Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    What if Haskins and Oliver both dropped to 10?
    That would be a very tough choice. Haskins to sit for a year or Oliver to develop on the fly in our defense. Very good choices. Then if you had Hockenson in as a choice too. Really Really good choices.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Oliver is a "tweener". What were his height and weight at his Pro day? Wasn't it 6-2, 281? That is not a Defensive Tackle. He would be competing with Gotsis, Kerr, Walker, and Wolfe. And then we will need to Draft an NT. With that being said, Oliver is a special athlete, and having lived in South Texas recently, I've always been impressed with what I've seen. But if you get a chance, listen to the guy when interviewed. And although you don't have to be a "rocket scientist" to be an affective player, I would have some real questions about bringing this guy in.
    He sounds like a good man and a true football player to me.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Vic Fangio told Andrew Mason that his D-Linemen are interchangeable. It sounds more like a one gap which will be shifted with four guys in numbered techniques. I think Ed Oliver would do very well anywhere in that alignment playing one gap. If he's there at #10, he most likely would be BPA.
    I remember him saying that, that he doesn't necessarily think NT/DT/DE, but DL. I think he meant that he uses the strengths of his players where he thinks they will be the most effective regardless of position. I am hoping to see some really creative stuff from him and his staff on the D this year. I'll be satisfied if they draft an impact player at #10 without getting too upset about what position it is.

We will definitely get a talented player at 10. Ignoring positional value for a second. A guy like Oliver vs Hockenson. I think both guys will be studs, and have a strong chance of being the top at their position group. What does Elway and Co value more I wonder? Then there is the other option of trading back to say Washington, and getting guys like Bush or Metcalf and another relatively high draft pick. There is always the QB decision as well. Personally, if Oliver and Hockenson are both on the board, I'd probably lean a little Hock tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    We will definitely get a talented player at 10. Ignoring positional value for a second. A guy like Oliver vs Hockenson. I think both guys will be studs, and have a strong chance of being the top at their position group. What does Elway and Co value more I wonder? Then there is the other option of trading back to say Washington, and getting guys like Bush or Metcalf and another relatively high draft pick. There is always the QB decision as well. Personally, if Oliver and Hockenson are both on the board, I'd probably lean a little Hock tbh.
    That's an interesting idea. If DEN traded with DC, I wonder if DEN could get DC's 1st round pick next year out of it? Could be a worthy gamble if DC drafts a rookie QB at #10 and his growing pains drive up the value of that pick.

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    That's an interesting idea. If DEN traded with DC, I wonder if DEN could get DC's 1st round pick next year out of it? Could be a worthy gamble if DC drafts a rookie QB at #10 and his growing pains drive up the value of that pick.
    Going off the points scale thereís no chance we get their 1st next year for 5 spots. A 2nd round pick is more even.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Going off the points scale thereís no chance we get their 1st next year for 5 spots. A 2nd round pick is more even.
    Next years 1st is usually comparable to this years 2nd based on historical trade value.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Going off the points scale there’s no chance we get their 1st next year for 5 spots. A 2nd round pick is more even.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskajoe View Post
    Next years 1st is usually comparable to this years 2nd based on historical trade value.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. The draft value charts I've seen only consider trades within the same draft year, and picks for the next year are generally accepted as worth one round below the current year. If nothing else our first 5th round pick could be thrown in to sweeten the deal.

For example last year, the Cardinals and Raiders made a trade for Arizona to go from 15 to 10 for Rosen. It cost Zona a 1,3, and 5. So unlikely we get a future 1st, and maybe a future 2nd at best.

Oliver is an outstanding prospect, with surprising speed. But I do not see us going Dline/OLB with our first pick. Prefer we take care of real need at one. But wow, can this guy fly for his size!

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Oliver is an outstanding prospect, with surprising speed. But I do not see us going Dline/OLB with our first pick. Prefer we take care of real need at one. But wow, can this guy fly for his size!
    Im all for need if the it matches ability. These qbs are a definite need but they dont match the ability of a top 10 player. And DL will definitely be a need next season. The problem os if we are better we cant get that impact player on DL nor will kext years class have an Oliver level talent available for us. Grab him. Let wolfe or gostis move on next year. I never want to go back to the days of the Bronwncos

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    If Oliver is the BPA at #10, I can see it. Just like with Chubb last year instead of trading up for a QB. Heís a Top 5 talent dropping to ##10, itís hard to pass up.

My latest mock from walkthemock.com for DEN via Default ranking

1:10 - DL Ed Oliver, Houston
    2:9 - TE Irv Smith Jr., Alabama
    3:7 - WR Parris Campbell, Ohio St.
    4:23 - LB T.J. Edwards, Wisconsin
    5:10 - C Conner McGovern, Penn St.
    5:18 - QB Brett Rypien, Boise St.
    6:9 - OT Mitch Hyatt, Clemson
    7:23 - CB Mark Gilbert, Duke

Quote Originally Posted by 58 broncomaniac View Post
    My latest mock from walkthemock.com for DEN via Default ranking

1:10 - DL Ed Oliver, Houston
    2:9 - TE Irv Smith Jr., Alabama
    3:7 - WR Parris Campbell, Ohio St.
    4:23 - LB T.J. Edwards, Wisconsin
    5:10 - C Conner McGovern, Penn St.
    5:18 - QB Brett Rypien, Boise St.
    6:9 - OT Mitch Hyatt, Clemson
    7:23 - CB Mark Gilbert, Duke
    It would be confusing to have two guys with the same first and last name.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    It would be confusing to have two guys with the same first and last name.
    Well if they both are doing their jobs right you should never hear their names 🤣