• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • broncos SB2010
    All-Time Great
    • Apr 2008

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Bradbury will most certainly be gone. I think the Vikings are a lock to take him in the 1st. Risner might not make it to day 2 either, so I'm hoping for Erik McCoy, who is also an excellent Center. Elgton Jenkins also should be an option on day 2.
    Why would the Vikings take him at 18? They have Elflein at OC. They might move one to OG but I think a better option for them would be an OT like Taylor or Dillard. they could then get an OG like Lindstrom, Risner, or McGary later. I think the Chiefs at 29 or Rams at 31 are good bets.
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 04-09-2019, 08:06 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

• bronx_2003
      Banned User
      • Oct 2003

The OL is not very good, it must rank as a bottom 5 unit. The only 3 guaranteed starters are Bolles, James, and probably Leary if he is fit. Bolles is a questionable LT at best, James is a decent RT, and Leary is either injured or under-performing.

The draft looks deep for the OL and having Munchak on board was a great signing. I think it would be a lost opportunity and pretty poor if 2 of our first 4 picks were not on the OL.

Comment

• TheAsianPA
        Captain
        • Oct 2015

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
        Why would the Vikings take him at 18? They have Elflein at OC. They might move one to OG but I think a better option for them would be an OT like Taylor or Dillard. they could then get an OG like Lindstrom, Risner, or McGary later. I think the Chiefs at 29 or Rams at 31 are good bets.
        probably because Elflein graded out as one of the worst starting Centers in the league, and enters his contract year next season? Those are strong reasons. Their entire O-line could use an upgrade, but the C position is arguably their worst options. Their OT's aren't very bad. Riley Reiff graded out highly and Brian O'Neill is only 23 on a cheap contract. Next draft they'll have to consider replacing Reiff but I think he has one more good year left.
        Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• TheAsianPA
          Captain
          • Oct 2015

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
          The OL is not very good, it must rank as a bottom 5 unit. The only 3 guaranteed starters are Bolles, James, and probably Leary if he is fit. Bolles is a questionable LT at best, James is a decent RT, and Leary is either injured or under-performing.

The draft looks deep for the OL and having Munchak on board was a great signing. I think it would be a lost opportunity and pretty poor if 2 of our first 4 picks were not on the OL.
          I still fume over picking Bolles over Ramczyk. Yes, I know they play different sides but I don't get the impression Ramczyk would have had this rocky of a road Bolles has had.
          Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• FL BRONCO
            Traveling Mod
            • Mar 2010

I still fume over picking Bolles over Ramczyk. Yes, I know they play different sides but I don't get the impression Ramczyk would have had this rocky of a road Bolles has had.

Still shakin my head over that one.
            My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• Sam_Z
              Banned User
              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
              Still shakin my head over that one.
              Im still wondering what Elway was thinking!
              He just wasn’t doing his homework and it’s coming back to bite him.

Not saying Bolles is dumb but to be an NFL O-linemen, one has have a great memory and be pretty dam sharp!

If Peyton Manning was to say “55s the mike, HURRY HURRY OMAHA HUT HUT” his O-line doesn’t moves. why?

Because nothing is official until they hear a certain coded message disguised by usually one word. That word be as simple as saying “yellow”!

It’s sounds pretty silly but that is how most NFL offenses operate. You do not move until you hear that one word which makes it official. Bolles just doesn’t get this!

Manning absolutely would not have this guy on his offense. There are no plays in the playbook for 2nd & 20 and most defenses know this.

Bolles is just not right for this team IMO but hopefully Munchak can do something with him and I’m wrong but at this point I doubt it!
              Last edited by Sam_Z; 04-10-2019, 04:55 PM.

Comment

• beastlyskronk
                Football Immortal
                • Jun 2007

It was probably the injury Ramczyk had that turned us away from him.

Comment

• bronx_2003
                  Banned User
                  • Oct 2003

I didn't like either of them TBH.

In fairness to Bolles, if he was in NO's with Bree's at QB he is probably looking pretty good right now, whereas Ramczyk protecting TS, Lynch, and CK would not help him look good.

Comment

• DenverBlood
                    Football Immortal
                    • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                    Im still wondering what Elway was thinking!
                    He just wasn’t doing his homework and it’s coming back to bite him.

Not saying Bolles is dumb but to be an NFL O-linemen, one has have a great memory and be pretty dam sharp!

If Peyton Manning was to say “55s the mike, HURRY HURRY OMAHA HUT HUT” his O-line doesn’t moves. why?

Because nothing is official until they hear a certain coded message disguised by usually one word. That word be as simple as saying “yellow”!

It’s sounds pretty silly but that is how most NFL offenses operate. You do not move until you hear that one word which makes it official. Bolles just doesn’t get this!

Manning absolutely would not have this guy on his offense. There are no plays in the playbook for 2nd & 20 and most defenses know this.

Bolles is just not right for this team IMO but hopefully Munchak can do something with him and I’m wrong but at this point I doubt it!
                    What on earth are you talking about here? Bolles issue is not snap counts and false starts. His main issue is bad footwork and therefore holding once he gets beat.

None of that has anything to do with knowing which word triggers the snap count.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Sam_Z
                      Banned User
                      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                      What on earth are you talking about here? Bolles issue is not snap counts and false starts. His main issue is bad footwork and therefore holding once he gets beat.

None of that has anything to do with knowing which word triggers the snap count.
                      Are you Garrett Bolles using an alias? Why would it seem as if your offended by my comments?

I understand Garrett draws penalties for holding but he’s also guilty of jumping off sides.

It doesn’t make you a genius or garner you any points to attempt to bite someone’s head off.

Comment

• DenverBlood
                        Football Immortal
                        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                        Are you Garrett Bolles using an alias? Why would it seem as if your offended by my comments?

I understand Garrett draws penalties for holding but he’s also guilty of jumping off sides.

It doesn’t make you a genius or garner you any points to attempt to bite someone’s head off.
                        I wasn’t doing any of that. Don’t be so sensitive. I literally had no idea where you were going with all that and adding snap cadence to your post.

Garrett Bolles was called for 3 false starts in 2018 and 0 offsides.

But 7 holds.

That’s not that bad on understanding snaps counts for an entire 16 game season. And unlike holds false starts can’t be declined so he didn’t have any that he got away with.

All penalties commited by Garett Bolles while playing Offensive Line on the Denver Broncos during the 2018 season.

In 2017 he had 4 false starts assessed

http://www.nflpenalties.com/player/g-bolles-denver-broncos?year=2017

So 7 in two seasons. But 14 holds. And holds can be declined if he allowed a sack on the play.

I don’t think Bolles issue is understanding snap count. It’s footwork mechanics.
                        Last edited by DenverBlood; 04-11-2019, 01:56 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

• mozzerpete
                          All-Pro
                          • May 2008

I would not be upset if Denver selected OL in the first three rounds.

Whoever Dever decides to field at QB; he's going to need an OL.

R1 (trade #10 to early 20's): LT Andre Dillard, Washington State
                          Allows Bolles to be moved elsewhere potentially.

R1 (trade use #10's cache + R3 pick): C Garrett Bradbury, N.C. State
                          Bradbury's selection gives Denver options with McGovern at C/G.

R2: C/G Erik McCoy, Texas A&M
                          McCoy played well against D. Lawrence and Q. Williams and would offer C/G depth.

Leary will most likely be released in 2020 with over 8M saved, only 875K dead.

Fast Forward one year 2020 OL as of now
                          LT Dillard
                          LG Bolles / (2020 draft pick)
                          OC Bradbury / Falah / Jones
                          RG McCoy / (re-sign McGovern?)
                          RT James / Knappe

Comment

• samparnell
                            Soy Capitan Meshpoint
                            • Nov 2007

Denver waived Andreas Knappe yesterday. So, there are nine O-Linemen on the roster about a week before the Draft. They will need at least fifteen for TC.
                            Last edited by samparnell; 04-16-2019, 09:38 AM. Reason: add
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• DenverBlood
                              Football Immortal
                              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                              Denver waived Andreas Knappe yesterday. So, there are nine O-Linemen on the roster about a week before the Draft. They will need at least fifteen for TC.
                              They’ll likely draft 1 or 2. Then I would think they would fill the remaining needed for camp with undrafted free agents.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Sam_Z
                                Banned User
                                • Dec 2004

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                                Is it completely out of the question to think they could trade back while aiming for Garret Bradbury? That’s what I’d like to see.

Forget Devin White or Devon Bush and trade back, draft Bradbury while picking up another second and aim for a DE/ DT in the second and maybe fill a void with Darron Lee.

Comment

Working...
                                X