Page 18 of 65 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
    Well, first of all, the Colts have a TON of cap space, so paying way too much for Funchess isn't the most terrible idea in the world. Especially when you have a really good quarterback who can get the most out of him. The Chiefs were apparently all in on Mathieu, and it looks like they view him as the missing piece. They're close to a championship, so now is the time to spend for them. The Redskins are dumb. That's all I got. I don't think any of the guys who've signed so far are worth what they got though. So I'm not bummed we haven't gotten anyone yet.

I heard some talk about the Broncos being a good spot for Beasley, and I agree with that. I guess he's asking for silly money, though.

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    All the more reason not to give out huge contracts during the frenzy this year.
    Makes not sense gonna be even more expensive next year.

Broncos to sign Kareem Jackson

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Good player. 3 years for 33 million with 23 million guaranteed.

https://lastwordonprofootball.com/20...enver-broncos/
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Wow. 3 for 33. 23 guaranteed.

3 year 33 mil 23 guaranteed
    That's a hefty contract. Though 11 million now is the starting pay for a quality CB. He should be better than anyone we've had in our secondary since Talib left.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    That's a hefty contract. Though 11 million now is the starting pay for a quality CB. He should be better than anyone we've had in our secondary since Talib left.
    I think it's right where it needs to be, hes been a quality player and most importantly a reliable player

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Will he play corner or safety is the question though

I think it's right where it needs to be, hes been a quality player and most importantly a reliable player
    Agreed. He's a quality player that plays well against the pass but elite against the run. Whatever the case, he's better set up as the #2 or #1 CB than Roby was.

PFF breaks down his traits pretty well:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...kareem-jackson
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by roushmartin6 View Post
    Will he play corner or safety is the question though
    He might end up doing both depending on who else we sign and draft (or don't).
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

How good's this gent? Played for a while, but only has 16 pics in 9 seasons. That does not make him a poor DB, just maybe not a guy with great hands.

No pro bowls or anything of that nature. But I am guessing he's a steady force.
    Last edited by CanDB; 03-11-2019 at 06:31 PM.

Agreed, solidifies CB spot... not a huge contract and was given to a proven good player, not another one year wonder or bargain like Watson/Stephenson

Jackson is a solid if not top tier free agent. He played at least 600+ defensive snaps each season since he was drafted by the Texans in 2010. Last season he had 10 pass breakups and no receiving touchdowns allowed.

Well he definitely is an improvement over Roby. He should solidify the corner spot and give us a guy we can count on being where he should be. He will also be another vet presence to mentor our younger guys. As has been mentioned, he can play more than one spot and maybe eventually transition to safety. That is a big contract for a 31 year old. But it is probably pretty good considering the contracts given out. I'm thinking this probably means Amos is no longer a possibility.
    Hope we get James.
    “Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

― Mark Twain

Jets sign Anthony Barr.