• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DenverBlood
    Football Immortal
    • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Desmond.........there are no words. And he’ll probably be in the lineup tomorrow.
    You’re still riding that train hard aren’t you? The guy is having a pretty solid season at the plate. No one comes through 100% of the time.

I don’t see complaints when Nolan strikes out with runners in scoring position.
    sigpic

Comment

• Bronco51
      Football Immortal
      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
      You’re still riding that train hard aren’t you? The guy is having a pretty solid season at the plate. No one comes through 100% of the time.

I don’t see complaints when Nolan strikes out with runners in scoring position.
      You should never get picked off, especially when you're the tying run....ever. No excuse for it, especially when your team is struggling. A veteran shouldn't make those kind of mistakes.

Comment

• Blondie79
        Football Immortal
        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
        You should never get picked off, especially when you're the tying run....ever. No excuse for it, especially when your team is struggling. A veteran shouldn't make those kind of mistakes.
        Just for the record, bud black said it was a coaching decision to send him so not really Desmond fault hes not my favorite player but he has had a pretty good year offensively

Comment

• DenverBlood
          Football Immortal
          • Nov 2005

By the end of the season this could very well be the worst team in franchise history.
          sigpic

Comment

• Blondie79
            Football Immortal
            • Jan 2007

Team is absolute garbage expected maybe a little regression but this is ridiculous - pretty much done hello football (don't let me down)

Comment

• Blondie79
              Football Immortal
              • Jan 2007

Stopped watching few weeks ago but dang this team is worse than it has been in several years yikes, offense defense and pitching all bad

Comment

• Bronco51
                Football Immortal
                • Jan 2005

Watching this Dodgers game makes me sad that tanking in baseball doesn’t really get you anything. These guys are awful.

Looks like they found an actual reason to play Desmond, nice pitching here.
                Last edited by Bronco51; 09-02-2019, 09:04 PM.

Comment

• DenverBlood
                  Football Immortal
                  • Nov 2005

After years of telling you guys 100 losses is extremely hard to do I’m starting to think this is the year the team will actually achieve it.

They need to just dump everyone. Fire the entire coaching staff, dump every player including Nolan and sell the franchise.
                  sigpic

Comment

• CinnaMunMun
                    Killer Tofu
                    • Oct 2005

They really need to fire Brain Surgeon Bridich. The Monforts are giving him an above average payroll and he is blowing it in the worst ways possible. He is over-valuing the home-grown talent on the team, giving big deals to any reliever with a recognizable name, even bigger deals to marginal older players to have them play out of position, and handicapping the team in the process.

In all of his free agent moves, the highest WAR (per fangraphs) was: Carlos Gonzales at 1.7 WAR

As of last month, here are the moves along with contracts:

Oh-2.5 million; -0.3 WAR

Parra-27.5 million; -1.1 WAR

Dunn-19 million; 0 WAR

Iannetta-8.5 million; 0.1 WAR

Bryan Shaw-27 million; 0.1 WAR

Jake McGee-27 million; -0.2 WAR

Ian Desmond-70 million; -1.2 WAR

Wade Davis-52 million; 1.2 WAR

Carlos Gonzalez-8 million; 1.7 WAR

Daniel Murphy-12 million (2/24); 0.1 WAR

Greg Holland-13 million; 1.2 WAR

Kyle Kendrick-5.5 million; -0.8 WAR

Nick Huntley-6.25 million; 0.6 WAR

TOTAL $$$: $268.25 MILLION

TOTAL WAR: 1.4 WAR

To make matters worse, there are reports that the Rockies are hard to work with via trades and continually overvalue their prospects.

Comment

• Bronco51
                      Football Immortal
                      • Jan 2005

2 weeks a go I would have said no way they lose 100 games. But this current 9 game losing streak where they haven't been competitive at all has me wondering if they can win 4 of the next 21.

Comment

• samparnell
                        Soy Capitan Meshpoint
                        • Nov 2007

Rockies are radiactive tonight.
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Houshmazode
                          The Mountaineer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                          Rockies are radiactive tonight.
                          Did they wear Isotopes uniforms?
                          :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                          sigpic

Comment

• DenverBlood
                            Football Immortal
                            • Nov 2005

Welp they still managed to avoid their first 100 loss season. Sad that’s what I started rooting for.
                            sigpic

Comment

• samparnell
                              Soy Capitan Meshpoint
                              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
                              Did they wear Isotopes uniforms?
                              Some may have under their Rockies gear.
                              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Bronco51
                                Football Immortal
                                • Jan 2005

A letter I received from the Rockies:

Executive Update from Owner/Chairman & CEO Dick Monfort
                                Dear Rockies Fans,

It’s hard to believe another season has come to an end, and after our last two years, it’s hard not having games into October. First and most importantly, thank you for your relentless support of our team. As a fan, you did everything you could have done to make this year a success. We drew just short of three million fans, which ranked sixth in all of baseball – what an incredible honor it is to be a part of the greatest fan base in all of sports! THANK YOU!

This season hit harder than any year I have been through, and I know that is the case with many of you. So what took a team that nearly won its first National League West title in 2018 to this year? In my opinion, and as several players and staff pointed out as well, we never got consistent play: when we pitched well, we couldn’t hit, and when we hit well, we couldn’t pitch. The question now is what should we do about it?

Let’s start with the facts. We have four All-Star everyday players. A catcher that is starting to get national attention for his defense, game calling and energy. We have an exciting group of up-and-coming homegrown position players who began making a name for themselves in 2019. We have a young pitching staff with the ability to be excellent, or grind through an outing to keep us in games. Our bullpen continues to be a work in progress, getting called into games way earlier this season and not performing the way we needed them to.

Even though it might seem idealistic with the disappointment of 2019 so fresh in our minds, I’m optimistic to the core. Does this mean we just sit? Absolutely not. As a group – Jeff, Buddy, our baseball department and I – will evaluate everything and we will start addressing all of the issues immediately. Our bullpen needs improvement, our players who excelled in 2018 need to return to that level of performance, our starters need to take the next step, and we need the young guys who came up and performed late in the season to get even better.

Even after this tough season, I believe we have some very talented players and this kind of season should only spark their competitive spirit. I believe in our organization, our people and our process. And as we turn the page and head into 2020, I believe in our direction, and our goal remains bringing a World Championship to Denver, Colorado and the Rocky Mountain Region.

On behalf of the organization, thank you again for your support.

If they don’t dump Wade, Shaw, Murphy, Desmond and Ianetta, we will absolutely see the same thing next year. Thank God the Nuggets and Avs are ramping up soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X