• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JvDub95
    Football Immortal
    • Jan 2005

Langley to WR

Anyone think the move from CB to WR will be a good move?? He used to play WR but he admitted he doesn't like moving backwards regarding the move

​​​​
  • DENVERSB50CHAMP
    Football Immortal
    • Mar 2017

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Anyone think the move from CB to WR will be a good move?? He used to play WR but he admitted he doesn't like moving backwards regarding the move
    Are they really talking about switching potions for Langley? If so you can now add him to the Bust category.

Comment

• JvDub95
      Football Immortal
      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
      Are they really talking about switching potions for Langley? If so you can now add him to the Bust category.
      The Broncos selected Brendan Langley in the third round of the 2017 draft because they liked the way he played cornerback while in college at Lamar, but his chances of sticking with the team will come down to how well he plays a different position.

The Broncos selected Brendan Langley in the third round of the 2017 draft because they liked the way he played cornerback while in college at Lamar, but his chances of sticking with the team will come down to how well he plays a different position.

Langley played 11 games as a rookie, but failed to make the team out of training camp last year and landed on the practice squad. He stayed there even though injuries had the Broncos grabbing any cornerback they could find and finally got on the field for five game in the late part of the season.

In between, Langley did scout team work as a wide receiver and that went well enough that he’s trying to make a full-time position switch. He said he spoke to General Manager John Elway about the move and Elway signed off on it.

“Mr. Elway and I had a conversation about it at the exit meetings,’’ Langley said, via KUSA. “I asked him about the idea and his response to me was, “I was going to ask you the same thing. You’ve been great on scout team, let’s see what you can do.’’’

Langley played receiver in high school and saw occasional snaps there in college, but that’s a big difference from doing it in the NFL. Given how little traction he gained at corner, though, the position switch may be his best shot at a lasting professional career

​​​​

Comment

• conannilsen
        Special Teams
        • Aug 2007

Well this may help him in the return game too, you never know, I hope this works out.
        2016 GM for the Buffalo Bills.

Comment

• johnlimburg
          Ring of Famer
          • Sep 2009

Another brilliant Elway middle round pick. Langley is still one of the worst cornerbacks I have ever seen lace em up, he can't be any worse at receiver surely ? He won't make the team unless we once again can't find someone to be a consistent special team returner, and he might luck into a job again. I don't see anyway he makes it out of camp.

Comment

• Saddletramp
            Captain
            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
            Another brilliant Elway middle round pick. Langley is still one of the worst cornerbacks I have ever seen lace em up, he can't be any worse at receiver surely ? He won't make the team unless we once again can't find someone to be a consistent special team returner, and he might luck into a job again. I don't see anyway he makes it out of camp.
            Ain't no difference in blowing coverage and letting a team score or allowing a defender to intercept and score with a pic6.... Might as well give him a shot....
            [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
            Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

• gtown53
              All-Pro
              • Apr 2008

Ben Garland (Air Force) made the move from Defensive Line to Offensive Line. And I believe he still plays for Atlanta. So, the odds are against Langley, but why not give it a try.

Comment

• rst08tierney
                VISIONS OF CONFETTI
                • Nov 2006

typically you move to CB because your hands are butter...........this wont end well

Comment

• Butler By'Note
                  Super Moderator
                  • Dec 2008

I'm not really sure of the downside for this? He wasn't going to make the team as a DB (was already released last year) so it's a good move. Gives him a chance to salvage an NFL career and gives the Broncos a chance to salvage a draft pick. If it doesn't work then they're in the exact same situation they were in before.

Comment

• TheAsianPA
                    Captain
                    • Oct 2015

We'll see how this ends up, but my bet is that he isn't going to make the roster. He'll probably end up as the 6th string WR that will be a pre-season cut
                    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• FL BRONCO
                      Traveling Mod
                      • Mar 2010

Wide receiver who has played cornerback, I like it. We could use the competition at receiver to. I hope it works out well for all of us.
                      My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• roushmartin6
                        Football Immortal
                        • May 2007

Still mad we drafted him instead of Desmond King
                        sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• TheAsianPA
                          Captain
                          • Oct 2015

Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
                          Still mad we drafted him instead of Desmond King
                          Throw him on the long list of bungled drafts. From the 2011-2015 drafts, only Von Miller and Derek Wolfe are still on the team to make it to a second contract. Last season I wanted Elway to get Anthony Averett, but he drafted Yiadom instead, who is a shaky prospect at best. Either way, he will literally have to draft consistently well for the next three years straight or he'll be out of here.
                          Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• samparnell
                            Soy Capitan Meshpoint
                            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
                            Ben Garland (Air Force) made the move from Defensive Line to Offensive Line. And I believe he still plays for Atlanta. So, the odds are against Langley, but why not give it a try.
                            About ten years ago Spencer Larsen played both ways MLB/FB.
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• gtown53
                              All-Pro
                              • Apr 2008

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                              About ten years ago Spencer Larsen played both ways MLB/FB.
                              Nice catch! I had forgotten about him!

Comment

Working...
                              X