Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    A letter I received from the Rockies:

Executive Update from Owner/Chairman & CEO Dick Monfort
    Dear Rockies Fans,

Itís hard to believe another season has come to an end, and after our last two years, itís hard not having games into October. First and most importantly, thank you for your relentless support of our team. As a fan, you did everything you could have done to make this year a success. We drew just short of three million fans, which ranked sixth in all of baseball Ė what an incredible honor it is to be a part of the greatest fan base in all of sports! THANK YOU!

This season hit harder than any year I have been through, and I know that is the case with many of you. So what took a team that nearly won its first National League West title in 2018 to this year? In my opinion, and as several players and staff pointed out as well, we never got consistent play: when we pitched well, we couldnít hit, and when we hit well, we couldnít pitch. The question now is what should we do about it?

Letís start with the facts. We have four All-Star everyday players. A catcher that is starting to get national attention for his defense, game calling and energy. We have an exciting group of up-and-coming homegrown position players who began making a name for themselves in 2019. We have a young pitching staff with the ability to be excellent, or grind through an outing to keep us in games. Our bullpen continues to be a work in progress, getting called into games way earlier this season and not performing the way we needed them to.

Even though it might seem idealistic with the disappointment of 2019 so fresh in our minds, Iím optimistic to the core. Does this mean we just sit? Absolutely not. As a group Ė Jeff, Buddy, our baseball department and I Ė will evaluate everything and we will start addressing all of the issues immediately. Our bullpen needs improvement, our players who excelled in 2018 need to return to that level of performance, our starters need to take the next step, and we need the young guys who came up and performed late in the season to get even better.

Even after this tough season, I believe we have some very talented players and this kind of season should only spark their competitive spirit. I believe in our organization, our people and our process. And as we turn the page and head into 2020, I believe in our direction, and our goal remains bringing a World Championship to Denver, Colorado and the Rocky Mountain Region.

On behalf of the organization, thank you again for your support.

If they donít dump Wade, Shaw, Murphy, Desmond and Ianetta, we will absolutely see the same thing next year. Thank God the Nuggets and Avs are ramping up soon.
    This letter is the same blah, blah, blah every owner says after a losing season. I'll believe it when I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    A letter I received from the Rockies:

Executive Update from Owner/Chairman & CEO Dick Monfort
    Dear Rockies Fans,

Itís hard to believe another season has come to an end, and after our last two years, itís hard not having games into October. First and most importantly, thank you for your relentless support of our team. As a fan, you did everything you could have done to make this year a success. We drew just short of three million fans, which ranked sixth in all of baseball Ė what an incredible honor it is to be a part of the greatest fan base in all of sports! THANK YOU!

This season hit harder than any year I have been through, and I know that is the case with many of you. So what took a team that nearly won its first National League West title in 2018 to this year? In my opinion, and as several players and staff pointed out as well, we never got consistent play: when we pitched well, we couldnít hit, and when we hit well, we couldnít pitch. The question now is what should we do about it?

Letís start with the facts. We have four All-Star everyday players. A catcher that is starting to get national attention for his defense, game calling and energy. We have an exciting group of up-and-coming homegrown position players who began making a name for themselves in 2019. We have a young pitching staff with the ability to be excellent, or grind through an outing to keep us in games. Our bullpen continues to be a work in progress, getting called into games way earlier this season and not performing the way we needed them to.

Even though it might seem idealistic with the disappointment of 2019 so fresh in our minds, Iím optimistic to the core. Does this mean we just sit? Absolutely not. As a group Ė Jeff, Buddy, our baseball department and I Ė will evaluate everything and we will start addressing all of the issues immediately. Our bullpen needs improvement, our players who excelled in 2018 need to return to that level of performance, our starters need to take the next step, and we need the young guys who came up and performed late in the season to get even better.

Even after this tough season, I believe we have some very talented players and this kind of season should only spark their competitive spirit. I believe in our organization, our people and our process. And as we turn the page and head into 2020, I believe in our direction, and our goal remains bringing a World Championship to Denver, Colorado and the Rocky Mountain Region.

On behalf of the organization, thank you again for your support.

If they donít dump Wade, Shaw, Murphy, Desmond and Ianetta, we will absolutely see the same thing next year. Thank God the Nuggets and Avs are ramping up soon.
    Add in dumping Jeff "Can't Spell WAR" Bridich. Every insider report I hear the guy is near impossible to trade with, is seriously lagging behind in advanced scounting/stats, and frankly is abrasive at best.

If the media press conferences are anything to go by don't expect any changes next year apparently we have no flexibility on payroll back to being worst team in the league just how the owners like it... more than likely.

That's what happens when you overpay for declining players and have greedy owners I guess.