Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Eric Berry

We have good safeties. Young with great potential, plus Jackson can play it too. No need to overpay at all, but on the cheap I would. He may love to shut the Chiefs down twice a year.

On a side note, he didn't play here, not sure if that was because of the altitude or not. If so, it is not even a plausible. He did say it wasn't sickle cell, but maybe a medication issue post cancer??

I'd give him 1 year 9 million on a prove it deal. He could end up being the 2019 NFL Comeback Player of the Year. Or not. But he has that potential and his experience could help in the development of Justin Simmons. I honestly think it is at least worth exploring.
    New England Patriots GM

You sign him to an incentive deal 1mil base. But can earn up to 8 mill, based on incentives, aka plays 80% of the defensive plays etc. 1mill incentive deal based on % of plays played sounds like a good risk for 1mill base.

If I read correctly i think chiefs are saving $3mil to release him. And I think they still owe him a significant margin. Iím not sure itís going to take $8-10 mil that some of you expect to sign him to a one year prove it deal.

He may go for $5-6 if he is still getting a good margin from the chiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    If I read correctly i think chiefs are saving $3mil to release him. And I think they still owe him a significant margin. I’m not sure it’s going to take $8-10 mil that some of you expect to sign him to a one year prove it deal.

He may go for $5-6 if he is still getting a good margin from the chiefs.
    It's not just about what Berry would agree to, though; it's about what other teams will be willing to pay to bring him on. All it takes is one or two other interested teams in a bidding war and that price starts to go up.

That being said, I would approve of the Broncos signing Berry to a low-base, incentive-laden contract. He's a very good player when he's healthy.

I would sign him around 4.5 on a one year deal. He's more of a big name at this point in his career than a player to count on.

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    No thanks, tired of bringing in players who we pay to not be on the field. We definitely have limited resources left in FA, I would prefer to be patient and use them elsewhere.
    Yeah Sua Cravens should change his name to Easy Money. I was disappointed when the honey badger went to KC but at this point Iíd rather resign TJ Ward than Eric Berry but we all know Elway wonít sign either so nothing to see here!

Cravens makes 800,000 bucks. Never heard John complain about his work ethic, nor was he cut. He has had an injury riddled start to his career, and it's not like he is getting 10 million a year like Cushing was.

Quote Originally Posted by conannilsen View Post
    Cravens makes 800,000 bucks. Never heard John complain about his work ethic, nor was he cut. He has had an injury riddled start to his career, and it's not like he is getting 10 million a year like Cushing was.
    I donít care what anyone says 800,000 is still a lot of money.

Cravens has a poor work ethic even when in rehab, he wonít be on this team long especially when we have two other safetyís in Dymonte Thomas and Jamal Carter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I donít care what anyone says 800,000 is still a lot of money.

Cravens has a poor work ethic even when in rehab, he wonít be on this team long especially when we have two other safetyís in Dymonte Thomas and Jamal Carter.
    Send me link to a John Elway comment about his work ethic and I'll agree with you. I have seen no comment on his work ethic at all. We played it cautious with him as he was still having knee issues. Remained patient as we had no shot for playoffs. He will be fine going forward, and I like Thomas and Carter. All 5 make a high potential group.

Quote Originally Posted by conannilsen View Post
    Send me link to a John Elway comment about his work ethic and I'll agree with you. I have seen no comment on his work ethic at all. We played it cautious with him as he was still having knee issues. Remained patient as we had no shot for playoffs. He will be fine going forward, and I like Thomas and Carter. All 5 make a high potential group.
    I don’t have to send you anything, I couldn’t care less about wether or not you accept any statements. However I am basing it off of what his former teammates in Washington have said.

Also if it came down to Cravens and Thomas or Carter, I’m willing to bet that Elway releases Cravens first.
    Miller Ware Chubb 1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I don’t have to send you anything, I couldn’t care less about wether or not you accept any statements. However I am basing it off of what his former teammates in Washington have said.

Also if it came down to Cravens and Thomas or Carter, I’m willing to bet that Elway releases Cravens first.
    So which one of his old teammates do you know personally, who questioned his work ethic? Whose word did you take?