Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Brandon Marshall now a Raider. Not a bad move by Gruden/Mayock. Gives them a bit more stability.
    Also signed RB I. Crowell. Another solid pickup for them.

Broncos not only need Flacco to play well and the coaching staff to stabilize the team. They need Elway to find multiple starters (impact players) in the draft to compete in the Division. Maybe finding a gem or two in the free agent bargain bin would be nice too.

Just seems like so many things have to go "right" for the Broncos to compete this year. .

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Also signed RB I. Crowell. Another solid pickup for them.

Broncos not only need Flacco to play well and the coaching staff to stabilize the team. They need Elway to find multiple starters (impact players) in the draft to compete in the Division. Maybe finding a gem or two in the free agent bargain bin would be nice too.

Just seems like so many things have to go "right" for the Broncos to compete this year. .
    I agree with you. Hey, Gruden is a questionable commodity these days, but he has improved the team this offseason. And maybe, all his moves are making some sense. The Mack trade looked ridiculous, and still makes me wonder. But maybe Mack just didn't fit, cost a lot, and offered a chance to rebuild. Acquiring 2 firsts in back to back seasons is a powerful situation, especially when you are rebuilding.

But after that, I had no issues with trading Cooper, who is not a consistent player. Never mind the fact they have a much better Receiver group now.....prior to the draft. And they have that first to play with.

And there are some who do not like what Oakland did so far in FA, but I do. How can you not love the new talent. AB in the right place, is perfect. Until all this commotion, I did not realize that he is one of the hardest working players, and a good mentor to newer players. Ty Williams is a good receiver. Brown is a good OT. Crowell will add depth. On D, Joyner, Marshall and Burfict will all come to play.

Gruden is adding players he believes will change the momentum and character of this team. And for me, signing Mayock was one of the better moves overall, because Mayock knows football, including the team strengths, weaknesses, needs....and more important, player evaluation. And no doubt he has been pivotal in the new signings, and will be in the Draft. And what a Draft opportunity they have, with 4 high picks! I can see 3 D players, who if chosen wisely, will anchor this team for many years. And I can also see an RB, to be featured. The only question I have is whether or not they get the QB bug, as part of those 4 selections.

Regardless, The Broncos are in tough. Good young RBs, some improvement on the Oline, and some defensive help primarily in the backfield. The Flacco maneuver leaves me unsure, and to be honest, unclear if we will see any long term solution. I have to be honest, I think there is some unreasonable expectation around Flacco. This is not signing Peyton Manning again. This is acquiring a player that was ok, and aging.

But the other plus is the potential involving the new coaching staff. They may have won a couple of games we didn't last year. One never knows.

But yes, The Broncos can not sit tight in this division. I predict that Oakland will be a pretty good team by the time they make it to Vegas. KC will continue to score loads, and The Chargers are a very well balanced group.

The Broncos need a strong draft.

I agree with you. Hey, Gruden is a questionable commodity these days, but he has improved the team this offseason. And maybe, all his moves are making some sense. The Mack trade looked ridiculous, and still makes me wonder. But maybe Mack just didn't fit, cost a lot, and offered a chance to rebuild. Acquiring 2 firsts in back to back seasons is a powerful situation, especially when you are rebuilding.

But after that, I had no issues with trading Cooper, who is not a consistent player. Never mind the fact they have a much better Receiver group now.....prior to the draft. And they have that first to play with.

And there are some who do not like what Oakland did so far in FA, but I do. How can you not love the new talent. AB in the right place, is perfect. Until all this commotion, I did not realize that he is one of the hardest working players, and a good mentor to newer players. Ty Williams is a good receiver. Brown is a good OT. Crowell will add depth. On D, Joyner, Marshall and Burfict will all come to play.

Gruden is adding players he believes will change the momentum and character of this team. And for me, signing Mayock was one of the better moves overall, because Mayock knows football, including the team strengths, weaknesses, needs....and more important, player evaluation. And no doubt he has been pivotal in the new signings, and will be in the Draft. And what a Draft opportunity they have, with 4 high picks! I can see 3 D players, who if chosen wisely, will anchor this team for many years. And I can also see an RB, to be featured. The only question I have is whether or not they get the QB bug, as part of those 4 selections.

Regardless, The Broncos are in tough. Good young RBs, some improvement on the Oline, and some defensive help primarily in the backfield. The Flacco maneuver leaves me unsure, and to be honest, unclear if we will see any long term solution. I have to be honest, I think there is some unreasonable expectation around Flacco. This is not signing Peyton Manning again. This is acquiring a player that was ok, and aging.

But the other plus is the potential involving the new coaching staff. They may have won a couple of games we didn't last year. One never knows.

But yes, The Broncos can not sit tight in this division. I predict that Oakland will be a pretty good team by the time they make it to Vegas. KC will continue to score loads, and The Chargers are a very well balanced group.

The Broncos need a strong draft.
    The Broncos are not great, we lack a franchise QB and need a talent injection.

I don't buy into the Raiders though, they are the same roster they have been for the last few years, it has far too many holes in it to compete and they have the most inconsistent QB in the game. Losing Mack last year was a big mistake IMO, one of the best pass rushers who was still quite young really needed to be paid and retained. Bronco fans will relate to an elite pass rushers importance when Miller dominated the playoffs and SB in our SB 50 year.

Brown was a pretty good pick-up IF his head is in it and he really cares, the way he left Pittsburgh was pretty bad and he won't have Big Ben throwing him the ball anymore. Cooper went to a much better team and had a break-out season and is still young, Dallas did really well in that trade IMO.

