought Gotsis has made solid strides and could replace him without a huge dropoff.
    "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    We already picked up his option so hes staying. I dont think 2 gap 5 techs are worth that much but I expect us to draft his replacement this season anyway
    Wasnt his option for like a mil or two? We owe him $2.3 regardless so it make sense to pick up the option regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieBronco76 View Post
    How much cap??
    Quote Originally Posted by Montoya View Post
    So what does that do to our salary cap? Whats the updated number were looking at
    Read past the first post and youll find out!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Yeah but we could make that up by extending someone.
    The extra room is nice though.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    This is a solid move. We're getting close to 40+ million in cap space now, which will be enough to get players like Juwuan James, Amos, and Moseley. Good moves by Elway making this happen.
    Yea we will not be able to afford all three lol