QB Clayton Thorson, Stokley predicts he値l go in the 2nd

Has anyone listened to Brandon Stokley/Zach Bye show today?

Stokley is predicting that Clayton Thornson will be a second round pick and eventually blossom into a top NFL QB In the not to distant future.

He also goes on to say that a very very close friend of his that knows Quarter back play is very high on Thorson and has stated that he壇 take Thorson if it was up to him.

Hmm? Who could Stokley possibly be quoting? Which very very close friend knows anything about QB play? 🤔

Anyway what do you guys think of Clayton Thorson? Is he really a second rounder or is this just some crazy John Gruden love affair type hype?

Remember Mike Shanahan and Bill Walsh both thought Brian Griese would eventually blossom into a star. Just saying.
    Bradley Chubb has an Aaron Donald type ability to disrupt and wreck games!

UDFA candidate.

There was some hype about him being a potential first round pick I think last season or the season before. I think he痴 got everything you need physically, just needs to clean up his mechanics a bit and work on the mental side of things. I do think he痴 studied a lot of Peyton Manning though from what I致e seen of him.

He's a 2nd-3rd rounder for sure. Just one part of a very deep QB class.

Highly doubt it, I see his ceiling as a 4th round pick, and that is if a team falls in love with him. I have been saying for months that the talk of all these quarterbacks going really high would fade, and they would eventually fall where their talent places them, I think we are seeing that happen now.

No longer is Daniel Jones really being talked about as an elite quarterback prospect, the Will Greir hype has completely fallen off and rightfully so, the Ryan Finleys and Brett Rypiens of the world are being predicted to go in those middle rounds where they probably should, and now the 3rd tier of quarterback prospects, the 4th rounders and beyond, the Clayton Thorsons, the Jarrett Stidhams, the Tyree Jacksons, they will all be after thoughts for teams in need of starting quarterbacks come draft time. This draft is stocked with a bunch of mediocre to decent prospects, and if you're looking for a potential backup quarterback, this is your year in my opinion.

So much of Quarterbacking is processing a lot of information quickly and making excellent decisions consistently.

It's so tough to know that for sure until the bullets start flying. I think we should still take a QB in this draft but not waste a high pick on one. Look for a guy who can be a solid backup right away and then possibly show those traits to become a starter down the line. Gardner Minshew is a guy I really like this year who could fit that mold.

As far as Thorson,if someone is spending a 2nd rounder on him that means they think he will be expected to be a starter at some point. I don't know if he possesses anything that would suggest this is definitely the case aside from the traits I listed above which are hard to discern until he's given a shot, so I don't know how you separate him from the other mid-late round possibilities.

Bigger Trevor Siemien. Not elite in any category. Could be a good NFL backup QB.

Thorson in the second is a reach. Straight up. I'd rather get Jarrett Stidham or Daniel Jones in the 2nd.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Thorson in the second is a reach. Straight up. I'd rather get Jarrett Stidham or Daniel Jones in the 2nd.
    I too like Stidham

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    I'm with ya on that