Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangecrush21 View Post
    There is a reason Ohio St. QBs keep getting drafted and there is a reason most flip. The system is Qb friendly and the talent playing around you vs against you is favorable most of the season. I'll pass and take Lock first any day
    I'm not a fan of not drafting and quarterback just because they went to a certain school. There have been plenty of schools USC? That have produced supposed great talent but never produce on the NFL level. Every kid is different I think lock will break the mold for Missouri and I think Haskins will break the mold for Ohio State. Between the two, I like lock more because of his athleticism

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by montee2ball View Post
    As do Missouri QBs. Everyone one has their preference at QB. Iíll take Haskins any Sunday over Lock. Most mocks if not every had Haskins over Lock. I wonder why.
    Missouri does not turn out QBs like Ohio St. There are 2 in like the last 15 years. People like Haskins because he will take less time to develop already having a fairly clean game.

Missouri does not turn out QBs like Ohio St. There are 2 in like the last 15 years. People like Haskins because he will take less time to develop already having a fairly clean game.
    Bingo. Thatís why people would rather have a QB that has a cleaner game than a QB with inaccuracies. Lock has started over the last 3 years and his inaccuracies and placement are still there.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I'm not a fan of not drafting and quarterback just because they went to a certain school. There have been plenty of schools USC? That have produced supposed great talent but never produce on the NFL level. Every kid is different I think lock will break the mold for Missouri and I think Haskins will break the mold for Ohio State. Between the two, I like lock more because of his athleticism
    Well said. Last year one of the arguments against Mayfield was "well, Oklahoma QBs are always terrible". Hilarious

I think Haskins is going to require more development than Lock.

People really underestimate the value of having 4 years of experience in different offenses.

Many, many QBs have had a single great year in college. To call a one year starter a safe bet is foolhardy at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    In a new mock draft on NFL.com, they have Haskins going 10..... I'm curious of others thoughts. I'm not sure with him....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...s-land-haskins
    This may just be my hatred for that school but has there ever been an NFL Starting QB from there that was good enough to be a QB for more than a season or two?
    GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    I just read on ESPN that the Giants are unlikely to draft Haskins at #6, which is somewhat surprising considering how often he's been rumored to be their guy. Could Denver trade with the G men to get Haskins? If we did the cost wouldn't be astronomical.

http://www.espn.co.uk/blog/new-york/...seems-unlikely
    That makes some sense if The Giants like Jones enough to pick him with their 2nd first round selection. That way they can go big time on one of the stud Edge players in this draft, with the #6 selection. It makes a load of sense. They too could be in the Rosen storyline....which may not be determined until Draft Day.

As for Haskins, if The Giants do not draft him, there might be a rush to trade up, for Lock and Haskins. Even Oakland might be in on the QB competition.

Based on what I am hearing of late, I think Lock's stock is rising.

Quote Originally Posted by duhyaj View Post
    This may just be my hatred for that school but has there ever been an NFL Starting QB from there that was good enough to be a QB for more than a season or two?
    The argument against drafting a QB from a certain school is utterly illogical.

If Michigan is so great because they once had Tom Brady, I suppose Chad Henne and Denard Robinson were also supposed to be Hall of Fame NFL QBs.

If Tennessee is so great because they churned out Peyton Manning, then I guess Nathan Peterman and Josh Dobbs are the next franchise saviors of their respective teams.

Look at the top 10 NFL QBs from last season, NONE of them came from the same school.

There is no trend that suggests a QBs success when it comes to their university.

If you talked about the Urban Meyer system, on the other hand, there may be some argument there. BUT Meyer has never coached a QB with the skillset and traits that Dwayne Haskins has.

Quote Originally Posted by duhyaj View Post
    Mike Tomczak had some good games!! LOL

We can't use history of the school on one kid. Oklahoma never really did either until Mayfield. Texas Tech never really did until Mahomes. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    The argument against drafting a QB from a certain school is utterly illogical.

If Michigan is so great because they once had Tom Brady, I suppose Chad Henne and Denard Robinson were also supposed to be Hall of Fame NFL QBs.

If Tennessee is so great because they churned out Peyton Manning, then I guess Nathan Peterman and Josh Dobbs are the next franchise saviors of their respective teams.

Look at the top 10 NFL QBs from last season, NONE of them came from the same school.

There is no trend that suggests a QBs success when it comes to their university.

If you talked about the Urban Meyer system, on the other hand, there may be some argument there. BUT Meyer has never coached a QB with the skillset and traits that Dwayne Haskins has.
    Well there must be some merit to it as there has NEVER been a QB from That school that has played in the league successfully, that I can see. It could be a number of things, it could be the system, it could be that they play only two or three good teams a year and often lose at least one of those games each year, and then they beat up on garbage teams which makes their players look better than they are, or it could just be horrible luck and you could be right it had nothing to do with the schools themselves, but your examples of Michigan and Tennessee are flawed as they both have had multiple starter quality QBs in the NFL over their illustrious lifetimes.
    GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    Mike Tomczak had some good games!! LOL

We can't use history of the school on one kid. Oklahoma never really did either until Mayfield. Texas Tech never really did until Mahomes. Time will tell.
    lol you said Mike Tomczak lol... yeah I am not saying that it is never possible, but it does seem that there is a trend that they do not perform at the next level for some reason. I would say I have less faith in this guy because he his from there and only has one season under his belt. and lets face it the BIG 10 is not near what it used to be competition wise for the top 3 teams versus the rest of the scrubs in the conference. Even my beloved Spartans pretty much sucked the last couple years...
    GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    I think Haskins is going to require more development than Lock.

People really underestimate the value of having 4 years of experience in different offenses.

Many, many QBs have had a single great year in college. To call a one year starter a safe bet is foolhardy at best.
    Yeah you would think that four years would have helped that accuracy. But I guess not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Yeah you would think that four years would have helped that accuracy. But I guess not.
    Considering his accuracy numbers went up each year...

Maybe if he had blue chips catching his passes like QBs at Ohio St, Oklahoma, Alabama and Georgia, his numbers would have been better?

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Yeah I agree that the university doesnít make the QB. This argument is only applied to QBs for whatever reason. Could you imagine if GMs had that same mindset for other positions? Guys like Brian Urlacher, Marshall Faulk, etc would never get a chance in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by montee2ball View Post
    Bingo. Thatís why people would rather have a QB that has a cleaner game than a QB with inaccuracies. Lock has started over the last 3 years and his inaccuracies and placement are still there.
    Locks problems are mostly his footwork, his tendency do go backwards under pressure and throwing off of his back foot when on the run. If he can fish those issues, he will be the best Qb from this draft, I have no doubt in my mind and I think Scangrello is the perfect man to fish those issues