Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Langley to WR

Not getting my hopes up... Usually, a receiver with poor hands is turned into a corner.

Langley was a horrible corner. Don't see him making the team...

Don't know how to embed tweets - but it seems like Rod has taken a mentoring role in helping Lagnley transition to WR.

https://twitter.com/trllang/status/1107365024119422977

Rod Smith:
    Oh heís in the LAB. And wait tillyou see what comes out. @trllang has the talent. Skills will be revealed soon enough.

Gotta love Rod. Still not getting my hopes up for Langley. A third round pick that hasn't (and probably won't turn out).

He does have 4.3 speed... so if he doesn't pan out at receiver, maybe he can help in the return game?

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    Don't know how to embed tweets - but it seems like Rod has taken a mentoring role in helping Lagnley transition to WR.

Rod Smith:

Gotta love Rod. Still not getting my hopes up for Langley. A third round pick that hasn't (and probably won't turn out).

He does have 4.3 speed... so if he doesn't pan out at receiver, maybe he can help in the return game?
    I did see a workout video that showed some real skill. I hope it works out for Langley, it would be a cool story

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Champ with the Redskins was the last time I remember a CB being used as a receiver on a somewhat consistent basis. If Champ could barely do it, Langley has no shot IMO. Hoping I'm wrong though...

Quote Originally Posted by jdhdiggs View Post
    Champ with the Redskins was the last time I remember a CB being used as a receiver on a somewhat consistent basis. If Champ could barely do it, Langley has no shot IMO. Hoping I'm wrong though...
    Itís the other way though, Langley converted to CB from WR and just couldnít get it. WR is more natural for him

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Itís the other way though, Langley converted to CB from WR and just couldnít get it. WR is more natural for him
    My problem is that I haven't seen him as an above average reception maker. He can probably run routes fine but can he catch the ball?

Devin Hester was probably the most well known who switched from CB to WR. Mike Furrey on the Lions lead the NFC with 98 receptions awhile back after switching from safety to WR, though he didn't do much after that year.

Though it's happened before, this really feels like a desperation move to salvage anything out of him.

I just click the Wrap quote tags button to create a pair of tags, then I replace the word "quote" in them with "tweet" and stick the number from the Twitter URL in between them, in this case: 1107365024119422977 and it works.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

I really love the kid's attitude. He wasn't a good corner but I am seriously rooting for him and hope he can become a contributor. The guy is a solid gunner so I can definitely see him making the team, we'll see if he can contribute at WR and maybe even as a returner.

Ya'll put champ on this super high pedestal (he was great corner, but that doesn't mean he could play every position at an elite level)... Just because Champ couldn't play WR, since he was ya know a Corner his entire life... Doesn't mean that all CB, more specifically guys like langley who were converted to CB From WR, in college out of needs of the team, can't make the transition.
    GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!

Quote Originally Posted by duhyaj View Post
    Ya'll put champ on this super high pedestal (he was great corner, but that doesn't mean he could play every position at an elite level)... Just because Champ couldn't play WR, since he was ya know a Corner his entire life... Doesn't mean that all CB, more specifically guys like langley who were converted to CB From WR, in college out of needs of the team, can't make the transition.
    We all said Langly was gonna stink and was a huge reach. We all were right. I dont get why we know as much or more than these so called experts.

Langley if he makes the team will mainly be due too his ability to play special teams. He gets down the field well as on returns, and he also is an option as a returner. As far as depth goes he can play receiver and emergency corner. If he makes the team hopefully itís because he was the best man for the job and I wanna believe under Fangio that will be the case. Didnít get that impression under Vance....

Not getting my hopes up... Usually, a receiver with poor hands is turned into a corner.

Langley was a horrible corner. Don't see him making the team...
    He was burning all but CHJ last year in 1 on 1 drills in training camp last year.

I donít know why he was playing WR, guess they needed depth but I think the broncos feel the have a slot reciever in Langley!

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Langley if he makes the team will mainly be due too his ability to play special teams. He gets down the field well as on returns, and he also is an option as a returner. As far as depth goes he can play receiver and emergency corner. If he makes the team hopefully it’s because he was the best man for the job and I wanna believe under Fangio that will be the case. Didn’t get that impression under Vance....
    That is because that was not the case with VJ lol.

I'm excited for this change for B Lang.

He could be great in the slot.

In Rod We Trust.