Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Which position is a better option and why

You can pick any position on the field . That said position plays for 10 years and is a top 5 player in his position . Now tell me the position you pick .

QB, easily. top 5 of his position means you always have a chance at playoffs or more
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    You can pick any position on the field . That said position plays for 10 years and is a top 5 player in his position . Now tell me the position you pick .
    if we take our team and put a QB in. we are contender for that time. so obviously QB

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

If not Qb. I would pick middle line backer.

kicker

QB First, OT 2nd, Edge 3rd, NT 4th, CB 5th

Let's look at New England for the answer. Clearly, the most important member of that Franchise has been the Equipment Manager.

Seriously, the question should have been posed as any team position OTHER THAN THE QB. Then you will get a lively debate between LT, CB, and Pass-Rusher.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Let's look at New England for the answer. Clearly, the most important member of that Franchise has been the Equipment Manager.

Seriously, the question should have been posed as any team position OTHER THAN THE QB. Then you will get a lively debate between LT, CB, and Pass-Rusher.
    Equipment manager ! Lol just spit out my drink 🤣

Outside of QB Id have to go with FS. An elite center fielding FS can do so much for a defense. They can eliminate mistakes by CBs by getting over and breaking up big plays or creating big plays themselves by getting INTs and they allow CBs to be aggressive on short routes. I think schematically they allow you to cover more space with your other players making it harder on the QB. Then the ability to come up and make plays in the run game, stopping those medium gains from turning into backbreaking runs, punching the ball out when a ball carrier gets stood up.

I believe in building a team inside out so I think Safeties, LBs, DTs, OGs, and Cs are more important than the edges in most cases.

Outside of a QB, I believe a sound foundation is key in any building project. Therefore I would like point to denver's O'line (when Elway was the QB) they were a unit in sync, did not talk to the media, never looked for a pat on the back. Proved what they could do on the field.
    Maybe a reason for all our Thousand yard running backs, altho many believe Shanny was a running back guru (This was not the case). A foundation that crumbles and all around it cal fall.

Obvious choice is QB, but if that one is not it, then I would go Middle Linebacker, when Al Wilson was running the show our defenses were spectacular, as soon as he got hurt, almost instate deflation in our d.
    GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!

QB on offense and ILB like a Kuechly or Bobby Wagner on defense

Either guy i want to change the culture of the side of the ball they play on.

I was never a fan of Peytons, when he came here I obviously became a fan, his play was awesome but what he did to the team by making everyone better and accountable was incredible. I never knew the magnitude until he left.

QB not even a contest. Vince Lombardi always said he thought football was the ultimate team sport but it held one fatal flaw: the QB was too important to a team's success.

A more interesting question is outside of a QB which position would you take in that scenario.

I think Edge Rusher possibly slightly over a MLB. One is designed to disrupt a QB, which holds a lot of importance in itself, the other is in the action of almost every play in some way.

Outside of QB give me Champ Bailey. Effectively covers half the field.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    kicker

Dadgum straight