Le'Veon Bell to the Jets

I'm ok that we (Oakland/Las Vegas) didn't get him. Need to spend some of that cash on defense.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...s-sitting-2018

ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    Wondering what the contract is. Definitely gonna be lower than what Pitt offered him last year.

4 years, $52.5 million

Should probably merge this with the free agency thread.

Pittsburgh offered him $45 million in the first 3 years, and the annual value (not that it matters that much) comes in below what he turned down on the franchise tag last year. He got a very rich contract but it was less than he could have had, and he'll never get that $14 million back.

You ask me Bell showed he is a complete moron for being so upset at such a massive deal a year ago. I knew all along he wouldnít get a matching deal or better and it didnít even take long for him to fail.

And heíll never get the money back from sitting last year.

But I like what The Jets have done, even with the high price for Mosley. Significant upgrades on O and D!

In a "cents", they saved a little on one and paid a bit too much on another....so it almost balances. Even if too much overall, they are looking to help their young QB succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Pittsburgh offered him $45 million in the first 3 years, and the annual value (not that it matters that much) comes in below what he turned down on the franchise tag last year. He got a very rich contract but it was less than he could have had, and he'll never get that $14 million back.

Yeah that was my only knock against Bell sitting out and forfeiting $14 million.

Even if he had got a billion dollar contract this year his bank account will ALWAYS be $14 million less than what it would have been had he not sat out.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

He got double to triple the guaranteed money, he didnít get injured in the mean time in fact he got healthier, he got out of Pitt and put himself in a great mkt city which he probably likes.

I think he did pretty well myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    Yeah that was my only knock against Bell sitting out and forfeiting $14 million.

Even if he had got a billion dollar contract this year his bank account will ALWAYS be $14 million less than what it would have been had he not sat out.
    Not if he had gotten injured and released,he ended up with way more this way.

The player made an educated decision for himself and family and I bet he is good with the results.

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post

The player made an educated decision for himself and family and I bet he is good with the results.
    Given his track record, he would've gotten about 24+touches per game at the end of the season there. Calculated risk, I guess. What it ultimately comes down to is however much guaranteed money PIT was willing to offer him. That's what he was really after.

He got double to triple the guaranteed money, he didn’t get injured in the mean time in fact he got healthier, he got out of Pitt and put himself in a great mkt city which he probably likes.

I think he did pretty well myself.
    FL.....I'd like to say "great minds....." but that would be way too rich (on my side of the ledger). But again, I agree with you. The guaranteed money was a big factor, plus as you say, healthy and in a place that likes to promote stars. Cha ching!

IF...IF...IF...

What IF he had played and not got injured???

What IF he had continued being productive as he's always been???

IF he had played then more than just 1 team (NY Jets) would have 'actually' offered him a deal, thus creating a bidding war for his services and making his value rise that much more along with having that $14 million, that he'll never recoup, in the bank.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above