Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    The Broncos just signed OL Chaz Green to replace Falah. He has been playing at LT and LG, and figures to be a back up at both spots. I like the move. This is exactly the depth we need.
    I think he probably has an outside chance to make the roster but he is competition for camp, at least... that is if he can stay off of IR, looking at his history I think he has been on IR for more games than on the roster for games.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Glad you could get that off your chest. He's still just depth. The world isn't ending. Try to be a little more positive, it'll make you feel better.
    No one said the world is ending. I just have a different opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    I know with 100% certainty that both Munchak and Fangio gave their Blessings for the Broncos to pick up this guy. And I trust Munchak.

And you don't need Quinn Bailey over Chaz Green because Bailey is already on the team, and they will both be competing for a roster spot. Would you still go with Bailey over Green if Green beats him out during Training Camp, with Munchak watching both, and making the final decisions? Personally, I'm going to see how things go in a month.
    If Green beats out Bailey then by all means. I just don't think he's an automatic solid depth piece. Just another guy

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    If Green beats out Bailey then by all means. I just don't think he's an automatic solid depth piece. Just another guy
    I don't think he's automatically a solid depth piece either, but regardless of what a player has or hasn't done prior to becoming a Bronco, I like to give them the benefit of the doubt before I decide they're trash.

If he comes in here and is trash and gets cut, so be it, but until then, I will give him a shot. Sometimes all a player needs is better coaching. Look at guys like Steve Young, he was not anything special with Tampa and look what he turned into.

Another example is Brandon Marshall (the LB) he bounced around several teams before he found himself in a system that fit him that he could be productive in.

Maybe he does end up sucking, but give the guy the benefit of the doubt until he proves your suspicions correct.

Since we brought in Green I wonder if weíll put in a claim for Desmond Harrison.

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/06/0...ncos-minicamp/

"Broncos’ Ron Leary glad to be back at his preferred right guard position..."

Ron Leary said Wednesday he is back at home as the Broncos’ right guard, debunking the belief that left guard was his preferred position.

“I love right guard,” he said after the team’s second minicamp practice. “I wanted to stay at right guard last year and I made that known to the coaches, but they decided to move me to left (guard).”

“I feel a lot more comfortable at right,” he added. “I had a great season at right my first season here. Everything’s good.”

Leary returned to the right side after the Broncos decided left guard was the best position for second-round draft choice Dalton Risner.

Everything is also good with Leary’s health. He missed the final 10 games last year because of a torn Achilles, and was gradually worked into team drills during the offseason program.

“I feel really good; I’m doing everything out there,” he said. “I haven’t had any setbacks.”

Leary is working with a new right tackle (Ja’Wuan James) next to him and his fellow starting guard (Risner) is a rookie.

On James, Leary said: “Ja’Wuan’s a pro’s pro and that’s the biggest compliment you can give anybody.”

On Risner: “He works his (butt) off. I like him because he wants to be great.”

When the Broncos break for the summer, Leary’s work will continue at his home in Dallas.

“There are a lot of little things I want to work on in my game that I’ll really hit full speed in these five weeks,” he said. “I’m going to grind the whole time.”

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    https://www.denverpost.com/2019/06/0...ncos-minicamp/

"Broncos’ Ron Leary glad to be back at his preferred right guard position..."

Ron Leary said Wednesday he is back at home as the Broncos’ right guard, debunking the belief that left guard was his preferred position.

“I love right guard,” he said after the team’s second minicamp practice. “I wanted to stay at right guard last year and I made that known to the coaches, but they decided to move me to left (guard).”

“I feel a lot more comfortable at right,” he added. “I had a great season at right my first season here. Everything’s good.”

Leary returned to the right side after the Broncos decided left guard was the best position for second-round draft choice Dalton Risner.

Everything is also good with Leary’s health. He missed the final 10 games last year because of a torn Achilles, and was gradually worked into team drills during the offseason program.

“I feel really good; I’m doing everything out there,” he said. “I haven’t had any setbacks.”

Leary is working with a new right tackle (Ja’Wuan James) next to him and his fellow starting guard (Risner) is a rookie.

