Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    I'll get this thread back on track.

I've been hearing that Flacco is heavily reliant on a tight end to get the ball downfield. Does this means he prefers the intermediate and short throws more than the deep threat?

Also how big of a deal is it that our best tight end is Jeff Heuerman for a QB like Flacco? Sigh

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post

I've been hearing that Flacco is heavily reliant on a tight end to get the ball downfield. Does this means he prefers the intermediate and short throws more than the deep threat?

Also how big of a deal is it that our best tight end is Jeff Heuerman for a QB like Flacco? Sigh
    Flacco prefers intermediate-deep throws. His best throws are intermediate sideline throws. He does enjoy throwing to his TE, but he doesn’t come out of the gate looking for his TE unless the talent is really lacking outside.

Flacco can make the shorter throws, but he’s just not as smooth with those throws. Intermediate-Deep is where you’ll get his best throws.

Most established TE is Heuerman.

Best TE is Butt.

Quote Originally Posted by Melemele View Post
    Another Baltimore ex-pat chiming in.

If you give Flacco a decent offensive line and a couple of guys who can catch (hold onto the ball once it hits their hands) Joe can take Denver deep into the playoffs. Except for Kubiak,, Flacco has never had an offensive coordinator who knew what the hell he was doing. Just remember that it was under Kubiak in the 2014 playoff game in New England against the Pats that Joe gave the Ravens two (2) fourteen point leads only to have the Ravens prevent defense fold like a house of cards and lose the game. They didn't lose the game because Joe couldn't put enough points on the board - the Ravens defense lost the game.

Do not be fooled by their REPUTATION - the Ravens defense hasn't been effective since Ray Lewis and Ed Reed retired. They consistently lose more games than they win.
    I agree, but I have a question about that game: Why was Flacco throwing to the end zone with 1:30 left and Baltimore down by four? What was the point? Just keep running the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by 16TheSnake View Post
    Most established TE is Heuerman.

Best TE is Butt.
    More like most potential. After two ACL tears in different legs I think he's far from a sure thing.

how big a deal is it to have a offense and Qb that doesn't use the TE like they should, as we did in 2017-2018? sigh

Quote Originally Posted by JBBronco1 View Post
    I agree, but I have a question about that game: Why was Flacco throwing to the end zone with 1:30 left and Baltimore down by four? What was the point? Just keep running the ball.
    The week prior, they had the lead and momentum against Pittsburgh and did what you suggested. Justin Forsett fumbled, Pittsburgh scores and Flacco had to come right back and score again to regain momentum. Flacco, in this case, decided to go for the throat.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The week prior, they had the lead and momentum against Pittsburgh and did what you suggested. Justin Forsett fumbled, Pittsburgh scores and Flacco had to come right back and score again to regain momentum. Flacco, in this case, decided to go for the throat.
    So, in other words, Flacco is a knowledgeable Veteran who is able to make adjustments that NO Rookie would ever consider. GOOD! That means that the Denver Broncos, by virtue of the moves they have made since the end of last season (Coaching Staff, Flacco, FA), is already a much better team than they were.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    So, in other words, Flacco is a knowledgeable Veteran who is able to make adjustments that NO Rookie would ever consider. GOOD! That means that the Denver Broncos, by virtue of the moves they have made since the end of last season (Coaching Staff, Flacco, FA), is already a much better team than they were.
    Eh. Flacco isn't really a significant improvement over Keenum. The coaching staff is, though. The OL and secondary are also improved.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Eh. Flacco isn't really a significant improvement over Keenum. The coaching staff is, though. The OL and secondary are also improved.
    Beyond that it makes sense contractually. It would have probably cost us more to extend Keenum for another season. We need a veteran here through 2020 if we’re going to draft someone this year

I'm still not sold on the OL. James is a better player than Veldheer, but not by a significant margin. Leary may not be 100%, and we need to move McGovern off of Center and back to Guard, where he played better. Hopefully that means an Erik McCoy or Garrett Bradbury is going to be drafted.
    Secondary is much better, that is true.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

We get it from your previous posts, you don't like Flacco, not even a little bit. He is definitely an improvement and has been successful in multiple seasons and tore it up in the playoffs. He is an upgrade over Keenum.

I agree on the other improvements though.

If the Vikings had Flacco instead of Keenum, they would have went to the Super Bowl and won. Seriously, he got to throw to Diggs and Theilen and still couldn’t get them there.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    If the Vikings had Flacco instead of Keenum, they would have went to the Super Bowl and won. Seriously, he got to throw to Diggs and Theilen and still couldn’t get them there.
    Okay, I will agree that Flacco is an improvement over Keenum, without a doubt. But Flacco has won 1 SB and imo he had the help of the refs and the Denver secondary to do it. He was beat in that game. To say he would have made any difference to that Vikes team is a huuuuuuuuuuge stretch. I hope the rest of what you say is true. We shall see. One way or the other, thanks for coming aboard.
    “Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

― Mark Twain

One reason I feel that way is, because.........when has Flacco ever had a tandem of that caliber to throw to? And pass protection on top of that? What more could Keenum ask for?