Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I’m glad that the Steelers are honoring the contract and still paying him even if I wonder if they still would have honored it had Bell and Brown not put a microscope on how they structure their deals.

I don’t have any ill will towards Shazier and I’m glad that he defying the odds in his recovery. I just don’t think he should be in the NFL with how he tackles.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WP4JfqHDlps

The injury Shazier suffered could have easily been Bernard on this hit, it could’ve been even worse. When Shazier did get hurt he led with the crown of his helmet again, he just hit a lower portion of the body which had less give than Bernard’s head in the above clip.
    That contract is for him to play football for them, he is still getting paid that money even though he is not playing or really doing anything for them. I think the Steelers had to do it or they would have looked very bad, but he is a very lucky boy and if the Steelers cut him I wouldn't think they had done him a disservice or it was not honorable.

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    I'm not saying anything bad against the Steelers because they had to do this, otherwise it would have been a PR nightmare so I don't think they had much choice.

I guess my point is that we all know professional sport players are looked after far better then normal people and thats good news for Shazier and I don't begrudge him at all, but I struggle to feel warm-hearted or care about it when there are so many families struggling to get by and a football player gets paid a lot of money for not even playing and just showing his face in a few PR events.
    One more thing. I am not one to dwell on the salaries of pro athletes, or entertainers or CEOs, etc. Supply and demand determine that. Sure they are paid out of whack with society, and get special privileges….but hey, I am not too jealous, because I am not good enough to compete.

But remember the downside of pro sports....in spite of the fact we get used to names like Brady, Brees, Rodgers, and so on....who play many seasons, the average career of an NFLer is less than 5 years (as I recall). And if you are average or below average, you don't make a load of money in those initial years. Not feeling sorry for them, but pulling for Shazier is very easy for me to do. I am happy that he has some salary to count on, while he tries to become normal again, from a physical perspective. In fact, when I posted this I thought it was a happy story.

Good for Shazier…..

3 foot box jump!

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...-foot-box-jump

This is inspirational stuff....for me anyway. Anything that gives others reasonable hope is worthy of my attention!

He danced at his wedding Friday night.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    He danced at his wedding Friday night.
    More good news!!! Thx for this!

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Iím glad that the Steelers are honoring the contract and still paying him even if I wonder if they still would have honored it had Bell and Brown not put a microscope on how they structure their deals.

I donít have any ill will towards Shazier and Iím glad that he is defying the odds in his recovery. I just donít think he should be in the NFL with how he tackles.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WP4JfqHDlps

The injury Shazier suffered could have easily been Bernard on this hit, it couldíve been even worse. When Shazier did get hurt he led with the crown of his helmet again, he just hit a lower portion of the body which had less give than Bernardís head in the above clip.
    i believe that hit, in that video is technically illegal under the targeting rule now.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait