Based On What We Know....I Predict The Jags and 49ers To Surge

There are a number of teams on the rise, in my books. I can see a handful adding 4 or more wins to their results. The Broncos are possibly one of them. I definitely see The Browns gaining at least 4 victories, which would propel them into a division champ role for the first time in a very long time! As for increased victories, same goes for Oakland, as well as The NYJ, and perhaps The Cards, and The Pack. In some cases 4 victories will not get teams into the playoffs, but I am quite sure their fans will get a boost.

But there are 2 teams I feel confident will win more than 4 additional games this season.

The Jags - I still have to look at the final results to believe that they had but 5 victories last season! This after putting together a real run in '17/18, and this with an incredible D waiting for some O to happen. But I feel strongly that the ever cool Nick Foles will teach this team how to succeed. He's a proven commodity, and he has a big, strong RB to hand the ball to...if that player wants to be the player he can be.

They have made a few other acquisitions to help fix the team, but also remember, they are in possession of a very high draft pick, and can get some instant reward from the rookie(s) they choose.

OK....maybe not SB bound, but 10 wins is not out of the question.

The 49ers
    - San Fran was looking to be on a sharp incline, but then injuries happened. Losing Jimmy G was huge! But if he returns in good shape, I suspect he will be a quality QB this season. Not sure if McKinnon will be a factor, but they have added Tevin Coleman to the mix, a solid RB. I like that they continue to add to their D, with LBs Dee Ford and Alexander.

Like The Jags, they benefit by having an outstanding 1st rounder, who will likely start right away.

The Jaguars need to regroup. I don't really know what the deal was last season. I know Bortles was a huge 'meh' for them, but they seem to have more interpersonal problems more than anything. They were ALL talk - especially the defense, and they played very poorly.

Time will tell. Maybe Foles will provide some stability for the offense, and the defense can regain some of the swagger they had a few seasons back...

Jags have lost too much talent. I can see them being the same or worse despite the addition of Foles.

Niners will depend on the health of Jimmy G. But they should be better if he is healthy regardless of the extra acquisitions.

I donít really see the raiders taking steps forward at all. They traded for AB but havenít improved at all on defense. We will see how the draft goes but as of today Iím not scared of them. Too many holes.

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    The Jaguars need to regroup. I don't really know what the deal was last season. I know Bortles was a huge 'meh' for them, but they seem to have more interpersonal problems more than anything. They were ALL talk - especially the defense, and they played very poorly.

Time will tell. Maybe Foles will provide some stability for the offense, and the defense can regain some of the swagger they had a few seasons back...
    I have to agree, they seemed to implode on their own. And Fournette is a question mark, in spite of his talent. But I see Foles as a calming effect.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Jags have lost too much talent. I can see them being the same or worse despite the addition of Foles.

Niners will depend on the health of Jimmy G. But they should be better if he is healthy regardless of the extra acquisitions.

I donít really see the raiders taking steps forward at all. They traded for AB but havenít improved at all on defense. We will see how the draft goes but as of today Iím not scared of them. Too many holes.
    If Jimmy G is healthy, I like this team!!

As for The Raiders, they did acquire Joyner for their Dbackfield. But why I think they will improve on D, is because they have 4 great draft picks, and at least 2 go to D...possibly 3. Plus I trust in Mayock to bring some logic to their management group.