Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    One reason I feel that way is, because.........when has Flacco ever had a tandem of that caliber to throw to? And pass protection on top of that? What more could Keenum ask for?
    Actually I believe in 2017 the Ravens had a higher ranked Pass Protection OL then the Vikings.
    “Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

― Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    Actually I believe in 2017 the Ravens had a higher ranked Pass Protection OL then the Vikings.
    I can guess where those ratings came from, but if you actually watched the games, a big reason for those ratings was that they kept in extra blockers quite a bit and Flacco got rid of the ball quick. He was not actually able to stand back there and get comfortable behind that line.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    I'm still not sold on the OL. James is a better player than Veldheer, but not by a significant margin. Leary may not be 100%, and we need to move McGovern off of Center and back to Guard, where he played better. Hopefully that means an Erik McCoy or Garrett Bradbury is going to be drafted.
    Secondary is much better, that is true.
    I liked McGovern better at Center, he looked a lot more comfortable IMO. At guard I thought he was bull rushed and over powered at times!

Anyway I would like to see Elway go all in on the offensive line in the draft. He needs to build a powerhouse here while making it a strength of the team...

I’m so sick of these horrible offensive performances. It shouldn’t be so hard especially when 22 other nfl teams have seem to have gotten it done at a higher level!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 04-03-2019 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    how big a deal is it to have a offense and Qb that doesn't use the TE like they should, as we did in 2017-2018? sigh
    keenum relies on TE's as much as any QB. I just didn't see Heuerman get separation very often
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Thread cleaned.

This thread is for questions about Flacco. Please keep the personal junk out.

Thanks.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

To see the difference in Flacco over Keenum, you will have to wait till the season starts. One major difference is how he will improve Lindseys game.
    Just think Ray Rice 2.0
    That will open up all kinds of opportunities with that threat.

Quote Originally Posted by crabcruncher View Post
    To see the difference in Flacco over Keenum, you will have to wait till the season starts. One major difference is how he will improve Lindseys game.
    Just think Ray Rice 2.0
    That will open up all kinds of opportunities with that threat.
    Actually, we don't need to wait. Joe Flacco was Drafted in the 1st Round by Baltimore, and spent his entire career there playing 16 games in 9 seasons, until we traded for him. Keenum is an UDFA who is a pedestrian talent that's been passed from team to team in the NFL. Joe Flacco is a Superbowl MVP who has had his way with Denver on numerous occasions, including last seasons game. Keenum has played 16 games in a season, once, couldn't get over the top with a talented Minnesota team, and has been a perennial backup.

If people can't see the difference, it's because they don't want to see the difference. Not that it matters as John Elway, the "Decider", Traded for Joe Flacco who is NOW the Starting Quarterback for the Denver Broncos.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Actually, we don't need to wait. Joe Flacco was Drafted in the 1st Round by Baltimore, and spent his entire career there playing 16 games in 9 seasons, until we traded for him. Keenum is an UDFA who is a pedestrian talent that's been passed from team to team in the NFL. Joe Flacco is a Superbowl MVP who has had his way with Denver on numerous occasions, including last seasons game. Keenum has played 16 games in a season, once, couldn't get over the top with a talented Minnesota team, and has been a perennial backup.

If people can't see the difference, it's because they don't want to see the difference. Not that it matters as John Elway, the "Decider", Traded for Joe Flacco who is NOW the Starting Quarterback for the Denver Broncos.
    Great post. Joe Flacco has a real shot at a late career resurgence with the Broncos. Much like the Baltimore teams he had the most success with, we have some great defensive leadership and potentially another top defense for him to count on.

Wasnt is it just 2 or 3 years ago that Rivers was leading the league in turnovers? I thought they were crazy to pass up Watson, but in reality the Chargers lack of weapons and protection was magnified once a couple guys went out.
    I see Flacco in a similar way. Baltimores offense got stale and predicable and the teams lack of weapons really showed once Rice was gone and the already weak wrs were banged up. Flaccos numbers dropped over the past few years but their offense had become - just throw to whatever TE was healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    Great post. Joe Flacco has a real shot at a late career resurgence with the Broncos. Much like the Baltimore teams he had the most success with, we have some great defensive leadership and potentially another top defense for him to count on.

Wasnt is it just 2 or 3 years ago that Rivers was leading the league in turnovers? I thought they were crazy to pass up Watson, but in reality the Chargers lack of weapons and protection was magnified once a couple guys went out.
    I see Flacco in a similar way. Baltimores offense got stale and predicable and the teams lack of weapons really showed once Rice was gone and the already weak wrs were banged up. Flaccos numbers dropped over the past few years but their offense had become - just throw to whatever TE was healthy.
    Sure, Rivers led the league in INTs. He also threw over 30 TDs that year- something Flacco has never had. Rivers actually had 33, the 4th most in the league.

Flacco is not a good QB, that is the only fact that matters. Elway knows this and, judging by him not restructuring Flacco's deal, is already looking to replace him sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Sure, Rivers led the league in INTs. He also threw over 30 TDs that year- something Flacco has never had. Rivers actually had 33, the 4th most in the league.

Flacco is not a good QB, that is the only fact that matters. Elway knows this and, judging by him not restructuring Flacco's deal, is already looking to replace him sooner rather than later.
    Maybe you're right. We'll find out Thursday night, and then we can revisit this.

I don't care how many TD's you throw for if you lead the league in interceptions.

And yeah, Elway must think Flacco is not good. He thought he was so bad that he traded a 4th round pick for him. Imagine if he thought he was terrible, he may have offered up a 2nd to get that sort of coveted trash on the roster

Apparently that is not Elways thought......as we gave up draft capital to acquire him. We haven't restructured his contract because it's team friendly, especially this year.

The fact that Flacco has had success despite never putting up the offensive numbers a guy like Rivers has, gives me hope. We have a lot of pieces in place already including potentially a high level defense. This was such a great signing by Elway in many ways including giving us the freedom/ability to actually go after a young QB now. We aren't tied to any QB yet we have one as decent as Joe Flacco to fall back on if the draft doesn't pan out how we might hope. Think of Smith/Mahomes....The luxury of Smith allowed them the ability move up to go get a QB they felt was being overlooked.

Not having Flacco screams that we are drafting QB and we are at the mercy of the board- OR we are surrendering a whole lot more capital than a 4th to secure one. Now who knows, maybe Lock or Haskins slides into position (after 10) where maybe we can make a move.

Quote Originally Posted by atwaterandstir View Post

I don't think they should've, but glad they did. Same way I am very glad they sent Brees walking and kept Rivers. Glad for that too. Almost makes me feel good about Rivers. Almost.
    “Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

― Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    He's wearing orange and blue now. I hope he succeeds, but the fact that there were zero fans saying these things about him until he became a Broncos tells me there's an inconsistency in how QB's are viewed.
    This is an unrelated question, but who is the Denver Bronco player you use as your avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by justabroncosfan View Post
    This is an unrelated question, but who is the Denver Bronco player you use as your avatar?
    Justin Simmons
    Superbowl 50 Champions!