Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

We need 25 points a game to win next year. Where is that going to come from?

Our WRs are going to be Sanders, Sutton, Hamilton, Patrick, ?, ?. TEs will be ???. Our running game will be strong with Lindsay and Freeman. We need another outside wide receiver. We DEFINITELY need a TE. But keeping Flacco upright is going to be a challenge. We just lost Paradis, so no we have no true center, unless Sam Jones is the plan, and we still need a legit LT and a LG, assuming we keep Leary and he's recovered, otherwise we need a RG as well.

My gut says they draft either White or Bush with #10 to give Fangio the QB on defense he's used to having. Only way we get one of the Iowa TEs at that point would be to trade back into the first round. Expensive. But even if we do and get one, how is the line getting fixed? Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about, but it seems pointless to have weapons if you can't get the ball out of the QB's hand, and the only way that happens, especially down field, is with time. I'm 44, 5'9", 195, and I promise you I run faster than Flacco. Stopwatch clocked at 4.95. So his "mobility" is against us. Given the first two years, this, to me, means Bolles is going to get more holding calls because he just can't seem to keep his hips square and turns into a door, swinging wide open, which causes him to use his big meat hooks to grab the guy. Two years we've seen this happen, no reason to believe it won't again. I get it, Munchak is a genius with the O-line, but the player has to be able to do what he's telling him, and I'm not sure Bolles can.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

I'm not sure what's ideal.... Maybe Bolles moves to G and they pick up Dillard or Taylor at #10 but then we lose out on White or Bush. McGovern can work Center with Munchak helping him. We all know Ja'Wuan James is set at RT unless they see him at LT...... If Leary is healthy, he'll be LG. I've seen a few Guards that will be available in the 2nd round..... Who knows??

Three TDs, four XPs and a FG
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

No problem piece of cake, wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Three TDs, four XPs and a FG
    3 tds but four xps??

Howís that work?

Convert 2 XPA on one of the TDs.

Convert 2 XPA on one of the TDs.
    As in a two point conversion? Not attempting the kick twice?

Well knowing the current Broncos trend, 1 TD and 6 FGs

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    As in a two point conversion? Not attempting the kick twice?
    Three TDs. Kick one extra point on two of them makes 14 points. Convert 2 XPA on one of them makes 22 points. Kick a FG makes 25 points.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Well knowing the current Broncos trend, 1 TD and 6 FGs
    That would work.

Three TDs. Kick one extra point on two of them makes 14 points. Convert 2 XPA on one of them makes 22 points. Kick a FG makes 25 points.
    Yeah I got it I just donít generally refer to a two point conversion as 2 XPA. Thatís why I was initially confused until you clarified.

Donít meant to play semantics as I realize it means the same thing. Just explaining why i was initially confused.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Yeah I got it I just donít generally refer to a two point conversion as 2 XPA. Thatís why I was initially confused until you clarified.

Donít meant to play semantics as I realize it means the same thing. Just explaining why i was initially confused.
    XPA = Extra Point Attempt by place kick (PK)

2 XPA = two point attempt after a TD by run or pass

FGA = Field Goal Attempt

XPA = Extra Point Attempt by place kick (PK)

2 XPA = two point attempt after a TD by run or pass

FGA = Field Goal Attempt
    I knew what you meant when you divided it out.

But initially it was 4 XPA and without thinking of a two point conversion I thought you were saying 4 points by place kick but only 3 TDís scored.

this is not a proven statement i don't hear defense mentioned here. we still have an elite pass rush we may not need to put up 25 p a game.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    this is not a proven statement i don't hear defense mentioned here. we still have an elite pass rush we may not need to put up 25 p a game.
    Good point. Fangio's D last year surrendered an average of less than 20 ppg, I believe.