Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Yeah but we could make that up by extending someone.
    But the team should be close to 100 million in cap space for 2020 as it stands right now!

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Yea we will not be able to afford all three lol
    I think we might. Right now cap space is at around 30+ million or so, before other moves like possibly trading/cutting Sanders or Wolfe. Stewart's cut added another 3 million or so as well. We'll see, but I think Elway can make it work.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

So we have 41.5 million in cap space.

Mosley - 11 mill
    Juwuan James - 9 mill
    Amos - 8 mill
    Callahan - 7 mill

Thats 35 mill right there, the remaining 6.5 to fill out the rest of the roster. Wishful thinking perhaps but I think it can be possible, just needs contract language work to lower the first year cap hits on these guys.

One thing that is worrisome is there are teams with a stupid amount of cap space available this free agency. I hope Elway can work his FA magic and the influence that Fangio brings matters for some of the defensive FAs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    I think we might. Right now cap space is at around 30+ million or so, before other moves like possibly trading/cutting Sanders or Wolfe. Stewart's cut added another 3 million or so as well. We'll see, but I think Elway can make it work.
    I havent heard anything official but ive heard that we have moved to paying wolfe for the final year of his contract. Havent heard details or anything concrete but that would make sense after cutting peko
    Glen Haven Fire

Wasnít his option for like a mil or two? We owe him $2.3 regardless so it make sense to pick up the option regardless.
    From the way itís being reported on mhr, it seems like it guarantees his money for this season.

I just read that Case gave back 10.5 non guaranteed to facilitate the trade. So we are sharing the guaranteed only then? That's huge.

Quote Originally Posted by conannilsen View Post
    I just read that Case gave back 10.5 non guaranteed to facilitate the trade. So we are sharing the guaranteed only then? That's huge.
    he gave back 10.5 non-guaranteed? He must have really wanted out of here, or there's a new contract being made for him.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    From the way itís being reported on mhr, it seems like it guarantees his money for this season.
    The Broncos have officially picked up the $1 million option on DE Derek Wolfe's contract, per source. Elway said he would last week. Wolfe also has $8M salary (non-guaranteed but likely to make), $500K roster bonus ($31,250/g) and $50K workout bonus in final yr of deal. #9sports
    Nope itís not.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    he gave back 10.5 non-guaranteed? He must have really wanted out of here, or there's a new contract being made for him.
    No he actually gained $500k by doing this. He was only going to get 7m but now is getting $7.5

No he actually gained $500k by doing this. He was only going to get 7m but now is getting $7.5
    Right - no one was going to pay him his full salary. The guaranteed was $7M, so we gave him another $500K for agreeing to the trade. Capwise, I think (and correct me if I'm wrong), we're on the hook for $7M for Keenum: $3M from signing bonus + $3.5M salary + $500K restructure bonus. Saves $3M compared to cutting him outright.

As per Spotrac, Broncos officially at $37,015,469 in cap space after this move. Once Marshall is cut that will add 4.8 million to the cap space, bumping the total to around $41.8 million.

Edit: Marshall being cut frees up 4.8 million*
    Last edited by kapzk; 03-07-2019 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kapzk View Post
    As per Spotrac, Broncos officially at $37,015,469 in cap space after this move. Once Marshall is cut that will add 5.8 million to the cap space, bumping the total to around $42.8 million.
    -$18m for Flacco

-$18m for Flacco
    Unless thatís included in it.

Unless thatís included in it.
    Yep that is included. They haven't included the 1 million signing for Kreiter and the 2nd rd RFA tender (~3 mill) for Harris

I like the move. Need another QB. The draft is looking likely.