Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 310
  1. #181
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    8,925
    we've signed OL Adam Bisnowaty in place of Austin Fort
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    15,375
    I think it was JaWaun James, not sure but the starting RT looked very good getting to the 2nd level. I donít remember him getting beat in pass protection either going up against a one trick speed pony in Mingo. Canít wait to see how the oline looks with Leary in at RG over Barclay.

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    30,894
    Denver's starting O-Line looks OK: Bolles; Risner; McGovern; Leary; and James. After that, the next best guy is Wilkinson. Beyond that, who knows? Munchak will figure that out and it will be interesting to see. A couple of developmental guys will end up on the PS.

    Denver should have a lot of draft picks next year. They need to continue adding O-Linemen through the draft. The starting lineup will most likely need at least one addition next year, and the quality of the depth must be upgraded.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    8,920
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Denver's starting O-Line looks OK: Bolles; Risner; McGovern; Leary; and James. After that, the next best guy is Wilkinson. Beyond that, who knows? Munchak will figure that out and it will be interesting to see. A couple of developmental guys will end up on the PS.

    Denver should have a lot of draft picks next year. They need to continue adding O-Linemen through the draft. The starting lineup will most likely need at least one addition next year, and the quality of the depth must be upgraded.
    I wish you were wrong Sam, but you nailed it! We are thin on the oline
    Barclay has looked bad, Sam Jones hasnít gotten better
    We in trouble if we anybody goes down
    "Last team to stop the Pats in the AFC reside's in Denver, alomg with the last active AFC Qb

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    30,894
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    I wish you were wrong Sam, but you nailed it! We are thin on the oline
    Barclay has looked bad, Sam Jones hasn’t gotten better
    We in trouble if we anybody goes down
    Denver's Front office has been pretty good at finding players. When the cuts come at the end of preseason, they may be able to pick up an O-Lineman or two better than what they have including a backup C. We'll see if Munchak/Kuper can bring Bisnowaty up to whatever speed of which he's capable. It will be interesting to see how it ends up, although it might end up being a season long work in progress. Wilkinson can provide depth at T and G and will be active on game day. After that, ... ?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    12,951
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Denver's starting O-Line looks OK: Bolles; Risner; McGovern; Leary; and James. After that, the next best guy is Wilkinson. Beyond that, who knows? Munchak will figure that out and it will be interesting to see. A couple of developmental guys will end up on the PS.

    Denver should have a lot of draft picks next year. They need to continue adding O-Linemen through the draft. The starting lineup will most likely need at least one addition next year, and the quality of the depth must be upgraded.
    Well the OL has not been properly addressed for years. There have been attempts to address the team pass protection but between bad player acquisition choices and bad coaching we are lucky to even think maybe the starting 5 will get it done imo

    I think if we get the coaching straightened out (I think we have) then next year...maybe even this year...we will be amazed at how much better the depth on the OL performs.
    Win lose or tie Bronco fan til I die

  7. #187
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    7,562
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    Well the OL has not been properly addressed for years. There have been attempts to address the team pass protection but between bad player acquisition choices and bad coaching we are lucky to even think maybe the starting 5 will get it done imo

    I think if we get the coaching straightened out (I think we have) then next year...maybe even this year...we will be amazed at how much better the depth on the OL performs.
    with the players we have we will probably keep 3. if bolles gets injuried james will be lt. wilk will rt. if leary gets injuried then we will probably see wilk at RG. we have 6 line men i see. i haven't seen some on our team worth anything outside out top 6. we really need a 7 and 8th linemen to step p

    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    13,549
    I am cautiously optimistic. James is decent, Leary is solid, McGovern has been good in running situations, the rookie looks good so far, and Bolles is inconsistent. I think we took some steps in the right direction in the off-season, overpaid, but none the less I am not convinced we will be that much better up front at this point. I think the run game will be solid, but the pass protection is going to continue to be a concern in my eyes.

  9. #189
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    7,562
    we have like negitive depth at the o-line though. we don't have 4 people on the roster who can play OT in the nfl and our OGs look meh. i wouldn't be suriprised if we sign o-line depth round the last cuts
    Last edited by Kyousukeneko; 08-19-2019 at 11:05 PM.

    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,556
    Oline did not play well at all on any line. Depth is clearly an issue for this team as a whole but especially for the Oline. I'm starting to think maybe we should have kept Paradis and got rid of Wolfe. With our injury prone Oline we could use having Wilkerson and McGovern as solid backups that could play multiple positions.

    Side note: Bolles needs to go after this year. Oline and LB should be high on next year's need

  11. #191
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Ft. Lewis, Washington
    Posts
    3,508
    Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Oline did not play well at all on any line. Depth is clearly an issue for this team as a whole but especially for the Oline. I'm starting to think maybe we should have kept Paradis and got rid of Wolfe. With our injury prone Oline we could use having Wilkerson and McGovern as solid backups that could play multiple positions.

    Side note: Bolles needs to go after this year. Oline and LB should be high on next year's need
    Bolles still doesn't look like he has taken that leap yet. I still think he would be better suited for Guard. If nothing improves this year, we should cut Leary to save money and work Bolles there....or explore trading one of the two. I still hold the contention that Bolles would make a great Guard rather than having to worry about the edge...which seems to be one of the reasons for his false starts.
    New England Patriots GM

  12. #192
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Thornton
    Posts
    363
    Every year, it amazes me how we hang on to players who either can't get on or stay on the field ( Butte, Heuerman etc) and yet there are a ton of O Line & TE who can actually be there on game day. I mean Heuerman has 500 yds in 2 YEARS, Jake Butt - a total of 28 YARDS , and Ron Leary - 6 games last yr & in his career has only played 16 games 1 year! Be bold or go home which with our tough schedule looks likey no playoffs. And HOW did we end up with the 2nd toughest strength of schedule?
    Bronco Bob

  13. #193
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lone Tree
    Posts
    2,133
    This is getting ridiculous. Bollles had a bad game but has had a good camp so far. His holds do seem to come at the worst times and that's frustrating. Let's see how he plays in actual games this year before moving on. Finding average tackle play om this league is hard. Bolles is certainly a little below average now but has the ability to become a decent tackle in this league.

  14. #194
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    367
    I'm feeling good about the A teams. I think they could've run away with this game. This D is going to be fun to watch this year and will keep us in any game on the schedule. It could be top 5 by the end of the season, if they stay healthy. The O-line will need to get it together or they will be costing us big plays and games. Imo, the O-line is our ticket to the POs..... or not.

  15. #195
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    12,508
    I kind of feel like Joe Flacco needs to tell the coaching staff to get Bolles off the field.

    Thats if this blatant holding continuous.

    Holding can be called on every play but itís so obviously happens when something good happens for the offense.

    It seems the only way the offense can move down the field is if Bolles is holding because heís not good enough to legitimately give Flacco very much time in the pocket.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •