Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Yeah, if Fort has a good preseason he should be on the final 53. With Butt and Fumagali's injury concerns and Fant being a rookie , he could be a good safety net at the position. Word is he can throw the ball, so maybe a designed play for him to hit ES or CS on a trick play.

Butt and Heyurman do not appear positively in any press releases since they were drafted. Our tight end, OL, and quarterback situation can't be the gong show forever. Lindsay can't run against 11 in the box for another year. Since Flacco won't play tonight (thank you somebody!) I'll be watching OL and hoping for anything.

Apparently Theo Roddock has come to an agreement with us. I wonder if we'll see him in the HoF game?

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Apparently Theo Roddock has come to an agreement with us. I wonder if we'll see him in the HoF game?
    Having never practiced with the team, I seriously doubt it. My question is more along the lines of which RB is on their way out?

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Having never practiced with the team, I seriously doubt it. My question is more along the lines of which RB is on their way out?
    Maybe none, if they use him as a pass catcher. But if they give someone the boot it will probably be Devontae Booker, who is essentially a lesser Theo Riddick
    Last edited by TheAsianPA; 08-01-2019 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    I bet this means goodbye to Booker....

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I bet this means goodbye to Booker....
    I didn't think we would have the cap space for Riddick. I wouldn't be surprised if Booker was indeed cut

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I will be watching from the 5280 but one player I could tell everyone to keep an eye on judging off his training camp performance is from is Tight End Austin Fort.

After what I saw from him in camp, I honestly believe Fort is the best TE on the roster right now. However if Elway thinks he can sneak this guy onto the practice squad (especially in favor of keeping Heuerman)
    Bill Belichick and the patriots will take him.

Hes that good to the point where another team will put him on their active roster.
    I've heard Fort was the best TE as well as far as pass catching goes, but how's his blocking?

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Iíll go against the grain and say Theo Riddick wonít end up making the team. Not much of a threat rushing the ball and hasnít eclipsed 500 yards receiving in 3 seasons averaging only 6.3 ypr last season and 7.1 ypr in those 3 seasons. He isnít much of an improvement over Booker if at all and Booker offers some special teams value and is a bigger RB which helps with pass protection.

Iíd say this move is just in case someone gets hurt in the preseason we already have a solid option available. And if he is cut he has some familiarity with the offense should someone get hurt later in the year and heís still available.

Folks... I am so glad Broncos football is back.

NFL is BACK!~
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Welcome to the team Riddick
    Red 98

Booker is a good receiver, Riddick gives some depth in case of injury but they have a couple of guys - Kahlfani? Muhammad and Devontae Jackson - that are speedy and look to be decent receivers too, they do lack size though.

WOW, Fangio hospitalized for treatment of Kidney Stones? Which he has evidently passed, and will be on the field tonight.

For the cordcutters ....... I think we might be able to watch on NBC Sports dot com
    Red 98