On James, Leary said: “Ja’Wuan’s a pro’s pro and that’s the biggest compliment you can give anybody.”

On Risner: “He works his (butt) off. I like him because he wants to be great.”

When the Broncos break for the summer, Leary’s work will continue at his home in Dallas.

“There are a lot of little things I want to work on in my game that I’ll really hit full speed in these five weeks,” he said. “I’m going to grind the whole time.”
    I could hardly wait to see Risner play, according to Cecil Lammy, heís been a solid wall holding his own but Cecil doesnít say against who.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I could hardly wait to see Risner play, according to Cecil Lammy, he’s been a solid wall holding his own but Cecil doesn’t say against who.
    Adam Gotsis said he was pretty good. Gotsis is a starter on our D-line, so I can only imagine he's showing up against our starting defense.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I don't think he's automatically a solid depth piece either, but regardless of what a player has or hasn't done prior to becoming a Bronco, I like to give them the benefit of the doubt before I decide they're trash.

If he comes in here and is trash and gets cut, so be it, but until then, I will give him a shot. Sometimes all a player needs is better coaching. Look at guys like Steve Young, he was not anything special with Tampa and look what he turned into.

Another example is Brandon Marshall (the LB) he bounced around several teams before he found himself in a system that fit him that he could be productive in.

Maybe he does end up sucking, but give the guy the benefit of the doubt until he proves your suspicions correct.
    A great example is Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    The last notable performance was his game against the Falcons when he allowed something like 6 sacks to Prescott. He is bad
    If he's garbage he'll get cut. We need a viable swing Tackle and this guy might be it.

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    If he's garbage he'll get cut. We need a viable swing Tackle and this guy might be it.
    Ideally the Swing Tackle can come in on either side. Veldheer can do that, but that ship has sailed. If the backup T can only be trusted on one side and the other side needs backup, a shuffle is required. Chaz has seven starts about half of which are at T.

Wilkinson came out of college as a T and Barclay has starts at T, but it sounds like those guys are getting repped at G spots as is Jones. That leaves Rodgers, Bailey, Leglue, Jacobson and possibly Schlottmann none of whom have any NFL regular season game experience.

Impossible to predict, because with linemen you never know until the hitting begins.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Ideally the Swing Tackle can come in on either side. Veldheer can do that, but that ship has sailed. If the backup T can only be trusted on one side and the other side needs backup, a shuffle is required. Chaz has seven starts about half of which are at T.

Wilkinson came out of college as a T and Barclay has starts at T, but it sounds like those guys are getting repped at G spots as is Jones. That leaves Rodgers, Bailey, Leglue, Jacobson and possibly Schlottmann none of whom have any NFL regular season game experience.

Impossible to predict, because with linemen you never know until the hitting begins.
    I was looking over his wiki entry and it says that the Cowboys played him at LT/LG and RT. Probably not much and his resume isn't very good but we'll see.

PFF has our line ranked at #12 based on pre-season projections:

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-nfl-off...b300150a1c0e11

Chargers are 29th, Raiders are 26th, and Chiefs are 17th.

Could mean a surprise swing in the division if that holds true. I think a lot of it comes down to McGovern getting more comfortable at center, and Leary staying healthy. I do think Munchak's magic will surprise. Even if Leary goes down, I think Munchak will be able to get enough out of the next player up.

Stoked for the season!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
    PFF has our line ranked at #12 based on pre-season projections:

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-nfl-off...b300150a1c0e11

Chargers are 29th, Raiders are 26th, and Chiefs are 17th.

Could mean a surprise swing in the division if that holds true. I think a lot of it comes down to McGovern getting more comfortable at center, and Leary staying healthy. I do think Munchak's magic will surprise. Even if Leary goes down, I think Munchak will be able to get enough out of the next player up.

Stoked for the season!
    I don't know if it means a surprise swing, we've known our OL is better. It is the whole fielding a bottom 10 starting QB that hinders us. Do we have the surrounding cast to make up for bad QB play this year? We just might

If we have a decent offensive line maybe that will mean Flacco will be okay? If not they can start the rookie eventually. Hopefully they can protect him?
    I think our QB situation is a win-win!