Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 248
  1. #211
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    13,998
    Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    I understand I just do think that Joe Flacco could be Denver Next Great QB in lien with what PFM did for us for 3 Years I see that Same Thing Playing out I hope that is Joe comes in Lights it up takes Denver to the Playoffs this Year and once Denver gets in Von Miller's will and desire to win another SB just might come into focus and then what do you do with Joe if he does lead us to another Super Bowl Victory ! You keep him for another year and see if the Team can Repeat that Over and Over untill he retires which I can see for Joe to be about 37 so that equates to 3 more Good Years to be had with Joe so if you do draft a QB at number 10 you will be inclines to sit him for a Year or 2 or 3 Truth be Told sometimes sitting a QB for a Few Years helps with Development just like Aaron Rodgers sat for 3 years. I just do not think that Denver will draft a QB at Number 10 to Sit for a few years However I could be wrong and I have no shame in admitting that I will be eating crow I will let you know after Thursday lol . I do hope that Denver drafts good this year just like last year and if they get Haskins or Lock I will be just as happy with that pick as well or if they drafted White or TJ I am just super excited as Fan for this upcoming Draft and this Upcoming Season. I do not know if you have had had a chance to catch any of Vic's pressers yet however that are truly refreshing it is so great to hear a real coach speak this Team is going to be the real deal you can Book that for sure ! Go Denver Broncos DB4L !!
    I don't think Flacco is a bad QB, but I don't see him anywhere near Manning. Not a knock on him, because Manning provided Denver with 2.5 years of QB play that is possibly unrivalled in NFL history. My biggest issue with Flacco is that I see him in the same way I thought of Jake Plummer, a decent QB, but he's not going to be the reason you win very often. And unless everything else goes right and you limit what you ask of him (like Plummer in 2005) I think you end up in that mediocre to decent band. Not good enough to compete for championships, not bad enough to get high picks to stock up.

  2. #212
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    13,998
    Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Who cares if elwat wants to win now dont mean we have the team to. Please someone show me where this team is at where some seem to think we are gonna be competing for anything thing. If Elway really feels that then I can't wait to get a new GM, for the "New" age NFL. Elway will have to go period bc we are 2 years away from competing imo.

    While I disagree with much of your sentiment, I will add this to what you say, the coaching staff's job is to figure out how to take what is there and compete/win now. The front office's job is to stock the team so it's good going forward. Elway can't draft just to win now, he has to draft to win 3 years from now. From that aspect I agree with you that you can't draft to win now, especially with 11 total wins the last two years.

  3. #213
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    13,998
    Quote Originally Posted by jflee66 View Post
    Considering the schedule, IMO it would be better to let JF do his thing for better or worse. He is an experienced QB and has been there done that in the playoffs. If he takes us to the post season then a few more good years are possible and if he plays like CK then we will be in position for a QB next year. But drafting a QB early this year seems like a waste with all the great talent at other positions that are going to be there for the taking.

    It's impossible to look at the schedule now and try to decide what is going to happen from it. Because we'd be going strictly off of what happened in the past. But some teams are going to get better, some teams are going to get worse, and some teams will just end up being bad matchups for the styles Denver will be playing.

    Spend the draft building to win 2-3 years from now, let the coaching staff take what you give them and try to figure out how to win now.

  4. #214
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Jack Del Rio-ville, FL
    Posts
    2,256
    2014 Adopt-A-Bronco: #43 T.J. WARD & #38 QUINTON CARTER
    2013 Adopt-A-Bronco: #25 CHRIS HARRIS

  5. #215
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Section 120 Row 26
    Posts
    2,791
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I don't think Flacco is a bad QB, but I don't see him anywhere near Manning. Not a knock on him, because Manning provided Denver with 2.5 years of QB play that is possibly unrivalled in NFL history. My biggest issue with Flacco is that I see him in the same way I thought of Jake Plummer, a decent QB, but he's not going to be the reason you win very often. And unless everything else goes right and you limit what you ask of him (like Plummer in 2005) I think you end up in that mediocre to decent band. Not good enough to compete for championships, not bad enough to get high picks to stock up.
    Joe Flacco's ceiling is an average QB. His floor is one of the worst starting QBs in the NFL ala 2018 Keenum. It blows my mind that people think he is the answer at QB.

    Check out his career QBR numbers:

    2018 - Rank 18 - QBR 57.3
    2017 - Rank 23 - QBR 46.7
    2016 - Rank 19 - QBR 52.5
    2015 - Rank 25 - QBR 50.8
    2014 - Rank 08 - QBR 68.6
    2013 - Rank 22 - QBR 48.0
    2012 - Rank 17 - QBR 51.4
    2011 - Rank 11 - QBR 63.7
    2010 - Rank 12 - QBR 59.1
    2009 - Rank 15 - QBR 58.5
    2008 - Rank 23 - QBR 47.1

    http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats...252/joe-flacco

  6. #216
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    194
    ESPN reporting that Redskins are possibly trying to trade up into the top 5 for Haskins.

  7. #217
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ozarks
    Posts
    12,751
    Quote Originally Posted by sra84 View Post
    ESPN reporting that Redskins are possibly trying to trade up into the top 5 for Haskins.
    I hope so that would be awesome
    “Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

    ― Mark Twain



  8. #218
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    10,031
    Quote Originally Posted by sra84 View Post
    ESPN reporting that Redskins are possibly trying to trade up into the top 5 for Haskins.
    That’s great news.

  9. #219
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,595
    Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    I hope so that would be awesome
    I hope we skip lock, Devon is gone and hock will be gone too before we pick. That would be great.

  10. #220
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,595
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillez View Post
    That’s great news.
    I hope it's a smoke screen and they grab lock I would be stoked

  11. #221
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ozarks
    Posts
    12,751
    Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    I hope we skip lock, Devon is gone and hock will be gone too before we pick. That would be great.
    Too each their own, if we take Murray I will be impressed with your pick, I will even send you an Ingle Martin Jersey to go with your Murray one since in a couple of years they will probably be worth about the same.


    We shall see what happens tomorrow, Gotta love this time of year.

    “Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

    ― Mark Twain



  12. #222
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    13,998
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoStampede View Post
    Joe Flacco's ceiling is an average QB. His floor is one of the worst starting QBs in the NFL ala 2018 Keenum. It blows my mind that people think he is the answer at QB.

    Check out his career QBR numbers:

    2018 - Rank 18 - QBR 57.3
    2017 - Rank 23 - QBR 46.7
    2016 - Rank 19 - QBR 52.5
    2015 - Rank 25 - QBR 50.8
    2014 - Rank 08 - QBR 68.6
    2013 - Rank 22 - QBR 48.0
    2012 - Rank 17 - QBR 51.4
    2011 - Rank 11 - QBR 63.7
    2010 - Rank 12 - QBR 59.1
    2009 - Rank 15 - QBR 58.5
    2008 - Rank 23 - QBR 47.1

    http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats...252/joe-flacco
    So my Jake Plummer comparison is spot on then? Cause that's pretty much what Plummer was.

  13. #223
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Section 120 Row 26
    Posts
    2,791
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    So my Jake Plummer comparison is spot on then? Cause that's pretty much what Plummer was.
    Not really spot on, because Jake Plummer played before the PFM year 0. It was a different era, and actually so long ago that QBR didn't even exist back then. If you have some data that supports your claim, I will take a look at it if you post it.

  14. #224
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    13,998
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoStampede View Post
    Not really spot on, because Jake Plummer played before the PFM year 0. It was a different era, and actually so long ago that QBR didn't even exist back then. If you have some data that supports your claim, I will take a look at it if you post it.
    Jake Plummer was the epitome of average at best. From week to week he had the ability to go from an average QB to the worst QB in the NFL and back again. I know he's loved by many Broncos fans, but he was not a good starting QB.

  15. #225
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Section 120 Row 26
    Posts
    2,791
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Jake Plummer was the epitome of average at best. From week to week he had the ability to go from an average QB to the worst QB in the NFL and back again. I know he's loved by many Broncos fans, but he was not a good starting QB.
    Thanks for your opinion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •