Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 310
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    30,913
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Theyíll likely draft 1 or 2. Then I would think they would fill the remaining needed for camp with undrafted free agents.
    That's what I was thinking. Two draftees and at least five UDFAs? If Leary can't practice, maybe more in order to have lines for 1st, 2nd, 3rd team O.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    30,913
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Is it completely out of the question to think they could trade back while aiming for Garret Bradbury? Thatís what Iíd like to see.

    Forget Devin White or Devon Bush and trade back, draft Bradbury while picking up another second and aim for a DE/ DT in the second and maybe fill a void with Darron Lee.
    The best five of the current nine are: Bolles, Leary, McGovern, Wilkinson and James. The rest are: Barclay, Jones, Schlottmann and Falah. Jones and Falah are inside guys. Barclay might be able to play RT, but I don't think we want to see him on the left. Munchak will find out if Schlottmann can be inside/outside. Wilkinson might be a candidate for Swing Tackle.

    Denver needs an infusion of O-Line talent both inside and outside including guys who can play C. Free agent O-Linemen are expensive, so the draft and UDFAs offer a way to fill the TC roster. IDK if Veldheer is still available. He would be a good game day Swing Tackle IMO.

    Thank goodness Munchak and Kuper are coaching the O-Line.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Taos, New Mexico
    Posts
    3,343
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    The best five of the current nine are: Bolles, Leary, McGovern, Wilkinson and James. The rest are: Barclay, Jones, Schlottmann and Falah. Jones and Falah are inside guys. Barclay might be able to play RT, but I don't think we want to see him on the left. Munchak will find out if Schlottmann can be inside/outside. Wilkinson might be a candidate for Swing Tackle.

    Denver needs an infusion of O-Line talent both inside and outside including guys who can play C. Free agent O-Linemen are expensive, so the draft and UDFAs offer a way to fill the TC roster. IDK if Veldheer is still available. He would be a good game day Swing Tackle IMO.

    Thank goodness Munchak and Kuper are coaching the O-Line.
    The infusion of talent on the coaching staff is a long awaited relief...
    [

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    13,186
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Denver waived Andreas Knappe yesterday. So, there are nine O-Linemen on the roster about a week before the Draft. They will need at least fifteen for TC.
    They will get the bodies even if they have to sign undrafted free agents with a 0.000001% chance of being on a NFL game day roster.

    Questions we all wonder is what kind of investment in "proven" talent will the front office decide to commit?

    I like our moves so far but imo we still need to bring in some "proven" talent or hope to get lucky.
    Last edited by Hadez; 04-17-2019 at 07:25 AM.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    9,204
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    They will get the bodies even if they have to sign undrafted free agents with a 0.000001% chance of being on a NFL game day roster.

    Questions we all wonder is what kind of investment in "proven" talent will the front office decide to commit?

    I like our moves so far but imo we still need to bring in some "proven" talent or hope to get lucky.
    So far it looks like the FO will need to at least spend one high pick on an O lineman as well as a later pick. The rest will likely need to be FA or udfa pickups.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,993
    I wouldn't mind if we drafted a lineman early. Part of the reason Denver was tenth in sacks allowed last year was because Case was fast enough to get away from the pass rush. Flacco is coming off an injury...and has lost a step...so I expect teams to bring the blitz a lot next year.
    Last edited by Hph5; 04-17-2019 at 10:51 AM.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Centennial, Colorado
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    The best five of the current nine are: Bolles, Leary, McGovern, Wilkinson and James. The rest are: Barclay, Jones, Schlottmann and Falah. Jones and Falah are inside guys. Barclay might be able to play RT, but I don't think we want to see him on the left. Munchak will find out if Schlottmann can be inside/outside. Wilkinson might be a candidate for Swing Tackle.

    Denver needs an infusion of O-Line talent both inside and outside including guys who can play C. Free agent O-Linemen are expensive, so the draft and UDFAs offer a way to fill the TC roster. IDK if Veldheer is still available. He would be a good game day Swing Tackle IMO.

