• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brianmcfarlane
    Football Immortal
    • Dec 2012

College Hockey Anybody?

I guess I partly want to brag about my grandson. The Minnesota/Mankato St Mavericks are the NCHA Champions and my grandson got an assist on the winning OT goal. WOW, they were down 2-0 with like 5 minutes to go and win in OT.!
    They have won more games this season (31) than any NCAA hockey team since ... I don't remember
    They are a #1 seed going into the Frozen Four!

Correction... Mankato has not won 30+ games since 1980
    Last edited by brianmcfarlane; 03-24-2019, 09:34 AM.
    sigpic
  • Peanut
    ModNut
    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    I guess I partly want to brag about my grandson. The Minnesota/Mankato St Mavericks are the NCHA Champions and my grandson got an assist on the winning OT goal. WOW, they were down 2-0 with like 5 minutes to go and win in OT.!
    They have won more games this season (31) than any NCAA hockey team since ... I don't remember
    They are a #1 seed going into the Frozen Four!

Congrats to your grandson (and you )!
    Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• brianmcfarlane
      Football Immortal
      • Dec 2012

It looks like the Minnesota teams will dominate the 1 seeds in the national tournament ... St Cloud St, Minnesota st (Mankato), Minnesota Duluth and UMass are the #1 seeds.
      Minnesota Duluth won in double OT against St Cloud to win the NCHC Championship! Some tough teams in Minnesota. I expect that St Cloud and Mankato will be able to win the first round but even though Duluth is a good team they will have there hands full with Bowling Green.
      I am also a fan of the DU Pioneers, they are matched up against Ohio St. I was thinking it would be great if DU and Mankato played each other in the final but with the brackets the way they are they would meet in the semi-final at the highest.
      My grandson's team, Mankato will need to play very well to just it to the final.
      sigpic

Comment

• brianmcfarlane
        Football Immortal
        • Dec 2012

I was wrong ... St Cloud st loses to the last seed American International 2-1.
        DU gets by Ohio St yay

My grandson's team - Mankato - is scheduled tomorrow, somehow they drew the "short stick" playing Providence in Providence RI ... I thought the bracket rules did not allow a team to play at home in the first rounds? I guess since it is at Dunkin Donuts arena, it isn't Providence's home "ice" so apparently that makes it OK. Seems to me they did not have to have Providence in that region, oh well Mavericks will take care of them anyway ... I hope.
        sigpic

Comment

• brianmcfarlane
          Football Immortal
          • Dec 2012

Oh well, Mankato lost - I didn't know that they have never won in the NCAA tournament. I was hoping my grandson's team could be part of the first team to do it this season.

GO DU!
          sigpic

Comment

• Peanut
            ModNut
            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
            Oh well, Mankato lost - I didn't know that they have never won in the NCAA tournament. I was hoping my grandson's team could be part of the first team to do it this season.

GO DU!
            That would have been awesome. Good for them to have done so well, though.
            Last edited by Peanut; 03-30-2019, 06:28 PM.
            Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Working...
            X