Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    now all they have to do is do away with the spot foul concept and make it 15 yards and 1st down.
    Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    So rather than give you an 80 yd touchdown, I can just foul you and you will get a 15 yd play. ABSOLUTELY NOT. Makes no sense. That is penalizing the non fouling team rather than the fouling team. CBs will be doing it left and right and I don't want to watch this brand of football. Liable to lessen the amount of long passes when many of them will only net you 15 yds and they are getting your best receivers mugged on a regular basis.

Although, I bet Roby would love it
    Fully agree with FL here. If it becomes a 15 yard penalty players will just tackle receivers before the ball is there whenever they're beat deep. Why not? It's only 15 yards, not a long penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Every time I see that non call in New Orleans, and I CAN NOT believe the red flags stayed in the pockets!!! It looks as bad or worse now. I know some folks may see it otherwise, but that missed call, in itself, resulted in the new rule decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Last year, they couldn't challenge non-calls.

Unless you have the wrong color flag.

It was inside two minutes so neither team could challenge anyways. But throwing that out the window, the only challenge possible on the play would have been if they threw the flag. Then the Rams could have challenged that the ball was tipped at the line, and no pass interference could take place after the tip. I don't think it was tipped but that was one of the excuses that was used at the time.

So I'm glad they've made it where both teams can challenge the play.

Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    So rather than give you an 80 yd touchdown, I can just foul you and you will get a 15 yd play. ABSOLUTELY NOT. Makes no sense. That is penalizing the non fouling team rather than the fouling team. CBs will be doing it left and right and I don't want to watch this brand of football. Liable to lessen the amount of long passes when many of them will only net you 15 yds and they are getting your best receivers mugged on a regular basis.

Although, I bet Roby would love it
    Itís not like coaches want to give up 15 yards for free.

College doesnít do a spot foul on PI and there isnít, to my knowledge, an insane amount of PI calls.

Your argument doesnít really stand up.

They should at least give the 15 yard penalty a one year trial.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    It was inside two minutes so neither team could challenge anyways. But throwing that out the window, the only challenge possible on the play would have been if they threw the flag. Then the Rams could have challenged that the ball was tipped at the line, and no pass interference could take place after the tip. I don't think it was tipped but that was one of the excuses that was used at the time.

So I'm glad they've made it where both teams can challenge the play.
    Agreed!!

I am quite sure that few if any of us want more flags, more time outs, lengthier games......what many of us want is to get the call right, especially when most of the world watching it can see it! And yes, if it is a potentially game-changing situation that did not have to happen. Like I've mentioned, an offside call in the 1st Q of the 1st game of the season might not matter....but a blatant miss-call, with the game on the line, needs to be corrected, especially when the league has the tools to do it.

One more thing....you might not have seen, but I said red flag when I meant yellow flag. That was a slight of mind on my part! I have a lot of those "slights of mind"!!!