Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootleg View Post
    Von said that out of the players the Broncos have brought in for visits, the three he liked the most and thinks would fit in the best are Devin White, Dwayne Haskins and Quinnen Williams.
    I would agree with Von. Too bad all 3 of these guys may be gone by the time we pick.

If we are to get one of these top players that’s deemed that “unreachable” we needs someone in the top 5 to select someone that wasn’t expected. Or if Cards selected someone other than Murray to mix the board up. In someone’s mock they had Ed Oliver going in the top 4 which would push everyone else back.

Last year I don’t think anyone, including me, thought Baker was going first overall. Until chatter literally days before the draft came out but even then I wasn’t 100% sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    If we are to get one of these top players that’s deemed that “unreachable” we needs someone in the top 5 to select someone that wasn’t expected. Or if Cards selected someone other than Murray to mix the board up. In someone’s mock they had Ed Oliver going in the top 4 which would push everyone else back.

Last year I don’t think anyone, including me, thought Baker was going first overall. Until chatter literally days before the draft came out but even then I wasn’t 100% sold.
    Good post! I thought draft day Baker was going #1 but not until then. I was shocked we had a chance to draft Bradley Chubb. I think Ed Oliver might be around at #10. I think Dwayne Haskins may not be around though. I don't see a scenario where Murray, Bosa, Q Williams, Allen, Haskins, and Devin White aren't taken before #10. If Murray doesn't go #1 then someone off this list might fall lower.

Quote Originally Posted by WYBRONCO View Post
    Good post! I thought draft day Baker was going #1 but not until then. I was shocked we had a chance to draft Bradley Chubb. I think Ed Oliver might be around at #10. I think Dwayne Haskins may not be around though. I don't see a scenario where Murray, Bosa, Q Williams, Allen, Haskins, and Devin White aren't taken before #10. If Murray doesn't go #1 then someone off this list might fall lower.
    What we need is one of the top players to drop to Tampa that they thought they wouldn’t get. Potentially pushing White back.

To those worried about his mobility in the pocket... 0:40

To those worried about his deep ball and touch... 2:38

1) I get it, they are playing Northwestern. BUT this was the Big Ten Championship Game.
    2) NW often rushed only 3 defenders. BUT this shows Haskins' ability to dissect a coverage-heavy defense.
    3) I get these are highlights. BUT this game in particular addresses the media's perceived weaknesses of Haskins.
    2014 Adopt-A-Bronco: #43 T.J. WARD & #38 QUINTON CARTER
    2013 Adopt-A-Bronco: #25 CHRIS HARRIS

Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post

To those worried about his mobility in the pocket... 0:40

To those worried about his deep ball and touch... 2:38

1) I get it, they are playing Northwestern. BUT this was the Big Ten Championship Game.
    2) NW often rushed only 3 defenders. BUT this shows Haskins' ability to dissect a coverage-heavy defense.
    3) I get these are highlights. BUT this game in particular addresses the media's perceived weaknesses of Haskins.
    He torched Michigan too (one of the alleged top D's in the Nation) and performed all year. I would love Haskins in round 1, and Paris Campbell in round 2.

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    He torched Michigan too (one of the alleged top D's in the Nation) and performed all year. I would love Haskins in round 1, and Paris Campbell in round 2.
    Tebow performed at a high level for 3 years as the starter of Florida and still flopped. Just because someone has a solid year doesn’t mean they can’t flop.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Tebow performed at a high level for 3 years as the starter of Florida and still flopped. Just because someone has a solid year doesn’t mean they can’t flop.
    This is a false equivalency. Tebow always struggled to throw, especially from the pocket. He was a FB/TE playing in an option system that no one used in the NFL. The fact that a non-running QB like Haskins put up record numbers in a system that didn't fit him is even more impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangecrush21 View Post
    His low ceiling has nothing to do with not being mobile. His tools as a pocket passer are limited. His arm is good but not great etc.
    Can you clarify how and why he is lacking tools as a pocket passer? I've watched every snap of his season, same with Tua and Murray. He's by FAR the best pocket passer in this or next draft. He broke the B1G10 single-season record for yards and TDs in his first year as a starter. He did this with protection packages that were designed for fast running QBs like JT Barrett and Braxton Miller. He's the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangecrush21 View Post
    Like I said. He lacks elite arm talent. It's good but not great. His pre snap diagnosis is good but not great. Same with his reading defenses. He doesnt excel in any particular area that another prospect doesnt excel more at
    I have no idea where you're getting your info from. Haskins is extremely accurate!

-He had 50TDs to 8 ints!
    -His 70% competition percentage was higher than Tua or Murray and he threw over 100 more passes than either player!
    -His QBR was 174.1
    -He put up 6TDs vs. the #1 defense in the nation, and shredded them so bad they finished rank #2 in total defense because of it!

Just stop, you do not know what you're talking about,.

That was Penn sts entire game plan. To get to him early and often after one of the defenders said Haskins doesn’t like to get hit.

And it worked like gold for 55 minutes. But to Haskins credit he never gave up and was untouchable in the clutch with those back to back scoring drives to end the game and win.
    Cite the source... He never had a passer rating that low. He finished with a 174.1 QBR.

FWIW the coaches failed to adjust protection packages until the last 3rd of the season. The read-option with RPOs that are good for running QBs like Braxton Miller and JT Barrett was not optimal for Haskins. They ended up putting a TE back as a block FB since teams were crowding the LOS and not respecting the QB run. He still excelled due to this huge flaw. He also played behind arguably the worst O-line in the last 20 years at tOSU.

Playing at tOSU comes with the weight of expectations as high as any NFL team. He more than rose to the occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Bronco View Post
    I have no idea where you're getting your info from. Haskins is extremely accurate!

-He had 50TDs to 8 ints!
    -His 70% competition percentage was higher than Tua or Murray and he threw over 100 more passes than either player!
    -His QBR was 174.1
    -He put up 6TDs vs. the #1 defense in the nation, and shredded them so bad they finished rank #2 in total defense because of it!

Just stop, you do not know what you're talking about,.
    He just talking. I haven't seen one "true analysis" say nothing but he has a damn good arm...some even said cannon.

I would be good with Haskins. I just get a real good vibe seeing him play.
    I believe him to be the best QB in the draft.

Tebow wasn't a passing qb and just about everyone besides McDaniels knew that.

The consensus is that Haskins would look great in a west coast offense. If we are committing to Scangarello for at least a few years, now is the perfect time for a rookie QB.

Haskins would get to the team with the new offensive coordinator and the pressure would be off him because we have Flacco. Haskins can study the playbook and be ready to take over late this year or next year.