• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blondie79
    Football Immortal
    • Jan 2007

[Rockies] 2019 Colorado Rockies Thread

Super Excited for the Rockies season to start

Looks like some more of the young guys are ready to contribute having good spring training (hopefully translates to regular season), Patty Barrels looking like his 2017 self and lets hope jon gray can find his form

Lets go Rockies!!
  • DenverBlood
    Football Immortal
    • Nov 2005

I’m ready for the regular season. I know you can’t put too much stock in spring training but if it’s any indication I think the Rox are going to take a huge step back this year.

I mainly feel like after letting Ottavino walk the pen is going to be our worst ever. And could cost us in the neighborhood of 20-30 wins.
    sigpic

Comment

• Houshmazode
      The Mountaineer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
      I’m ready for the regular season. I know you can’t put too much stock in spring training but if it’s any indication I think the Rox are going to take a huge step back this year.

I mainly feel like after letting Ottavino walk the pen is going to be our worst ever. And could cost us in the neighborhood of 20-30 wins.
      I feel like that every spring but then someone in the bullpen seems to step up, even if it's only 1 guy. Letting Ottavino go was a huge mistake though.
      :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
      sigpic

Comment

• Blondie79
        Football Immortal
        • Jan 2007

I hope this is the rymac we get in regular season

Comment

• Bronco51
          Football Immortal
          • Jan 2005

Man, that Mike Trout deal at 12 years for 430 million makes me thankful the Rockies signed Arenado for much less. Especially since he's just as good and equally as important to the team.

Comment

• 58_VONDOOM_92
            All-Pro
            • Nov 2012

Is Brendon Rodgers going to be our everyday starter with DJ leaving? He’s the one guy I’m really looking forward to watching develop.
            sigpic

Comment

• Blondie79
              Football Immortal
              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by 58_VONDOOM_92 View Post
              Is Brendon Rodgers going to be our everyday starter with DJ leaving? He’s the one guy I’m really looking forward to watching develop.
              No it will be Ryan McMahon/ hamspon

Comment

• samparnell
                Soy Capitan Meshpoint
                • Nov 2007

Saw Rockies play Isotopes in ABQ yesterday. Beautiful weather for a cool exhibition game.
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• darryn16
                  Captain
                  • Sep 2012

Sadly, I agree with this. In looking at some of the games they played this spring, the team will put up some runs, but the pitching is atrocious.

Comment

• DenverBlood
                    Football Immortal
                    • Nov 2005

Excited for opening day tomorrow even though we don’t get a home game for a week.

I always get the first 10 games free on Sunday ticket. Though unfortunately day games I work and the ncaa tournament will also be on this weekend.
                    sigpic

Comment

• DenverBlood
                      Football Immortal
                      • Nov 2005

Opening Day!!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

• DenverBlood
                        Football Immortal
                        • Nov 2005

I cannot express enough how pissed I am at Rockies ownership that it’s opening day and both Dallas Keuchal and Craig Kimbrel are still unsigned free agents.

We could easily add both an extremely solid starting arm as well as one of the best closers in the game and they are being cheap
                        sigpic

Comment

• Bronco51
                          Football Immortal
                          • Jan 2005

I cannot express enough how pissed I am at Rockies ownership that it’s opening day and both Dallas Keuchal and Craig Kimbrel are still unsigned free agents.

We could easily add both an extremely solid starting arm as well as one of the best closers in the game and they are being cheap
                          They just showed on the tv the Rockies have the 4th longest streak in history of consecutive starters who never pitched for another team at 173. That’s their philosophy. Although I do agree, why not grab a premier closer?

Comment

• DenverBlood
                            Football Immortal
                            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                            They just showed on the tv the Rockies have the 4th longest streak in history of consecutive starters who never pitched for another team at 173. That’s their philosophy. Although I do agree, why not grab a premier closer?
                            I just don’t have the faith in half of the starting roster. I don’t see the harm in adding a veteran presence to the rotation whose been a World Series champion.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Blondie79
                              Football Immortal
                              • Jan 2007

Wow what a catch by Desmond

Comment

Working...
                              X