OBJ To the Browns

Mike Garafolo

@MikeGarafolo
    Follow Follow @MikeGarafolo
    More
    BREAKING: The #Browns have traded for #Giants WR Odell Beckham, sources say. The deal is done. I am not joking.

Wow if true the Browns are killing it. This would be great for Mayfield.
    “Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

― Mark Twain

Gave up their first, their second third round pick and Jabrill Peppers.

It’s a good acquisition but they paid an extremely deep price throwing peppers into the deal.

I just realized It’s the second third round pick... not second and third round... that makes it more reasonable looking,
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    I just realized It’s the second third round pick... not second and third round... that makes it more reasonable looking,
    Still a bit much imo, considering OBJ's issues he has had on and off the field. I believe that is part of the reason Giants were shopping him to begin with. But I still think it is a great move for them if he keeps it together and plays ball. It should really help their young qb and offense all together. He probably catapulted up all the DC's lists on weapons to worry about from Browns O. That should be very good for the rest of the O. I love it for the Browns, all though they certainly are beginning to worry me as an opponent. But right now I am soaking in what that means for the Squeelers, Birdies and Tiggers. I hope they go 6-0 in the Division.

― Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    Still a bit much imo, considering OBJ's issues he has had on and off the field. I believe that is part of the reason Giants were shopping him to begin with. But I still think it is a great move for them if he keeps it together and plays ball. It should really help their young qb and offense all together. He probably catapulted up all the DC's lists on weapons to worry about from Browns O. That should be very good for the rest of the O. I love it for the Browns, all though they certainly are beginning to worry me as an opponent. But right now I am soaking in what that means for the Squeelers, Birdies and Tiggers. I hope they go 6-0 in the Division.

Still lots to give,, but less than I thought at first... I don’t like headcase revivers...from TO, to chad Johnson, now AB, and OB... but a second year QB,s best friend is going to be the guy that’s opens up the O for him..

Browns doing the win now while the division changes, and the QB is cheap..
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

I do wonder what this means for Eli, the writing may be on the wall. We shall see. Very interested in what they do in the draft.

― Mark Twain

Wonder if Thomas would consider coming out of retirement and playing for the Brown's again with what they have/are building. They are definitely contenders now imo.

― Mark Twain

I think this is a great move by the Browns. They already have a lot of talent on offense. OBJ will push that offense over the top imo.

Pitt is watching its good players leave.

Clev has been using a lot of draft picks in recent years to add talent to the team. Now is the time to see that team take the next step.
    Win lose or tie Bronco fan til I die

They’re still the Browns, so I’ll believe they’re good when I see it.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    Wonder if Thomas would consider coming out of retirement and playing for the Brown's again with what they have/are building. They are definitely contenders now imo.
    He had dropped 50 pounds from his retirement to July. I'm guessing he's down a lot more. It wouldn't be easy for him to bulk up again, and I don't know if he has any snaps left in his body? They could certainly use his leadership though.

EDIT: Here's a story about Joe Thomas and how he would keep weight on. He said that he'd have to take in 4200 calories on inactive days just to maintain the weight.

https://www.bardown.com/joe-thomas-r...days-1.1037122

Not saying he couldn't get back to weight, just posting that because of how insane that is to do that every day just to be able to maintain the weight.
    Last edited by Butler By'Note; 03-12-2019 at 07:59 PM.

Jabrill Peppers hasn't been stellar thus far. I had been hearing the Giants wanted two 1's for Beckham but the Browns gave up a 1 & a 3. Cleveland didn't sacrifice the future, and got a great WR to go along with a bunch of other weapons. Dorsey is doing a great job.

ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    He had dropped 50 pounds from his retirement to July. I'm guessing he's down a lot more. It wouldn't be easy for him to bulk up again, and I don't know if he has any snaps left in his body? They could certainly use his leadership though.
    Totally. Now they have Earl Thomas probably coming in. They're bringing the NBA super teams to the NFL

That said, Mayfield is a hard person to control. They are primed for a hot start and collapse. Good thing for them the AFCN is in shambles.

To those who think The Browns did the right thing....add me to the club. They are primed for a real run, and in my view, when you think you are on the verge, you grab it by the throat. BUT...they are also young enough to be around a long time. I do not have to name the players....but folks know that there is an abundance of talent now, led by a confident, skilled, young QB. They are strong on both sides of the ball. They are not in need of a draft to get them over the hump. Not these days. Losing a 1st hurts a bit, but like some have said, they got some really good talent for their D in FA. These are "real" players, with "real" track records. Losing their 2nd third rounder is not necessarily eventful....it's a rookie. Peppers is a loss as well, but they had to pay for one of the premiere players in the league.

And lets not forget, they had an outstanding draft last year! Lots of picks, yes, but lots of quality decisions! Possibly 5 or more starters (as I recall), and some of top tier potential.

I love what they are doing! I have felt for their fans, and now these folks will be lining up to get tickets, if there are any left.

Good on them!

Maybe they can sign LeBron to play TE, or whatever!
    Last edited by CanDB; 03-13-2019 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    There are two kinds of "hard to coach" imo

The TO "Hard to Coach" and the Charles Haley "Hard to Coach"

Coaches needed to figure out how to keep players like Charles Haley in the building imo

So far OBJ looks more like TO but this is his first change of teams so we will see.
    Win lose or tie Bronco fan til I die