Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    ďGrowing senseĒ

Is this a silver tongue way of saying conjecture and speculation?
    Here go ask him
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Allbright...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Iíll have to access my account later (itís been a while), but I just might!
    It might be fun if he replies.

You could reply for me and say ďasking for a friendĒ

Could be a smoke screen but I actually believe there is a ton of truth behind this and it would not bother me one bit.
    Drop back and take Fant and Lawrence, or Risner and Lawrence.
    I think eith one of those 2 options would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Iíll have to access my account later (itís been a while), but I just might!
    It might be fun if he replies.

You could reply for me and say ďasking for a friendĒ
    That takes the fun out of it!

Iíve actually post Dmacís twitter as well and then watched other posters here go rounds with him. Next time Iíll have to get some popcorn! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Daniel Jeremiah's new mock has Oliver going at #3 to The Jets! This guy's stock is rising off the charts!!
    Here's an interesting scouting report on the guy dated 04/01/2019 : https://www.cover1.net/nfl-draft-sco...er-dt-houston/

A snippet:

Ultimately, Oliver is a top-10 prospect who projects as a high-level starter that teams will win because of. Although less developed in the passing game than some of his fellow draftees, coaches will feel confident in their ability to teach him proper hand usage. Given his overall strength and athleticism, the 2017 Outland Trophy winner’s ceiling is too high to ignore or pass on in the draft.

This dude will be a stud, but I just dont see the fit and would rather get the top prospect at a position of need

DMac is saying he is hearing whispers about a potential vet being on the roster bubble and he said Wolfe. Heís not saying he is predicting it but he believes if they select a DE early in the draft he may be on the bubble.

Iíve been pounding the table for this to happen regardless because of his cap hit and his lack of production. We shall see.

Could be a smoke screen but I actually believe there is a ton of truth behind this and it would not bother me one bit.
    Drop back and take Fant and Lawrence, or Risner and Lawrence.

I can confirm this. Back to mid teens. If a situation like chubb happens we will stay at 10, but for now they do not see anyway it plays out that way. So back to 17 or so is the plan.
    For now....
    1. Reuben Badass LB; 2. Joe Mixon RB; 3. Jake Butt TE; 3B Sid Jones DB; 4. Bucky Hoges TE; 6. Ryan Switzer WR. Trade for Sheldon Richardson.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    DMac is saying he is hearing whispers about a potential vet being on the roster bubble and he said Wolfe. He’s not saying he is predicting it but he believes if they select a DE early in the draft he may be on the bubble.

I’ve been pounding the table for this to happen regardless because of his cap hit and his lack of production. We shall see.
    Also correct.

the reason harris jr is not being extended is they are waiting until after the draft because they have an offer on the table for him. If Baker becomes our pick for Ex then we my be shipping off my fav bronco.
    For now....
    1. Reuben Badass LB; 2. Joe Mixon RB; 3. Jake Butt TE; 3B Sid Jones DB; 4. Bucky Hoges TE; 6. Ryan Switzer WR. Trade for Sheldon Richardson.

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Also correct.

the reason harris jr is not being extended is they are waiting until after the draft because they have an offer on the table for him. If Baker becomes our pick for Ex then we my be shipping off my fav bronco.
    Yea Iím sure we do have an offer if not multiple offers for Harris but if it were up to me Iíd prob wouldnít extend him. Not because I donít like CHJ or think he will be bad. Iíd wait for his contract to expire then franchise tag him. In two years I fully expect his to start to go downwards. It would be the cheaper option vs giving him more guarantee money and a longer deal. Plus, you would be able to shop him this season if the team does poorly and we go into tank/ rebuild mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    DMac is saying he is hearing whispers about a potential vet being on the roster bubble and he said Wolfe. Heís not saying he is predicting it but he believes if they select a DE early in the draft he may be on the bubble.

Iíve been pounding the table for this to happen regardless because of his cap hit and his lack of production. We shall see.
    This is why Iíve been saying all along that one of these vets would be traded, either Emmanuel, CHJ, or Wolfe.

The cap hits are going to be too high to absorb all three and why extend all three when either Ed Oliver, Deandre Baker, or DK Metcalf could be had at 10.

Iíll tell ya, if Sanders is healthy and itís looking like he will be, Flacco will need him and his experience more than the D will need Wolfe or Harris. ES is pretty much the obvious choice to keep but either CHJ or Wolfe will most likely be dealt

Elway told us himself ďweíll extend players/see after the draftĒ.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 04-17-2019 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Also correct.

We all love CHJ but why extend an aging player with a huge contract?

Sure hes one of the best ever but things just got tougher on the CB position.

One could argue With this new rule, that we need to get better at the corner back position or does it really matter at this point?

The league is leaning in the favor of the offensive of the ball once again and yes you need good cornerbacks but do you need to spend big money on them? Will it matter anymore when the challenge flags are going to be coming out in the next couple of years!

Yes you definitely need good corners but you donít have to over pay now.

This is why I’ve been saying all along that one of these vets would be traded, either Emmanuel, CHJ, or Wolfe.

The cap hits are going to be too high to absorb all three and why extend all three when either Ed Oliver, Deandre Baker, or DK Metcalf could be had at 10.

I’ll tell ya, if Sanders is healthy and it’s looking like he will be, Flacco will need him and his experience more than the D will need Wolfe or Harris. ES is pretty much the obvious choice to keep but either CHJ or Wolfe will most likely be dealt

Elway told us himself “we’ll extend players/see after the draft”.
    Metcalf isn't worth a 10 pick, imo. I wouldn't even touch him until the 2nd round.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    Metcalf isn't worth a 10 pick, imo. I wouldn't even touch him until the 2nd round.
    Facts. He is fast but knows one route... straight. Poor route runner.

If somehow Oliver slides to #10 Denver better draft him and not look back it would be crazy to pass on him.