Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is licking your fingers bad manners?

Is licking your fingers in public places or any where for that matter (home, at the table, at a friend's, etc) bad manners? My wife jags me all the time about that but Geez certain things I feel just can't not be wasted on a napkin. So any way my Wife whips up a dashing meal with the works last night. That Jamalyian New Orleans Zatarians rice and beans with polish sausage potato salad and steamed Brocoli just the way I like it. Trust me I could die right now. Also to make things worst she added one of my favorite BAR_ B_ QUE Beef Ribs. So, long story short, my kids finish eating...Im on my second plate I finish and Im there licking away at my fingers.

Wife: "Do you have to do that? Jesus! Hunny get a napkin."

Me: "For what?"

So as Im licking and sucking away low and behold my daughter and son are doing nothing more than mimicking old pop as they lick away as well.

Wife: "I swear I live in a circus!"

I don't know what it is. Not to say that I dont use napkins, or that I eat with my hands and just scarf everything down because I dont. It is just when I have certain foods at my disposal (Ice Cream Cone that runs down my hands, Spaghetti MB, I dont know anything with melted cheese I can't help it its a habit) I tend to do this.

Is it okay to lick your fingers when you eat? If SO, where is it tolerable? Is it ever tolerable in public places?

AM I A PIG OR DOES ANYONE ELSE DO THIS?
    Last edited by EdmcCaff87; 03-13-2008 at 02:01 PM.
    "No one can be told what the Matrix is....You have to see it for yourself"

"Playoffs? Playoffs? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a freakin' game!"- Jim Mora- IND Colts

calibroncogrl47 Guest
    When I see other people licking their fingers, I actually think its pretty gross.

There are occasions where it is better than others like if you are eating ribs or another really messy finger food.

EdmcCaff87, don't you know by now that your wife is always right?

At home, it's not too bad. In public, yes. Especially if there's a lot of lip-smacking going on. Bad manners.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFaninMD View Post
    EdmcCaff87, don't you know by now that your wife is always right?

At home, it's not too bad. In public, yes. Especially if there's a lot of lip-smacking going on. Bad manners.
    yeah.. I think this is the right answer. YES its bad manners in public. Its like sipping the soup bowl or something.

Doesn't bug me....

But then again, I'd defer to the females on this one... I think there's a gender gap on the opinions for that...
    Thanks, Reid!

Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrychon View Post
    Doesn't bug me....

But then again, I'd defer to the females on this one... I think there's a gender gap on the opinions for that...
    I dont know about that....maybe it is that fact that I am a tom boy, dont know. But I just got done eating some loaded nachos for lunch. Its hard not to lick off the cheese, sour cream, and beans you end up with. Some foods there is just no avoiding it.

but then I have other bad manners as well so!?
    My adopted Bronco is \
    My adopted poster is FlatlanderFan
    I was adopted by saltybuggah

Quote Originally Posted by lilsstinkr View Post
    I dont know about that....maybe it is that fact that I am a tom boy, dont know. But I just got done eating some loaded nachos for lunch. Its hard not to lick off the cheese, sour cream, and beans you end up with. Some foods there is just no avoiding it.

but then I have other bad manners as well so!?
    I KNoW!! Its crazy I totally agree

"Playoffs? Playoffs? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a freakin' game!"- Jim Mora- IND Colts

Quote Originally Posted by EdmcCaff87 View Post
    Is licking your fingers in public places or any where for that matter (home, at the table, at a friend's, etc) bad manners? My wife jags me all the time about that but Geez certain things I feel just can't not be wasted on a napkin. So any way my Wife whips up a dashing meal with the works last night. That Jamalyian New Orleans Zatarians rice and beans with polish sausage potato salad and steamed Brocoli just the way I like it. Trust me I could die right now. Also to make things worst she added one of my favorite BAR_ B_ QUE Beef Ribs. So, long story short, my kids finish eating...Im on my second plate I finish and Im there licking away at my fingers.

Wife: "Do you have to do that? Jesus! Hunny get a napkin."

Me: "For what?"

So as Im licking and sucking away low and behold my daughter and son are doing nothing more than mimicking old pop as they lick away as well.

Wife: "I swear I live in a circus?"

I don't know what it is. Not to say that I dont use napkins, or that I eat with my hands and just scarf everything down because I dont. It is just when I have certain foods at my disposal (Ice Cream Cone that runs down my hands, Spaghetti MB, I dont know anything with melted cheese I can't help it its a habit) I tend to do this.

Is it okay to lick your fingers when you eat? If SO, where is it tolerable? Is it ever tolerable in public places?

AM I A PIG OR DOES ANYONE ELSE DO THIS?
    ROTFLMAO!!!! Dude!!! You just described dinner at my house!!!! Are you a peeping tom??? LOL
    Sick avy by Blondie79

Quote Originally Posted by jetrazor74 View Post
    ROTFLMAO!!!! Dude!!! You just described dinner at my house!!!! Are you a peeping tom??? LOL
    lol Man this is a typical night for us

unless ur eating bbq, there really isn't a need to lick ur fingers

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman1987 View Post
    unless ur eating bbq, there really isn't a need to lick ur fingers
    what about hot wings? or corn on the cob? gotta have lots of butter for that!!! or nachos? or chili fries? or a chili burger? how about cheetos? but then again, I'm "go ahead and lick your fingers" proponent!!
    Sick avy by Blondie79

welll tarnationsssssssss

iiiiiii'ssss sazzzz go 4 it

evvry foood is a fingah foooood, leesss compnay comes ovah thens n onlyays thens do wees evahhhh breakkks outttt da silvahwararssss

if you aint lickin them fingahs grandmah will leets meeesaa telll youuuuu

seriously

its your house n your fingers, no problems here

even if you were out, if your payin for your meal and thats how you dine
    go for it.

belchings a compliment in some countries why cant we be the fingah lickin complimentin country

sig by B4B6..

its not a problem if you don't mind being considered rude in public. I think that was the original question. I mean... no one is going to stand up and yell.. or leave the restaurant. But it is considered to be rude when dining in public, and perhaps your wife likes to be treated with the same manners that you would use when you are in teh company of strangers... or if you have people over to the house.

Its not a big deal. Its not like sneezing into the salad buffet. But if you wanted to know if its 'considered rude in public'.. then yeah. Its not considered 'proper manners.' Just like sipping soup from the bowl, blowing your nose while seated at the table, and licking spilled salt from the table top

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    its not a problem if you don't mind being considered rude in public. I think that was the original question. I mean... no one is going to stand up and yell.. or leave the restaurant. But it is considered to be rude when dining in public, and perhaps your wife likes to be treated with the same manners that you would use when you are in teh company of strangers... or if you have people over to the house.

Its not a big deal. Its not like sneezing into the salad buffet. But if you wanted to know if its 'considered rude in public'.. then yeah. Its not considered 'proper manners.' Just like sipping soup from the bowl, blowing your nose while seated at the table, and licking spilled salt from the table top
    I suppose next you're going to try and say drinking the milk from the cereal bowl is rude to, hunh?
    Sick avy by Blondie79

not has bad has chewing with your mouth open