The Raiders do have 3 first round picks which is good but 2 of them are late round 1's and they need to be used properly.

I just see Oakland having too many issues to compete and not enough talent.

Its hard looking past KC because they have that ONE thing that most teams are crying out for...... a franchise QB.

Rivers will keep LA competitive but they never surround him with enough talent.

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    The Broncos are not great, we lack a franchise QB and need a talent injection.

I don't buy into the Raiders though, they are the same roster they have been for the last few years, it has far too many holes in it to compete and they have the most inconsistent QB in the game. Losing Mack last year was a big mistake IMO, one of the best pass rushers who was still quite young really needed to be paid and retained. Bronco fans will relate to an elite pass rushers importance when Miller dominated the playoffs and SB in our SB 50 year.

Brown was a pretty good pick-up IF his head is in it and he really cares, the way he left Pittsburgh was pretty bad and he won't have Big Ben throwing him the ball anymore. Cooper went to a much better team and had a break-out season and is still young, Dallas did really well in that trade IMO.

The Raiders do have 3 first round picks which is good but 2 of them are late round 1's and they need to be used properly.

I just see Oakland having too many issues to compete and not enough talent.

Its hard looking past KC because they have that ONE thing that most teams are crying out for...... a franchise QB.

Rivers will keep LA competitive but they never surround him with enough talent.
    I think you and I project The Raiders a bit differently, but who knows. I did not see them progressing, especially after the Mack trade. But I feel different about them since Mayock was hired. As I said, The Mack thing is still not clear to me.....but I like pretty much everything else they are doing to right the ship. I am not expecting them to be playoff bound this season, but with a strong draft, they could be relevant next year. You might say they have 2 late first rounders, but I would be thrilled if The Broncos had 4 selections in the top 35, and an extra first in 2020! You can do a lot of damage with the right picks. That will be the key, if they can properly gauge the draftees, and match to their needs. And IMO the acquisitions they've made this offseason have made them a better team already.

Again.....we shall have to wait and see who got it right.

I think you and I project The Raiders a bit differently, but who knows. I did not see them progressing, especially after the Mack trade. But I feel different about them since Mayock was hired. As I said, The Mack thing is still not clear to me.....but I like pretty much everything else they are doing to right the ship. I am not expecting them to be playoff bound this season, but with a strong draft, they could be relevant next year. You might say they have 2 late first rounders, but I would be thrilled if The Broncos had 4 selections in the top 35, and an extra first in 2020! You can do a lot of damage with the right picks. That will be the key, if they can properly gauge the draftees, and match to their needs. And IMO the acquisitions they've made this offseason have made them a better team already.

Again.....we shall have to wait and see who got it right.
    Yea I guess we will see. I think the Broncos and Raiders could improve this season but don't see either as realistic playoff teams.

The interesting team this season will be Cleveland, they have a TON of talent and I would love to see them do well. We have seen teams hyped up before in the off-season only to crash back down to earth once the games KO so we will see, Mayfield needs to avoid the sophomore slump.

The Jags should be interesting as well with the upgrade at QB, but they desperately need to add some weapons in the passing game.

Should be a fun season

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    Yea I guess we will see. I think the Broncos and Raiders could improve this season but don't see either as realistic playoff teams.

The interesting team this season will be Cleveland, they have a TON of talent and I would love to see them do well. We have seen teams hyped up before in the off-season only to crash back down to earth once the games KO so we will see, Mayfield needs to avoid the sophomore slump.

The Jags should be interesting as well with the upgrade at QB, but they desperately need to add some weapons in the passing game.

Should be a fun season
    I fully agree with your commentary. Don't want to be a party pooper, but I don't see us or Oakland in the playoffs this season. Not a Raiders fan when I speculate that a good draft might change their direction for the long term. But we have to score big in the draft as well.

As for The Browns, I am actually looking forward to them winning the division and making some noise. If Mayfield progresses at all, this team will be loaded! They hit gold in the draft last year, with possibly 5 starters this year (maybe more....as I do not know enough about all their picks). And 3 of them could be pro bowlers - Mayfield, Ward and Chubb...pending how much Hunt plays.

And then they acquire OBJ to make life sweeter for their young QB, and toughen their D with Richardson and Vernon. Some experts say they have no real weaknesses.

And yes, if Foles brings some calm to The Jags, we know what they could do 2 years ago, without an effective QB. I can see Foles bringing stability and Fournette maturing into the back he can be.

There are a few teams that might surprise, or make a move....like Indy - after they nailed their '18 draft with 2 stars on both sides of the ball (Nelson and Leonard), and saw the true return of Luck. They've upgraded with Houston and Funchess, but still have cash, and plenty of draft picks this season. But a team I really see jumping forward again is the 49ers, given Jimmy G should be ready to go. Plus they have made some good offseason acquisitions and own one of the top draft picks. The offseason list is solid - Dee Ford, Tevin Coleman, Kwon Alexander, Jason Verrett, Jordan Matthews and more. And if Jerick McKinnon returns to form, this team should be very well balanced.

Should be fun! And as always, expect the unexpected.
    Last edited by CanDB; 03-29-2019 at 06:36 PM.

Question... is Bosa a guarantee to go higher than Allen?

The Raiders signing Marshall is good for us, not them. Now we get to face that bum twice a year and watch him whiff high on Lindsay 10 times a game. Worst tackling LB I've ever seen.