    Thank goodness Munchak and Kuper are coaching the O-Line.
    According to Mike Klis, the Broncos tried out two offensive linemen in Jake Brendel and Jake Rodgers. If either or both of those two have signed or will sign with the Broncos, I will be interested to see if Munchak can make better players out of either or both. Rodgers was with the Steelers briefly on three separate occasions. Brendel played some last season for the Dolphins, but he has struggled to stay healthy.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    306
    Quote Originally Posted by Acedude View Post
    I didn't know the team was so thin at OL. Elway has some work to do.
    Well I can tell they are thin when Freeman has no place to break through. He is the kind of back that can break the will of a defense, but we have not been close to any kind of power blocking scheme remeniscent of the old days. I don't blame Elway or anything else. It's not sexy to draft OL. But I remember a quote from the Packer superbowl win "They don't want to face us" referring to the line blocking for Davis.
    We are thin, weak, small, slow and unable to play with the big teams and this has been a recurring theme for many years, Sorry to be so negative on this subject.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    30,913
    Quote Originally Posted by RSH View Post
    According to Mike Klis, the Broncos tried out two offensive linemen in Jake Brendel and Jake Rodgers. If either or both of those two have signed or will sign with the Broncos, I will be interested to see if Munchak can make better players out of either or both. Rodgers was with the Steelers briefly on three separate occasions. Brendel played some last season for the Dolphins, but he has struggled to stay healthy.
    Jake Brendel signed with Denver today.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,821
    I would like to see us double or even triple dip on the o-line in the draft. Just not in the first 2 rounds.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    30,913
    Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    I would like to see us double or even triple dip on the o-line in the draft. Just not in the first 2 rounds.
    Given the ten they currently have, there seems justification for drafting a C, G and T. It would be interesting to know Munchak's and Kuper's take on the guys they have now.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    15,700
    Quote Originally Posted by welderhead View Post
    Well I can tell they are thin when Freeman has no place to break through. He is the kind of back that can break the will of a defense, but we have not been close to any kind of power blocking scheme remeniscent of the old days. I don't blame Elway or anything else. It's not sexy to draft OL. But I remember a quote from the Packer superbowl win "They don't want to face us" referring to the line blocking for Davis.
    We are thin, weak, small, slow and unable to play with the big teams and this has been a recurring theme for many years, Sorry to be so negative on this subject.

    Uhh we wasnít a power blocking team them we were ZBS and our line was one of the smallest in the nfl, not one starter over 300 pounds

    Last year we were the 12th ranked rush offense and had the 4th most rush tds

    Thatís with two rookie rbs
    Last edited by arapaho; 04-18-2019 at 09:44 PM.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Chinook City, Canuckistan
    Posts
    528
    I think I am most happy about the coaching than I am about the current talent. Good coaching can squeeze and shape talent out of places like Dr. Pimple Popper :-)

    It all depends on what the new coaching staff feels about the talent they have now and their evaluation of what they can project going forward in their new scheme. What we have now may suffice enough that we can go with a stud MLB, DL or even a future QB in pick #10.
    Last year's theme was maturity as much as talent. It appears they had enough of the troublemakers and decided to emphasize personal responsibility and integrity at least as high as talent. I am personally on board with that, although last year's prize was a free agent.
    I think that Elway with another year of GM experience may finally surprise us, or at least me. I have been somewhat underwhelmed by Elway's drafting performance as a GM. I kind of liken it to Boles' performance: shaky overall with some bright spots.
    Last edited by Holger_Danske; 04-19-2019 at 07:10 AM. Reason: clarity, spelling
    Canadian Denver Bronco Fan Club #60

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    65
    Iíve watched tape of most of the first round prospects. Andre Dillard seems tailor-made for this blocking scheme. I could see the Broncos trade back from ten and still take Dillard. However, if they do that, would they move Bolles to Guard?

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    26,916
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I hate to say it but I see a pattern here with the O-linemen. Not saying itís a bad thing but I canít help but notice that when Denver linemen get hurt in a contract year, the Broncos are very reluctant to resign them.

    I remember Chris Kuper and JD Walton being allowed to leave via free agency and now Matt Paradis. Luis Vasquez was also kind of forced into retirement. The only reason Leary May still be here is because he was smart enough to get the injury clause worked into his contract but other than that I think we may see someone like Dalton Risner drafted if Denver decides to trade down in the first round with the number 10 pick.

    Most ppl say itís unlikely that Denver would draft another O-line in the first even beyond the top 20 but I think Munchak will have more of say so than most ppl want to think!

    Also itís wortj mentioning that both Franklin and Beadles were allowed to leave as well.
    And all the guys you mentioned were never really worth much. They looked alright here because we had crap, they didn't look so great after leaving. In each of those instances I think we made the right choice letting them walk (with an exception of maybe Kuper, but I think Kuper and Walton both had injury issues as well.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •