Late Round QBs...Easton Stick

Hey all. With the FA signings so far, I'm more and more convinced that we shouldn't take a QB at #10. My wish list includes impact D (Oliver, Bush/White, Gary, or if someone else slips). I would also be more than happy to add Hockenson at 10 or in a trade back scenario (this would be my preferred choice).

I think we still have to go QB later, and after studying the guys out there I find myself more and more impressed with Easton Stick. Sure, he didn't play against top competition, but the dude is a winner (49-3 career record), has good enough arm strength, put up great combine numbers to back the athleticism we see on film, and appears to be a great leader.

Sure, guys like Rypien come to mind as well, but Stick could be had in the 5-7 round range and develop under Scangarello and learn from Flacco. His quick rhythm throwing ability and athleticism appear to be great fits for the offense. Thoughts?

I didn't know anything about him until this post. I like him. I'm completely cool with taking a chance on him late.

I immediately take note of the sports company and the name. How can he not be a great prospect when named after a bat. This kid was custom built to hit Homers.

Never seen him, but Synchronicity has as much value as watching film I guess.

I like Eric Dungey and Jarrett Stidham

I like Rypien as early as the 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    Easton Stick 7th round, I am not liking Rypien in the 2nd. That is too high and we could get a missed 1st rounder where we draft.

Tyree Jackson or Will Grier could be later rounds. Grier more of 2-3 round and Jackson more 5-7 round

Ryan Finley or Jarret Stidham or Tyree Jackson in the 2nd or 3rd round.
    Last edited by Ohenhen1; 03-18-2019 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    Yep. Everyone else is a bigger risk than Rypien in their own ways. The only think Rypien doesn't have going for him is a Lock/Allen arm. Aside from that, he may be the most accurate passer in this class. He's well worth the investment if we are serious about a franchise player.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Love Easton Stick, sleeper pick that I think we can hopefully get in the later rounds

Hard pass on Rypien in the 2nd.. or any of the second tier qbs.

Talent pool is too rich and we have too many holes to fill to go qb that high.
    Last edited by donkeyDookie; 03-27-2019 at 06:24 PM.