Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangecrush21 View Post
    I get the feeling that Haskins has one of the lowest ceilings of any QB in the entire draft. Like he can play day 1 but he will never look like a top 10 Qb
    Haskins is a one year starter who put up good tape, was more consistent than any other quarterback in this class, and has the arm talent to be elite. For a guy who doesn't have much experience, and constantly has his lack of experience used as a negative point against him , I tend to think the opposite to you here.

To be as mature of a quarterback as he was in year 1 starting, accomplishing what he accomplished at Ohio State, I would say he has more room for growth than say a Drew Lock, who has been consistently inconsistent in his much larger body of work.

If we are charting there progress against each other at this point of their respective careers, Lock is on a much slower incline of improvement than Haskins is in his short time playing.

Haskins might be the next Jamison with the Interceptions or off Field drama and Jamison can sling it ..

With NFL QBs, it's not about having a rocket arm... it's about having an accurate arm.

It is wholly unrealistic to expect an NFL offense to consistently resort to the deep ball on each possession to muster offensive rhythm and scoring.

Big plays are nice, but how often do they happen? If there is anything our offense has lacked over the past 5 years, it has been offensive rhythm and generating first downs to get into the redzone and score touchdowns.

Give me a Tom Brady-type QB that makes the smart, easy throws that gain first downs and extend drives to tire out the opposing defense. A Jay Cutler, home-run type of player will give us just as many big plays... BUT with many more costly turnovers. If we have learned anything from the Siemian-Lynch-Keenum era, it is that turnovers can knock us out of the game early. We throw an early interception or two against KC and before we know it Mahomes & Co. are up 21-0 before halftime. I don't care how good our defense is under Fangio.
    2014 Adopt-A-Bronco: #43 T.J. WARD & #38 QUINTON CARTER
    2013 Adopt-A-Bronco: #25 CHRIS HARRIS

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Lies, he has a very good arm....secondly what makes his skills as a pocket passer limited please do tell.?
    Like I said. He lacks elite arm talent. It's good but not great. His pre snap diagnosis is good but not great. Same with his reading defenses. He doesnt excel in any particular area that another prospect doesnt excel more at

I herd that there is a chance Haskins is the 4th Qb off the board and his status as the no. 1 or 2 qb in this draft could be mostly media hype

I herd that there is a chance Haskins is the 4th Qb off the board and his status as the no. 1 or 2 qb in this draft could be mostly media hype
    I've been saying for a long time that NFL teams are higher on lock and Jones than the fans are. I think they are the first two QBs selected.

Lock and Jones will go top 10, then Murray and Haskins in the teens/twenties. I'd say Haskins before Murray, but it's a toss up between the one-year starters. Murray's athleticism could push him to QB3.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    I've been saying for a long time that NFL teams are higher on lock and Jones than the fans are. I think they are the first two QBs selected.

Lock and Jones will go top 10, then Murray and Haskins in the teens/twenties. I'd say Haskins before Murray, but it's a toss up between the one-year starters. Murray's athleticism could push him to QB3.
    I'd say there is an ok chance Jones is taken before Haskins but Murray will be 1st or 2nd. And Idont think Jones will go top 10 unless there is a crazy run on QBs early

If the Cardinals dont take Murray Its very possible he slips to the teens

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    If the Cardinals dont take Murray Its very possible he slips to the teens
    I'm still hoping the raiders trade a huge haul to get him

Like I said. He lacks elite arm talent. It's good but not great. His pre snap diagnosis is good but not great. Same with his reading defenses. He doesnt excel in any particular area that another prospect doesnt excel more at
    But as a one year starter this should be encouraging. Hes starting his development from a higher floor than the other QBs. And with us trotting out 3 very young WRs, probably more after the draft, we could see more college concepts like what he ran at OSU where his receivers just have to run fast and create YAC.

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    Haskins might be the next Jamison with the Interceptions or off Field drama and Jamison can sling it ..
    Lock can be the next Geff geroge with just having a big arm and couldn't hit the floor getting outta bed.

Ha and lock doess?? Very laughable.

That means lock will be the 5th then.

Very well could be the 5th pick

I dont really understand your dislike of Lock. Hes physically gifted and has shown an ability to improve each year with new offensive schemes thrown in as well. Hes very clearly the best Qb on the board if a team wants a Qb that started multiple years and is probably no1 on a lot of Qb draft boards for GMs