Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    I would take him in a Heart Beat !!

If he drops to #10 Denver better draft Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillez View Post
    If he drops to #10 Denver better draft Oliver.
    if people enjoyed vons reaction to chubb last year, imagine his one to oliver

Even if Oliver was there at 10, taking him would still depend on who else is still there.
    I tend to feel that he is a LITTLE overrated but, I could be wrong. Considering where he would project - DT/NT/DE?- where would he fit on the Broncos at ...287lbs? I like the flexibility of the 3-4 personnel and I am not sure he fits that unless the need is a DE and I don't think the Broncos "need" a DE ... BUT if he is clearly the BPA - other than QB - than they should take him.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskajoe View Post
    if people enjoyed vons reaction to chubb last year, imagine his one to oliver
    Exactly he has pro bowl type talent. Denver D will be beast again.

Love to see Oliver in Denver. But, Hockenson would improve the whole offense. He would raise all percentages from 3rd down conversions, red zone TDs, passes over 20 yards to all wrs, and improve the O-line tremendously. He could raise JF's completion percentages and help the running game. Teams would have to game plan against him. I always wondered how Brady would have done w/out Gronk, or Elway w/out Shannon sharp. Not as many SBs, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by jflee66 View Post
    Love to see Oliver in Denver. But, Hockenson would improve the whole offense. He would raise all percentages from 3rd down conversions, red zone TDs, passes over 20 yards to all wrs, and improve the O-line tremendously. He could raise JF's completion percentages and help the running game. Teams would have to game plan against him. I always wondered how Brady would have done w/out Gronk, or Elway w/out Shannon sharp. Not as many SBs, IMO.
    Hockenson is a elite TE and is great all around he blocks great too. I wouldnít be mad if we drafted him.

Quote Originally Posted by jflee66 View Post
    Man I love all the Oliver opinions and would be fired up to get him. But your argument on Hockenson makes a lot of sense. Our D is looking pretty scary as is, Hockenson could have a more dramatic effect on our whole team. I mean if we are going run/play action as a team, nobody would fit in better than the Hock 😉

We need firepower on the O. Doesnít matter how good our D is if the O canít put up points, just look at the last 3 years. Our entire WR group is a question mark. Sanders should return close to form, but thatís to be seen. We donít know what kind of jump Sutton and the rest of the rookies will make, if any. Sutton to me, feels like a future bust, will see. Butt is coming off an ACL and Huererman could pull a hammy getting out of bed.
    Give me Hock at 10.

Oliver is a "tweener". What were his height and weight at his Pro day? Wasn't it 6-2, 281? That is not a Defensive Tackle. He would be competing with Gotsis, Kerr, Walker, and Wolfe. And then we will need to Draft an NT. With that being said, Oliver is a special athlete, and having lived in South Texas recently, I've always been impressed with what I've seen. But if you get a chance, listen to the guy when interviewed. And although you don't have to be a "rocket scientist" to be an affective player, I would have some real questions about bringing this guy in.

Vic Fangio told Andrew Mason that his D-Linemen are interchangeable. It sounds more like a one gap which will be shifted with four guys in numbered techniques. I think Ed Oliver would do very well anywhere in that alignment playing one gap. If he's there at #10, he most likely would be BPA.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Oliver is a "tweener". What were his height and weight at his Pro day? Wasn't it 6-2, 281? That is not a Defensive Tackle. He would be competing with Gotsis, Kerr, Walker, and Wolfe. And then we will need to Draft an NT. With that being said, Oliver is a special athlete, and having lived in South Texas recently, I've always been impressed with what I've seen. But if you get a chance, listen to the guy when interviewed. And although you don't have to be a "rocket scientist" to be an affective player, I would have some real questions about bringing this guy in.
    I said the same thing about Aaron Donald coming out of college. I was wrong.

What if Haskins and Oliver both dropped to 10?

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I said the same thing about Aaron Donald coming out of college. I was wrong.
    I want to make the same comparisons but I just canít! Aaron Donald is such a rare player he makes Von, Khalil, and Watt look average!

I really like Oliver and most likely share your opinions on him but I just canít compare him or anyone to Donald!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I want to make the same comparisons but I just canít! Aaron Donald is such a rare player he makes Von, Khalil, and Watt look average!

I really like Oliver and most likely share your opinions on him but I just canít compare him or anyone to Donald!
    Try this

Is he 85-90% of Donald? If he is, then he isnt necessarily a HOFer but would be a perennial pro bowler. If thats the case, id fly my butt to the draft and run the card up to the podium myself.