Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    There's a longtime poster on another board who either works for the broncos or has some sort of connection on the inside. He puts little things out there every now and then and they're pretty much always right on the money. Anyway, he said that Oliver got into a verbal argument with Bronco reps at the combine as well as other team's staff at his pro day. His visit with the Eagles apparantly also when horridly.

Actually CEH connections are with the guys at the fan. Kind like how Niki Jhabvalvalvalavalvalva was a source for Khan. That said, we have some people (mainly from Req who used to post here) who drop stuff or confirm it. What CEH said is correct when we asked. It was not a good interview I guess. Dont know about the argument, but all the same. Very unlikely he will be a bronco.
    For now....
    1. Reuben Badass LB; 2. Joe Mixon RB; 3. Jake Butt TE; 3B Sid Jones DB; 4. Bucky Hoges TE; 6. Ryan Switzer WR. Trade for Sheldon Richardson.

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Actually CEH connections are with the guys at the fan. Kind like how Niki Jhabvalvalvalavalvalva was a source for Khan. That said, we have some people (mainly from Req who used to post here) who drop stuff or confirm it. What CEH said is correct when we asked. It was not a good interview I guess. Dont know about the argument, but all the same. Very unlikely he will be a bronco.
    I never saw the Khan Nikki connection, very interesting!

Fangio does not seem like the kind of coach to deal with diva attitudes, if that's what Oliver is working with.

What forum was the Ed Oliver comment made on?

Elway is not drafting a qb at 10.

Only qb I'd want us to target is Haskins/Murray and I hate to admit, I think Elway would pass on both if they were there too..

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    what position?
    DT of course maybe slide him to DE at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillez View Post
    DT of course maybe slide him to DE at times.
    I am unsure what you mean by DT then slide him to DE. They don't run an even front with 2 down linemen often lined up in a 1 technique and a 3 technique with 2 DEs often lined up at 5, 7, or 9.

From all of the current info I have read, Fangio runs an odd front running with the NT at 0/1 and the DEs at 4 and 5 most of the time. I have looked at highlights from last years game and many of those highlights show that alignment. Here is a video of the Bears vs Rams. Look at:17 in. No they don't always align in those positions but they have to be able to do so effectively. If you meant line him up at 0 then slide him to a 4 sometimes, that is not what Oliver is good at. He will be best at a 3 in an even front alignment, imo.

IMO, A better fit for him would Bucs at 5, Buffalo at 9, or Dolphins at 13.
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 04-20-2019 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I had forgotten about a story I read about Oliver's attitude. There was an innuendo, that he was a diva. Meaning that he was argumentative and self centered. I blew it off at the time because there didn't seem to be any substantiation to it and we've been in Lying Season for a while now. If it's true, though, the kid is going to drop like a stone in the draft.

I am unsure what you mean by DT then slide him to DE. They don't run an even front with 2 down linemen often lined up in a 1 technique and a 3 technique with 2 DEs often lined up at 5, 7, or 9.

From all of the current info I have read, Fangio runs an odd front running with the NT at 0/1 and the DEs at 4 and 5 most of the time. I have looked at highlights from last years game and many of those highlights show that alignment. Here is a video of the Bears vs Rams. Look at:17 in. No they don't always align in those positions but they have to be able to do so effectively. If you meant line him up at 0 then slide him to a 4 sometimes, that is not what Oliver is good at. He will be best at a 3 in an even front alignment, imo.

With the changes in his defensive assignments over the years, it stands to believe he will design his strategy based on his personnel.

As for the rumors, we will know on draft day. If he goes top 10 then they were a plant. If he drops passed us then hes got a hell of a problem.

I blew it off at the time because there didn't seem to be any substantiation to it and we've been in Lying Season for a while now.
    Smokescreen doesn't make much sense to me. I just think of it from a player's viewpoint:

A team trashes your reputation with untrue statements, causing you to slide in the draft and costing you large sums of potential earnings. They then draft you at a lower position, and expect you to be excited to play for them?

Seems like a really bad way to kick off a relationship. Also seems beneath the integrity of the Broncos org.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
    Smokescreen doesn't make much sense to me. I just think of it from a player's viewpoint:

A team trashes your reputation with untrue statements, causing you to slide in the draft and costing you large sums of potential earnings. They then draft you at a lower position, and expect you to be excited to play for them?

Seems like a really bad way to kick off a relationship. Also seems beneath the integrity of the Broncos org.
    Philly is the only team that I've seen with a meaningful link to the allegations and even that isn't first hand.

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    I had forgotten about a story I read about Oliver's attitude. There was an innuendo, that he was a diva. Meaning that he was argumentative and self centered. I blew it off at the time because there didn't seem to be any substantiation to it and we've been in Lying Season for a while now. If it's true, though, the kid is going to drop like a stone in the draft.
    He may or may not be but I definitely think teams are baiting him to be argumentative simply because of the jacket incident in college.

I think that its pigeonholing him to think he wouldnt fit our d. We all like to bring up the fact that the best coordinators fit their offenses/defenses to their players abilities. Isnt Fangio one of the best? Hasnt he proven to be able to do just that?

Olivers skill set could have him as a top 5 DT in the next 2 years. That type of consistent inside pressure is impossible to find and of even more value to a team such as ours with elite outside guys.

Also you keep avoiding his 0-1 technique stats which shows even though hes not "classically" built for those positions, performed at a high level when asked to.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskajoe View Post
    I think that its pigeonholing him to think he wouldnt fit our d. We all like to bring up the fact that the best coordinators fit their offenses/defenses to their players abilities. Isnt Fangio one of the best? Hasnt he proven to be able to do just that?

Olivers skill set could have him as a top 5 DT in the next 2 years. That type of consistent inside pressure is impossible to find and of even more value to a team such as ours with elite outside guys.

Also you keep avoiding his 0-1 technique stats which shows even though hes not "classically" built for those positions, performed at a high level when asked to.
    in college, in a weak conference. He would have a hard time taking on double teams from a 0 in the NFL
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 04-21-2019 at 11:53 AM.

in college, in a weak conference. He would have a hard time taking on double teams from a 0 in the NFL
    Sure, if he's asked to play two gap. If O-Line doubles a one gap guy, they may not get everyone blocked even at POA. Two gap 0/1/2/3 techs must command a double ; one gappers need quickness and strength to get to the gap and control it.

As previously discussed, we won't know if Denver will run one gap/spill or two gap/funnel until we see some preseason games. Going two gap would be a major change since the Broncos have been one gap the past four years.

Also, as previously pointed out, one gap can be played from even numbered techniques.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Sure, if he's asked to play two gap. If O-Line doubles a one gap guy, they may not get everyone blocked even at POA. Two gap 0/1/2/3 techs must command a double ; one gappers need quickness and strength to get to the gap and control it.

As previously discussed, we won't know if Denver will run one gap/spill or two gap/funnel until we see some preseason games. Going two gap would be a major change since the Broncos have been one gap the past four years.

Also, as previously pointed out, one gap can be played from even numbered techniques.
    I agree. You don't see many, if any, 285 pound NT in the league though. 1 gap or 2 gap.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskajoe View Post

I agree with that. Playing a 3 technique in an even front. Maybe even a 4/5.