Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Dwayne Haskins (Merged)

In a new mock draft on NFL.com, they have Haskins going 10..... I'm curious of others thoughts. I'm not sure with him....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...s-land-haskins

If we are looking to win now we need a plug and play guy like White, Bush, Hockenson or Jonah Williams ( play him at guard).
    If Scangerello sees a guy who is a perfect fit then fine but I believe QBs are taken out of desperation and not canít miss talent. If the guy fits your system well like Mahomes did KC take him or move up and get him. Donít draft a guy just to draft somebody like we did with Lynch or the Cards did with Rosen.

I would like Haskins. I like Lock more, but they're both on my short list of preffered 1st round selections!

Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    Heís a one year starter, so I would be hesitant.

Same with Murray.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.

If Haskins somehow falls to 10 I would sprint to the podium to take him.

He's a one year starter, but everything I've seen and heard about him is that he is a hard worker that is willing to put in the time and effort to grow. That's something Lynch had very little of and was ultimately his downfall. If Haskins is there at 10, I would pick him.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

If AZ trades Rosen to Giants and drafts Murray, then DEN is in a sweet spot. Trade up or down, take a QB, or watch another stud prospect fall.

Gonna be fascinating to see how things break and develop.

Not sure we could pass on haskins at 10... we may even trade up if he falls outside top 5...

He is only a 1 yr wonder which bothers me a lot at 10. There are 2 qbs and a few other players ahead of him I would rather have, and if they were all off the board, I would try and trade back first. But, if the FO thought that much of him, I could definitely get behind the move. You wouldn't have to twist my arm far.
    Last edited by FL BRONCO; 03-27-2019 at 06:00 PM.
    ďNever argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.Ē

― Mark Twain

Look at the various Draft sites "Big Boards" that comparatively measures the athletic ability of the various players without regard to position. Notwithstanding the fact that QB is the most important position on the field, and whatever the needs of the various teams might be, Haskins is typically picked as a Top 10 talent while Drew Lock is somewhere in the 20s.

http://www.drafttek.com/Top-100-NFL-...pects-2019.asp

Of course an argument can be made about Haskins lack of "Starting" time, but one should also take into account the level of success. Ohio State lost one game last season. Plus, 50 TDs and 8 Int.s.

If Elway Drafts either QB, they will have my support. And if it happens, I'm sure it will be quite exciting to watch what either can do.

I just read on ESPN that the Giants are unlikely to draft Haskins at #6, which is somewhat surprising considering how often he's been rumored to be their guy. Could Denver trade with the G men to get Haskins? If we did the cost wouldn't be astronomical.

http://www.espn.co.uk/blog/new-york/...seems-unlikely

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    I just read on ESPN that the Giants are unlikely to draft Haskins at #6, which is somewhat surprising considering how often he's been rumored to be their guy. Could Denver trade with the G men to get Haskins? If we did the cost wouldn't be astronomical.

It could also be posturing on their end.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post

If we took him at 10, I could warm to the idea and get behind it quickly. But I do not want to trade up for anyone in this drat. I want a repeat of last year and lets add quality players across the board and not give up our ability to do so. No one in this draft strikes me as worth it.
    ďNever argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.Ē

― Mark Twain

Iíd love me some Haskins.

Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    If we took him at 10, I could warm to the idea and get behind it quickly. But I do not want to trade up for anyone in this drat. I want a repeat of last year and lets add quality players across the board and not give up our ability to do so. No one in this draft strikes me as worth it.
    We still need that QB and heís got the brains and physical talents. At this point in time I think he falls to 10 And thatís why I believe itís better that Elway takes the wait-and-see approach.

I want sunshine in 2021. Hopefully Flacco allows us to Load Up for that year