Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 310
  1. #136
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    30,760
    Quote Originally Posted by BayArea Bronco View Post
    Sorry I don't know how to set up a link yet so I pasted a snip from an article. The bottom line is Mike has had a top ten line where ever hes been. So I do expect that here. Am I really being so bold.
    I will addmit I am a very positive person.
    The starters Munchak has to work with are a decent group. Developing quality depth will be the greater challenge IMO, but I'm sure he and Chris Kuper will get the best out of them.

  2. #137
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    12,831
    Quote Originally Posted by BayArea Bronco View Post
    Season Run Block Pass Block Adj. Line Yards Sacks Allowed Adj. Sack Rate
    With Munchak 2014-2018 8th 6th 4.33 27 4.80%
    Without Munchak 2009-2013 17th 21st 3.99 43 7.60%
    Whatís most impressive is that itís going on seven years since the Steelers spent higher than a 3rd round pick on an offensive lineman. Munchak is such an expert at his craft that he can find players late in the draft or in free agency who he can coach up and turn into solid NFL starters (or even Pro Bowlers).
    Stay positive guys, we have the best I line coach in the world.

    I did a google search for the information in your post and found this

    https://www.steelcityunderground.com...-mike-munchak/

    The part about Pitt not spending a draft pick on OL higher than round 3 is impressive.
    Vic Fangio "Von Miller can play better than he has ever played in his career"
    Preventing Death by Inches

  3. #138
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    12,831
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    that feels like a super bold statement with how bad our o-line has been. we also need some of our players to take better to coaching(bolles)
    There are two sides to a teaching relationship and both sides can be failing.

    No one here knows for sure which side is failing but the lack of production from the OL for years outside the run blocking the last year tells me the coaching has been failing.
    Vic Fangio "Von Miller can play better than he has ever played in his career"
    Preventing Death by Inches

  4. #139
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    7,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    There are two sides to a teaching relationship and both sides can be failing.

    No one here knows for sure which side is failing but the lack of production from the OL for years outside the run blocking the last year tells me the coaching has been failing.
    Some of the thing that bolles does as an ot should have been coached out of him in college the fact it hasn't happened points to me that bolles is hard to coach. Along with the fact he has a bad memory

  5. #140
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,896
    I feel Great actually way better than Last Year !! This O-Line being lead by Mike will do wonders for the Denver Broncos !! JE scored big time in hiring all the right coaches this time around I just do not know why JE messed it to begin with lol but that is for another Thread 🧵 LOL !

  6. #141
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Gtown
    Posts
    4,130
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    The way I see our line right now:
    LT Garrett Bolles / Juwan James
    LG Ron Leary / Sam Jones
    C Connor McGovern/ Jake Brendel
    RG Dalton Risner / Don Barclay
    RT Juwan James / Eli Wilkinson

    Overall I like it better than last year, depth wise. Wilkinson and Barclay have starting experience at Tackle and guard. Biggest concern is at center. I do believe Munchak will get the most out of this group.
    Interesting that, right now, they've moved Leary to the right guard, and Risner to left guard causing Bolles to remark that the Broncos finally have a left guard. I think it means less about Leary, other than his injury problems, than it says about how Risner at Left guard may be permanent.

    “When he got drafted I was so excited,” Bolles said via Nicki Jhabvala earlier this week. “The Broncos finally got me a left guard. I couldn’t be more blessed to have that kid ...”

    https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-bro...ard-131920324/

  7. #142
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    8,743
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    The starters Munchak has to work with are a decent group. Developing quality depth will be the greater challenge IMO, but I'm sure he and Chris Kuper will get the best out of them.
    What's a stellar group then? Haha

  8. #143
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    30,760
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    What's a stellar group then? Haha
    It's Munchak's job to turn them into a "stellar" group any way he can.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  9. #144
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    3,888
    The Broncos just signed OL Chaz Green to replace Falah. He has been playing at LT and LG, and figures to be a back up at both spots. I like the move. This is exactly the depth we need.

  10. #145
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    3,888
    Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Interesting that, right now, they've moved Leary to the right guard, and Risner to left guard causing Bolles to remark that the Broncos finally have a left guard. I think it means less about Leary, other than his injury problems, than it says about how Risner at Left guard may be permanent.

    “When he got drafted I was so excited,” Bolles said via Nicki Jhabvala earlier this week. “The Broncos finally got me a left guard. I couldn’t be more blessed to have that kid ...”

    https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-bro...ard-131920324/
    Yeah, but Bolles is about as smart as a pile of bricks. I'll wait and see.

  11. #146
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    8,743
    Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    The Broncos just signed OL Chaz Green to replace Falah. He has been playing at LT and LG, and figures to be a back up at both spots. I like the move. This is exactly the depth we need.
    The last notable performance was his game against the Falcons when he allowed something like 6 sacks to Prescott. He is bad

  12. #147
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    26,647
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    The last notable performance was his game against the Falcons when he allowed something like 6 sacks to Prescott. He is bad
    He's depth.... He'll be fine as depth especially if our coaching staff can work with him and help correct some of the errors that caused that bad performance.

    Not everything has to be taken to the most negative light possible around here


  13. #148
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    8,743
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    He's depth.... He'll be fine as depth especially if our coaching staff can work with him and help correct some of the errors that caused that bad performance.

    Not everything has to be taken to the most negative light possible around here
    Yeah that's not how it is. He isn't a good player from what I have seen. He isn't solid depth, he's Menelik Watson level of bad. I don't think Denver is a magical land that makes players talented when the last few years they have been bad.

    I have no problem giving players who have potential the benefit of the doubt, but this is like saying Donald Stephenson was an adequate starter. I'd much rather have our college UDFA Quinn Bailey, who only allowed one sack in his college career, get the nod over a player who hasn't proven it to multiple coaching staff.
    Last edited by TheAsianPA; 06-04-2019 at 08:47 AM.

  14. #149
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    26,647
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Yeah that's not how it is. He isn't a good player from what I have seen. He isn't solid depth, he's Menelik Watson level of bad. I don't think Denver is a magical land that makes players talented when the last few years they have been bad.

    I have no problem giving players who have potential the benefit of the doubt, but this is like saying Donald Stephenson was an adequate starter. I'd much rather have our college UDFA Quinn Bailey, who only allowed one sack in his college career, get the nod over a player who hasn't proven it to multiple coaching staff.
    Glad you could get that off your chest. He's still just depth. The world isn't ending. Try to be a little more positive, it'll make you feel better.


  15. #150
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Gtown
    Posts
    4,130
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Yeah that's not how it is. He isn't a good player from what I have seen. He isn't solid depth, he's Menelik Watson level of bad. I don't think Denver is a magical land that makes players talented when the last few years they have been bad.

    I have no problem giving players who have potential the benefit of the doubt, but this is like saying Donald Stephenson was an adequate starter. I'd much rather have our college UDFA Quinn Bailey, who only allowed one sack in his college career, get the nod over a player who hasn't proven it to multiple coaching staff.
    I know with 100% certainty that both Munchak and Fangio gave their Blessings for the Broncos to pick up this guy. And I trust Munchak.

    And you don't need Quinn Bailey over Chaz Green because Bailey is already on the team, and they will both be competing for a roster spot. Would you still go with Bailey over Green if Green beats him out during Training Camp, with Munchak watching both, and making the final decisions? Personally, I'm going to see how things go in a month.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •