Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Noah Fant

Quote Originally Posted by conannilsen View Post
    Fant is a Julius Thomas. Not a strong blocker like Hockenson so I'd be shocked if we took him. Having Heuerman Butt and Fumagali make either TE seem implausible to me. Not a priority at all in comparison to G, OT, WR ILB and OLB in terms of need.
    Elway is in the win now mode, I think they solved the OT issue signing James and they aren't going to move on from Bolles yet.

The TEs you mentioned are the exact reason I see us going TE early (1st or 2nd). When have any of those guys done anything above average. And I love Jake Butt, but the the dude is never healthy. If he is, I'd consider it a bonus.

I'm curious how much of a Need ILB really is, they really liked Josey and he's naturally gonna make strides in year 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Diggs4 View Post
    Elway is in the win now mode, I think they solved the OT issue signing James and they aren't going to move on from Bolles yet.

The TEs you mentioned are the exact reason I see us going TE early (1st or 2nd). When have any of those guys done anything above average. And I love Jake Butt, but the the dude is never healthy. If he is, I'd consider it a bonus.

I'm curious how much of a Need ILB really is, they really liked Josey and he's naturally gonna make strides in year 2.
    I also like Okwegbunam, Mack and Nauta as later possibilities at TE. I love Jewell too, just not a fan of Davis, dont like the depth at ILB in the least. Did like Bierria as an OLB prospect, hope we works out in the middle too.

ILB has been weak since the days of Wilson. Couple years of Trev and Marshall good years too. Miss Woodyard a Ton. Worst non resign in years. I kinda hope for Tranquill to pair with Jewell going forward too actually. They'd make a fun pair. Feel Pratt would be like having John Mobley again.

Best Mock for myself...

Drew Lock
    Risner/Lindstrom/
    Pratt / Tranquill / Cashman
    Okwegbunam

Then address DT, WR, and Edge.

Irv Smith out of Alabama is a beast of a tight end, as well. The guy can catch, run and block. Line him up wide or put him next to a tackle. Might not be a bad 2nd round guy, though I could see the Pats picking him.

Quote Originally Posted by CheyennePress View Post
    Irv Smith out of Alabama is a beast of a tight end, as well. The guy can catch, run and block. Line him up wide or put him next to a tackle. Might not be a bad 2nd round guy, though I could see the Pats picking him.
    i see irv as a first roun d prospect so i would be thrilled to take him with our second.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Here's a decent video about Fant:

Noah Fant (to me) looks like what we'd expect if Demaryius Thomas was playing the TE position.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    i'd take hockenson at ten over fant with a minimal trade back
    Yeah- Hockenson or OL first
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Realistically, no. There is a growing group has tricked themselves into think so, however
    I don't think that 2 years of Flacco is unrealistic. If you're going to take a QB in the top 10 you have to start him. I don't think Denver is of that mindset. That being the case we need to get a player that helps us win now and take a Mid-Round QB like Rypien or Stidham that can be groomed for two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    i'd take hockenson at ten over fant with a minimal trade back
    Why is everyone so enamored with a guy who is a a good blocker and a solid receiver.??

Why is everyone so enamored with a guy who is a a good blocker and a solid receiver.??
    he has the tools. the things you look at verticle jump a 4.7 is fast enough when you are tall and can jump high. his size+jumping ability should translate to a short yard nightmare. and he blocks like an o-linemen. but if you compare his numbers to alot of the elite TEs they are simular. he can also jump pretty high which can usefull for a TE taking it will help him in Short Yardage and the redzone. he has the skills to be a 1000 yard or 10 TD TE. i feel like his upside is similar to that of Travis Kelse as a WR
    Last edited by Kyousukeneko; 03-31-2019 at 07:12 PM.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

I think it's his versatility. Being excellent at both blocking and receiving obviously benefits both the run game and the passing game. He's not the fastest TE, but still ran slightly better than Zach Ertz at the combine. Would love to have a new weapon like that.

Because Tight End is more than catching the ball. Hockenson destroys in the run game and would be like having another lineman out there paving the way for Lindsay and Freeman. Also calling him "solid" is disrespectful. He is the best TE prospect coming out in years.

Hockenson is very compatible to George Kittle, we need that in our lives.

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Hockenson is very compatible to George Kittle, we need that in our lives.
    George Kittle was a fifth round pick. O.J. Howard, Evan Ingram, David Njoku, Gerald Everett, Adam Shaheen, Jonnu Smith, Michael Roberts and Jake Butt were picked before him two years ago.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus