Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MHOC View Post
    I want sunshine in 2021. Hopefully Flacco allows us to Load Up for that year
    Reports are that the Giants offered their 2nd round number 37th pick in the draft for Josh Rosen however AZ has asking for their number first round number 17th pick overall.

Word on the street is that the Giants are about to do this. If this actually happens, I believe that Dwayne Haskins will in fact be on the board atbthe Broncos number 10 pick.

Believe me bro, Haskins is legit!

Clayton Thorson would have had the same production at Ohio State...

People look at him being a one year wonder as a huge negative, but I see the positive in it as well. Yes, he only has one good year under his belt, but he also in his first attempt at playing out performed the guys in this draft who have been doing it for years. Sure, it could of been a miracle, maybe that is the best he could ever do, but I think with the natural skill Haskins has as a thrower, the mental ability he has shown in his one year of playing, and the fact most guys only get better with experience, he is the most promising quarterback in this class, and it isn't even close for me. I still think 10 is a little high for him, and I am not convinced Haskins is a franchise guy, but I like him, and I would entertain taking him at 10 if he is available.

I think Haskins is a love/hate prospect. I love him because I believe he has the work ethic and the smarts to play QB in the NFL. His mechanics are great for a college QB, however the ball has a wobble to it when it comes out of his hand. This is why his deep balls die out and end up being underthrown and itís also why he randomly overthrows or throws passes in the dirt.

The Giants likely arenít interested in him for that exact reason. Playing in the weather, particularly the swirling winds will be hard for him until he can flick his wrist and get the ball to come out more smoothly. Late in the season will be rough for him regardless of the team until he can fix this issue. I could see him being like Donovan McNabb at the next level where he needs a strong coach and a strong team to have success. Although if he can fix that wobble he could be the best in this class and a truly great QB.

I have a strong preference for lock, and then I'd prefer Hockensen if not

Lock scares me.... I don't know why, but I've just got this draft, repeat - draft, repeat - draft, repeat, with him. I have this feeling he's Oz part 2 or Lynch part 2 label on him. Haskins has played in a pro style system that was adjusted for him at Ohio St. I've got this feeling that Lock will flop, I don't know.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    Lock scares me.... I don't know why, but I've just got this draft, repeat - draft, repeat - draft, repeat, with him. I have this feeling he's Oz part 2 or Lynch part 2 label on him. Haskins has played in a pro style system that was adjusted for him at Ohio St. I've got this feeling that Lock will flop, I don't know.....
    I don't follow college football, but from what little I have seen I like Haskins more than Lock.
    The highlights of Lock shows pretty passes without pressure, but at the combine it seemed like Haskins was the only one of the QBs that placed the balls so that receivers caught them without having to adjust, and while it is a small sample you just cannot be 5-10 foot of the mark in a standard drop down pass. If you are a very mobile QB that force defences to play you, then you can be less accurate, but Haskins seems to have size and accuracy, and unlike both Osweiler and Lynch who both threw very flat with low release positions, Haskins seems to throw passes that would be harder to knock down and which hits where they are supposed to hit.

Quote Originally Posted by MHOC View Post
    I want sunshine in 2021. Hopefully Flacco allows us to Load Up for that year
    What if he doesn't come out? He's already expressed a desire to be a four-year starter. You'll most likely will be waiting until 2022 for Trevor Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    What similarities does Lock share with Osweiler or Lynch? There really is nothing meaningful between the three of them. All you can get really is their skin tone and their heights all being above 6'3". Beyond that.. they're not at all similar.

As for your pro-style offense comment, you must be confused. Haskins absolutely did not play in a pro-style offense. They ran the same spread-option that they have always ran under Urban Meyer[1]. Lock, however, did have pro-style concepts. It was still shotgun-based, but Mizzou switched over offenses(again) from Heupel's air raid system to Dooley's combination system, featuring elements from both pro-style and collegiate, in order to better prepare Lock for the NFL[2][3].

[1] https://www.daytondailynews.com/spor...jazgph9TuGHnN/

[2]https://www.stltoday.com/sports/coll...a5e1e70d4.html

[3]https://www.kansascity.com/sports/co...206064769.html

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    What if he doesn't come out? He's already expressed a desire to be a four-year starter. You'll most likely will be waiting until 2022 for Trevor Lawrence.
    That very well could be. Clemson has a real shot to start racking up championships.

I want nothing to do with another Urban Meyer QB

To not be scared by Lock doesn't make sense to me, and for anyone who has dug deeper beyond a highlight video, you understand the pause to jump completely on his bandwagon. Lock had such an inconsistent season and career at Missouri, at times it was down right ugly, and as recent as this season. Lock has the big arm, makes those highlight throws, and is athletic gifted to be able to move around and improvise, but he put up some downright bad tape as a senior.

Lock really struggled against every tough team he went against, and at times he looked downright shell shocked. I would be okay with us taking Lock at 10 if that is the guy Elway loves, I think he can be successful, and I do really like him as a football player. But to act like there isn't anything to be worried about is ignorant to the number of games worth of bad tape he put up, and the consistently inconsistent play he produced.

Also, who didn't see Lock greatly benefiting from the pre-draft activities ? He has the arm teams were always going to love when he was throwing against air, he is well spoken and an intelligent guy, and he has said all of the right things not putting a foot out of line, his rise was always going to occur.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    If we are looking to win now we need a plug and play guy like White, Bush, Hockenson or Jonah Williams ( play him at guard).
    If Scangerello sees a guy who is a perfect fit then fine but I believe QBs are taken out of desperation and not canít miss talent. If the guy fits your system well like Mahomes did KC take him or move up and get him. Donít draft a guy just to draft somebody like we did with Lynch or the Cards did with Rosen.
    Completely agree. Also, I don't think he will be there anyway. Giants will take him or Lock. I bet they take Haskins.

According to Joel Klatt the Patriots, Giants and Chargers are "very interested" in trading for Cardinals quarterback Josh Rosen. If the Giants land Rosen the odds should increase for Haskins being available at #10. I havenít given a lot of thought to Haskins with the Giants ahead of the Broncos. If Haskins is available I think he would be worth the #10 pick. He has a quick release to go along with the accuracy. There was a segment on his release and it was impressive to see how his release would beat defenders. In the Rose Bowl there was a play where he looked off a DB and came back to his target with an impressive throw. However, seeing teams like the Patriots, Giants and Chargers interested in Rosen tells me the real opportunity isnít Haskins falling to the Broncos - itís making a move to get Rosen.

The More I think about it I would take Haskins Over Lock with no questions asked. However I like the Idea of Taking Oliver at #10 or the TE however I doubt any one of them will be there at #10