Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by conannilsen View Post
    Now is you keep everything the same as it is, all that means is Miller or Chubb join on the line on any given play. You get the 6 yard deep QB spy MLB and life will be glorious.
    Hopefully hes not a 4.9 guy.
    *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    So reading that article made me more confused. Are Harris and Kerr good for Fangio in a 4-3 under or no?
    If it's one gap, it's all good to go IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Hopefully hes not a 4.9 guy.
    *cough*
    Makes me think Devin White is our guy. Maybe even the team rumored to move up.

Gotsis Harris Suh Wolfe
    Miller White Chubb
    25 Parks Simmons 25.

Sweet.

Gotsis Harris Suh Wolfe
    Miller White Chubb
    25 Parks Simmons 25.

Sweet.
    I'd rather use a draft pick on a deep Defense draft to try to find talent in the middle, and I'd rather Suh fell off of a cliff because I'd hate to see him in a Bronco uniform.

Dream scenario would be White then Dexter Lawerance. Our D would be so nasty. Then best guard available.

Gotsis Harris Suh Wolfe
    Miller White Chubb
    25 Parks Simmons 25.

Sweet.
    I just asked Benjamin Allbright and he said no for Suh to Denver. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Dream scenario would be White then Dexter Lawerance. Our D would be so nasty. Then best guard available.
    I would be excited about that.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    If it's one gap, it's all good to go IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    I would be excited about that.
    This post also is related to the ed oliver thread, but wouldnt this information regarding fangios D, mean that Olivers skill set now is in play? And with wolfe and gotsis both coming up on FA soon that having him in the pipeline is important? I know we all want that decade long MLB and believe me i want to see Devin Bush to be in orange and blue. But don't we all remember the brownco days where finding a real stud at d line was next to impossible? We also wail on the fact that offensive coordinators have been able to neutralize our outside rush due to the lack of an inside presence. We bemoan the loss of Malik Jackson because we saw what his value was whem he was here. Oliver is 2x the prospect as jackson. With his skill set we would have another interchangeable chess piece.

Every year we hear about 1 or 2 Mlb that are the next big thing. But never have we seen a d lime group such as this. I think it would be a mistake to miss out on one of the top prospects in this once in a generation group just to satisfy our desire for a long term solution at mlb. 3 down penetrating d linemen are much harder to find than mlb.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskajoe View Post
    This post also is related to the ed oliver thread, but wouldnt this information regarding fangios D, mean that Olivers skill set now is in play? And with wolfe and gotsis both coming up on FA soon that having him in the pipeline is important? I know we all want that decade long MLB and believe me i want to see Devin Bush to be in orange and blue. But don't we all remember the brownco days where finding a real stud at d line was next to impossible? We also wail on the fact that offensive coordinators have been able to neutralize our outside rush due to the lack of an inside presence. We bemoan the loss of Malik Jackson because we saw what his value was whem he was here. Oliver is 2x the prospect as jackson. With his skill set we would have another interchangeable chess piece.

Every year we hear about 1 or 2 Mlb that are the next big thing. But never have we seen a d lime group such as this. I think it would be a mistake to miss out on one of the top prospects in this once in a generation group just to satisfy our desire for a long term solution at mlb. 3 down penetrating d linemen are much harder to find than mlb.
    Oliver Def looks like he could be a stud on the next level. My fear is that he will be way too small for a DT/NT in our 3-4 based D. He weighed in around 280-288. Hes a very lean guy that I believe needs a 4-3 D. Hes my one player that stock falls on draft day out of the top 10 and around 14-18 range.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Oliver Def looks like he could be a stud on the next level. My fear is that he will be way too small for a DT/NT in our 3-4 based D. He weighed in around 280-288. Hes a very lean guy that I believe needs a 4-3 D. Hes my one player that stock falls on draft day out of the top 10 and around 14-18 range.
    Check out the article sam posted from MHR. It shows that even though fangio appears to run a 2 gap 3-4 its really a 4-3 under. Basically its about the gap assignments amd where that 4th rusher comes from. As for Oliver being to light, i think he could stay at 287 as he gets older. Maybe even add another 5 or so. Nothing disrupts a 3 step drop or an RPO like a dlineman in a qbs lap.

Again, this could be coach speak, but Fangio says that neither White nor Bush are as good as Roquan Smith at this point in their career, and that it will take a long time for him to see them as good as him. Don't know if Fangio is playing the draft game, but he strikes me as a guy that says what he thinks. So maybe not ILB at 10.

Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Again, this could be coach speak, but Fangio says that neither White nor Bush are as good as Roquan Smith at this point in their career, and that it will take a long time for him to see them as good as him. Don't know if Fangio is playing the draft game, but he strikes me as a guy that says what he thinks. So maybe not ILB at 10.

So, with the trade for Flacco and Fangio's comments about Bush and White, we aren't looking for a QB or an ILB. Put some who Post on this Board on "Suicide Watch". Ha ha.

Maybe it opens things up for an Oliver, Jonah Williams, or Hockenson.

From today:

We still have a long way to go before the draft, but as things stand, it sounds as if QB, ILB,OL, DB are off the board....does that bring TE to the table ? I've read TE's do not contribute much in the first year...wouldn't mind the pick of Hockenson, would help Flacco and the line in one pick. My opinion, is the team is looking to trade back.

I think Jewell would be great at MLB EXCEPT for being a QB spy. We need O Line help more than anything, but Hockenson would be great, too, it's just that it seems we've taken a TE in the top 3-4 rounds in each of the last few drafts.

Some more depth in the secondary would be nice, too. But I'd love 2-3 O Lineman in the draft, a CB, another LB later. If we can get a good QB in mid round that would be nice too.