Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

SB Nation NFL Consensus Mock 2019

The 2019 Mock Draft Database by Adam Stites
    https://www.sbnation.com/a/nfl-offse...019/mock-draft

The NFL Draft is about as unpredictable as sports get. Last year, draft experts couldnít even nail the first pick.

In our survey of 97 mock drafts ahead of the 2018 NFL Draft, the majority projected the Cleveland Browns would take Sam Darnold at No. 1 overall. Josh Allen got the second-most votes pairing him with the Browns. Instead, Baker Mayfield was the pick ó something only three of the experts surveyed predicted would happen.

Still, thereís power and a little more accuracy that comes with numbers. Saquon Barkley to the Giants, Quenton Nelson to the Colts, Allen to the Bills, Leighton Vander Esch to the Cowboys, D.J. Moore to the Panthers, and Rashaan Evans to the Titans were all the most popular predictions before they became realities.

So stick around here to see the direction that experts are predicting each team will go in the first round of the 2019 NFL Draft.
    Methodology

This database will be updated consistently until draft day.
    Players selected less than eight percent of the time fall into the ďothersĒ category. That threshold may change as more mock drafts are added.
    Mock drafts that include trades are not included.
    All of the mock drafts used are listed at the bottom.

I saved a pic of the top 13 as that's all I could fit on my screen at one time. The entire first round will be mocked by consensus and will be updated as the mocks change leading up to the draft. They have done a pretty good job of updating this over the last few years. It's an interesting way to aggregate mock info.

We donít pass on White for Lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosk View Post
    Let's hope not. Gonna be fun to see who falls to 10.

I hope youíre right.

We don’t pass on White for Lock.
    I would like to think so. I have seen White rise into the top ten away from our pick over the last few weeks, and I have heard a lot of hype about Elway's supposed infatuation with Lock. I know that the QB position is a premium one and that QB's tend to be over-drafted. But I see White as a better pick for us if both are available and I'd rather have him.

I'm reading now that the Giants aren't thinking QB? It's gonna be very interesting to see who falls to us at 10. I just hope we don't trade up and reach for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    I would like to think so. I have seen White rise into the top ten away from our pick over the last few weeks, and I have heard a lot of hype about Elway's supposed infatuation with Lock. I know that the QB position is a premium one and that QB's tend to be over-drafted. But I see White as a better pick for us if both are available and I'd rather have him.
    Assuming Fangio is switching Denver from a one gap to two gap D, 0 tech and Inside Backers to play that style are a priority. Re-signing Zach Kerr is a step in the right direction to addressing 0 tech, but more is needed. It would be interesting to know how Denver's staff grades Todd Davis, Josey Jewell, Alexander Johnson, Keishawn Bierria and Joe Jones as Inside Backer prospects for a two gap. The reads two gap Inside Backers must make when they read run are far more complicated than those in one gap. If they are considering an Inside Backer at #10, those are some of what they must consider.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

We don’t pass on White for Lock.
    I think White has as much "Bust Factor" risk as Lock does. I prefer to not trade up, but take Lock and sit him for a year vrs. draft White. If we draft ILB, which I admit is a huge need, I'd rather go Bush. I get why people are not in favor of Lock @ 10.....but, if we pass on QB....shouldn't we go for "proven" Blue Chip prospect ?

Iíd be happy with Lock or Haskins

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Assuming Fangio is switching Denver from a one gap to two gap D, 0 tech and Inside Backers to play that style are a priority. Re-signing Zach Kerr is a step in the right direction to addressing 0 tech, but more is needed. It would be interesting to know how Denver's staff grades Todd Davis, Josey Jewell, Alexander Johnson, Keishawn Bierria and Joe Jones as Inside Backer prospects for a two gap. The reads two gap Inside Backers must make when they read run are far more complicated than those in one gap. If they are considering an Inside Backer at #10, those are some of what they must consider.

I wonder if that means going with 'football IQ' over physical ability at the position? That, seems to me, would be good news for someone like Jewell but might knock someone like White out of consideration for us at the #10 spot.

The video I watched that broke down Devin White showed how he still reads plays like a running back {whiffs} and, has issues with proper technique for tackling. Sounds like Vic will pass.

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter01 View Post
    The video I watched that broke down Devin White showed how he still reads plays like a running back {whiffs} and, has issues with proper technique for tackling. Sounds like Vic will pass.
    Those are the same weaknesses I've heard about and seen. The thinking is that he can be coached up. I hope our staff is going over game film of the guy from several seasons, and I think we'll have to trust their decision if he's available when they pick.

I wonder if that means going with 'football IQ' over physical ability at the position? That, seems to me, would be good news for someone like Jewell but might knock someone like White out of consideration for us at the #10 spot.
    Why would someone say White doesnít have a high football IQ?

Top Backers in the Draft Pool will all have comparable physical ability. Question is in what style of defense did they play in college? Candidates to play Inside Backer in a two gap D must demonstrate to scouts and coaches that they have the capacity to study video, recognize plays and make the reads necessary to be in position to make a play. One gappers don't read much. Is it run? If so, defend my gap. That's about it. One gap is aggressive while two is read and react.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Why would someone say White doesn’t have a high football IQ?
    He changed over from RB to LB and it shows. His two biggest weaknesses are a lack of form tackling and a lack of consistency in reading his assignments correctly.