Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

If Ed Oliver drops to #10

Devin White, Hockenson or a legit NT would be ideal picks for us at #10 ( Maybe a QB as well).

But what if Ed Oliver falls to us? Many mocks have him sliding to our pick. Does Ed Oliver have more impact and game changing ability than the names above? If he does, should we be drafting him even though he is not a critical need?

Some say he is possibly the next Aaron Donald. Well, I would be happy to consider moving to a 4/3 D if I could have Miller, Chubb, a space eater and Donald on the same line.

Is Ed Oliver even going to be a part of the conversation?

Thoughts?
    How did I get so lucky at 8 years old to pick the Broncos as my favourite NFL team and 35 years later have them be the most successful winning franchise since I picked them

Would Oliver's game translate better as a 2/3 tech in a one gap split front rather than as a 4/5 in a two gap odd front?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Would Oliver's game translate better as a 2/3 tech in a one gap split front rather than as a 4/5 in a two gap odd front?
    Honestly id say a 2/3. His lack of length hurts him as a 5. That way he can use his initial burst to beat slower and less agile C/Gs. He has the ability to get shoulder to shoulder in the phone booth while inside. Id be concerned that when in the 4 or 5 his lack of length would allow tackles to keep him at a distance which negates his first 2 steps

As for picking him at 10. Sure. He has the chops to be a mixture of sapp and darnold. Probably a step below but thats ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskajoe View Post
    Honestly id say a 2/3. His lack of length hurts him as a 5. That way he can use his initial burst to beat slower and less agile C/Gs. He has the ability to get shoulder to shoulder in the phone booth while inside. Id be concerned that when in the 4 or 5 his lack of length would allow tackles to keep him at a distance which negates his first 2 steps
    Sounds like a one gapper in a split front.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

I posted in another thread about this, but I think Dexter Lawrence, Khalen Saunders, and Ed Alexander may be better fits for what Fangio is trying to do
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Sounds like a one gapper in a split front.
    Agreed. Dont get me wrong with his talent he could be played in a variety of rolls. Im just thinking on a majority of snaps basis his penetration skills are his most useful. Im imagining him and wolfe along with kerr, chubb and miller on a 3rd and long....fun.
    Oliver stunting with wolfe....hehe

Maybe but imagine with fangios ability to scheme adjust having a interior penetrator with Eds skill and speed....thsts not a nascar lineup, thats a formula 1 lineup

4.7 at 281!

Just to put Ed Oliver’s 4.19 short-shuttle time into perspective, here’s some other notable results:

4.18 – Antonio Brown
    4.19 – DeSean Jackson
    4.24 – Saquon Barkley
    4.24 – Le’Veon Bell
    4.25 – Julio Jones
    4.39 – Aaron Donald

Oh man that's unreal

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Just to put Ed Oliver’s 4.19 short-shuttle time into perspective, here’s some other notable results:

4.18 – Antonio Brown
    4.19 – DeSean Jackson
    4.24 – Saquon Barkley
    4.24 – Le’Veon Bell
    4.25 – Julio Jones
    4.39 – Aaron Donald

Oh man that's unreal
    Who are those guys 😉

Does anyone know what his splits were?

His size still bothers me but outside that I should love him in Denver. Dude is dominate and it’s great for tackles for losses

I know his weight bothers people but he should put on another 5-10lbs over the next 4 years in an NFL training program. His fast twitch burst would be minimally impacted.

As for his abilities, he's a drive wrecker.

The difference that I cant stress enough is the interior pressure he brings. Mahomes, Brady, Luck, Rivers, etc its all about the inability for them to make that 1st read with pressure in their face.

I was watching a Pro Football Focus youtube review on him. They pointed out that he had by far and away the most NT snaps in this class.

Think about that. On a line without another NFL caliber player and while playing in the one position that guaranteed a majority of double teams, he still wrecked games.

Him in an undertackle or 3 tech spot with Chubb or Von on his hip is devastation for an o-line coach.

Take Oliver if he falls to 10, grab a interior olineman, TE or MLB in the 2nd and a developmental QB in the 4th. Lets roll with the Flacco experiment for the year and see how it shakes out. But one way or another we now have 3 dominant game wreckers in the front 7 for 4 more years and 2 after von hangs them up.

He wont go past 4. For comparison too, Sapp was a 4.69 40 and Gruden loved him. Bills want him too. So I once thought he may make it, but not anymore.