Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Langley to WR

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    I just click the Wrap quote tags button to create a pair of tags, then I replace the word "quote" in them with "tweet" and stick the number from the Twitter URL in between them, in this case: 1107365024119422977 and it works.

I dont care who his mentor is.

He could have Rod Smith, Randy Moss, Chris Carter, Calvin Johnson , Steve Largent, Jerry Rice and Marvin Harrison all as mentors but still have hands of butter.

Mentors cant catch a ball for you
    Last edited by rst08tierney; 03-22-2019 at 01:16 PM.

Who knows, maybe running routes and catching the ball will help the game to slow down for him. He’s definitely long and athletic.

Wide recievers that get switched to corner in college can't catch very well, switching him back to wide reciever in the Pros makes him a bust. He was a bad draft pick anyway.

Langley is out of Lamar? Great athletes from the region but Lamar doesn't play anybody so I don't know how the pick would have ever been anything but a shot at the powerball. Big school players are higher percentage selections. You don't get an Aha moment with them, but the odds are better.

MIke Shanahan tried converting Deltha O´neil to Wide Receiver... it ended with Deltha on the Bengals Roster (asa CB) if i recall correctly

Quote Originally Posted by DavisMVP View Post
    Wide recievers that get switched to corner in college can't catch very well, switching him back to wide reciever in the Pros makes him a bust. He was a bad draft pick anyway.
    To be fair to him he wasn’t going to get any playing time at WR (at Georgia) so he was switched to CB a la Richard Sherman. We don’t know if he has bad hands or not as he was never in position to intercept the ball here.

I think someone said he's near the fastest guy on the team
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    I think someone said he's near the fastest guy on the team
    He’s definitely long and athletic. Who knows, maybe it will happen for him at WR.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I did see a workout video that showed some real skill. I hope it works out for Langley, it would be a cool story
    Yea despite the rampant negativity up in here, I saw several videos all showed skills we'll just have to wait and see. Personally i'd rather he succeed than fail. Some in here say he's a bust now, but If he comes out and plays well at WR, does it really matter that he didn't make it as a CB. Let's wait and see what happens before we throw him out the door.

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post

He could have Rod Smith, Randy Moss, Chris Carter, Calvin Johnson , Steve Largent, Jerry Rice and Marvin Harrison all as mentors but still have hands of butter.

How about you wait and actually see if he's got hands of butter? You are making assumptions based only on the fact that he changed positions. Give the kid a chance and if he fails, he fails, but this "he's already a bust" attitude is obnoxious and frankly it's annoying to see fans of the team act this way...

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    How about you wait and actually see if he's got hands of butter? You are making assumptions based only on the fact that he changed positions. Give the kid a chance and if he fails, he fails, but this "he's already a bust" attitude is obnoxious and frankly it's annoying to see fans of the team act this way...
    Good post. I hope Langley makes a solid transition, and I haven't heard from coaches that he struggles to catch the ball so until we see that ourselves give him a chance. I also have a hard time calling any kid drafted outside rds 1 and 2 a bust ever. When you get that far into the draft several guys have been over or under drafted and while you hope a 3rd round pick can be a solid contributor, even if they aren't that shouldn't make them a bust.

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post

You're right they can't. That said you (and I) have not seen how he is at the WR position. I'd assume that at the very least he played the position in HS and maybe even a bit in college. So it is not like he cannot catch a football. IMO - I think the bigger question is how does he turn his hips? How does he run routes? How does he adjust and incorporate variations to help his QB (and himself) into his game? What positions on the team is he or can he run (read as learn)?

I think it is a likely scenario where he will be on the PS again (unless he plays lights out in PS). That will allow him to learn, progress and digest the position change. IF we have an injury and he is progressing then I could see him getting promoted.

Unlike you though I will not make the assumption that he cannot move positions. In fact we are a rare team who has already had a player transition from one position to another on the other side of the ball- Ben Garland if I am not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    You're right they can't. That said you (and I) have not seen how he is at the WR position. I'd assume that at the very least he played the position in HS and maybe even a bit in college. So it is not like he cannot catch a football. IMO - I think the bigger question is how does he turn his hips? How does he run routes? How does he adjust and incorporate variations to help his QB (and himself) into his game? What positions on the team is he or can he run (read as learn)?

I think it is a likely scenario where he will be on the PS again (unless he plays lights out in PS). That will allow him to learn, progress and digest the position change. IF we have an injury and he is progressing then I could see him getting promoted.

Unlike you though I will not make the assumption that he cannot move positions. In fact we are a rare team who has already had a player transition from one position to another on the other side of the ball- Ben Garland if I am not mistaken.
    Langley was a WR coming out of high school. He switched to CB at Georgia to get playing time and was benched after 4 games before moving back to WR the next season and then transferring when he wasn’t playing.

Interestingly enough, he asked Elway if he could play WR and Elway said he was going to ask him the same thing because apparently he was impressing people as a scout team WR last season. So the team has already seen him at WR and have an idea of where’s he’s at as a WR.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post

Yep, and while he never stuck with us, Garland did pretty good for Atlanta I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Langley was a WR coming out of high school. He switched to CB at Georgia to get playing time and was benched after 4 games before moving back to WR the next season and then transferring when he wasn’t playing.

Interestingly enough, he asked Elway if he could play WR and Elway said he was going to ask him the same thing because apparently he was impressing people as a scout team WR last season. So the team has already seen him at WR and have an idea of where’s he’s at as a WR.
    That's the key thing, Elway himself wanted to see him at WR because he had made a positive impression. He's probably never going to make it at corner, but right now, it's hurting nothing to just wait and see. Making wild assumptions like have been made is just annoying. No one here knows how he's going to do, but Elway and the people in charge did see him in action at WR last year and they liked what they saw enough to ask him to transition and Rod Smith who I trust a hell of a lot more than people on here says he's got what it takes.

For right now, that should be enough for most of us to just not make knee jerk comments and wait to see how it actually pans out once camp and pre-season happen.