Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    In 2015 Ryan Clady went on IR. Rookie Ty Sambrailo moved from RT to LT. Ryan Harris came in at RT. After about three games, Sambrailo went on IR. Harris moved from RT to LT, a spot he had hardly played during his career. Michael Schofield filled in at RT for most of the remainder of the season.

Ja'Wuan James has played both sides, but mostly on the right. I'm inclined to doubt Bolles will be moved from LT, but if someone had to fill in there, Munchak has a plan which might involve flipping James to the left. At the moment there just aren't a lot of viable options to challenge the starting Tackles. Even if Denver picks up a T after cuts, he probably would just be for depth.

Denver's O-Line needs annual attention in the Draft.
    Like 1st 3 rounds attention. They need to strike gold on someone eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    Offensive tackles don't grow on trees. The best we can hope for is that Bolles continues to improve. He had a really good second half of the season last year and has had a good camp so far. Not sure what games you were watching this preseason but he has played well outside of last night.
    The best we can hope is for him to continue to improve..... Like my statement mentioned he's with us regardless this year. So yea I hope he improves. His second half that was better still lead to the most penalties for Oline. A good camp means nothing to me. Remember when every year they said Cody Lattimore was having a good camp then never showed up in the games? Bolles will be gone after this year or we will find his replacement next off season. Book it pin it or just remember this statement. It's going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    Offensive tackles don't grow on trees. The best we can hope for is that Bolles continues to improve. He had a really good second half of the season last year and has had a good camp so far. Not sure what games you were watching this preseason but he has played well outside of last night.
    Heard on the radio today that not only has he lead the league in holding penalties his 1st 2 pro seasons, but he also lead the NCAA in holding penalties while at Utah. So, he is consistently putting the team in bad positions. He might have been playing well recently, but he seems to have a serious Achilles heel that doesn't seem to be able to be coached out of him. I guess he has this year to get it together. Hope he figures something out.

Mike Munchack will be challenged this season!

What was less than encouraging was when they (starting line) stayed in with the 2s, and still didn't look any better than they did with the 1s.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootleg View Post
    What was less than encouraging was when they (starting line) stayed in with the 2s, and still didn't look any better than they did with the 1s.
    I remember a play with Lock, McGovern, Risner, and Bolles where you can see McGovern yelling something before snap. The ball ended with a weird handoff and was for a loss of yards. Then you see McGovern appears to be yelling at who I believe was Bolles.

Quote Originally Posted by jrod48 View Post
    Mike Munchack will be challenged this season!
    I bet you Munchak already knows whether he can help Bolles or not. If so, I bet you he already has the mindset of looking for replacement next offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Who would you put in?
    could anyone else be any worse than Bolles? I think Iíd move James over with Wilkenson at the right however Wilkenson didnít look as bad as Bolles at the LT.

I know heís going up against second and third stringers but you know what, the problem has to be corrected at some point this season and the preseason might be the best time to do it because thereís still a little bit of time before the season starts rather than having to do it mid season.

I think we all need to give Flacco more Credit because if Bolles doesnít hold on that call, I think Flaccoís pocket awareness will allow him to step forward and complete the pass anyway However Garrett Bolles did not give him that chance.

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    that's a blatant overreaction
    Itís not a blatant overreaction.

This guy is going to cost us a game or two this season, and Itís better to attempt to correct the problem now.
    Would Wilkenson or James be much worse than Bolles at that position!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    could anyone else be any worse than Bolles? I think Iíd move James over with Wilkenson at the right however Wilkenson didnít look as bad as Bolles at the LT.

I know heís going up against second and third stringers but you know what, the problem has to be corrected at some point this season and the preseason might be the best time to do it because thereís still a little bit of time before the season starts rather than having to do it mid season.

I think we all need to give Flacco more Credit because if Bolles doesnít hold on that call, I think Flaccoís pocket awareness will allow him to step forward and complete the pass anyway However Garrett Bolles did not give him that chance.
    Sometimes when a line coach is told he should bench a certain starter, he looks at the guys standing behind him on the sideline and says, "Nah, he's doing just fine."

Ok so now after 3 Pre Season Games I feel horrible about our Offensive Line.....Just Saying ...

I wouldn't mind if they changed things up and stuck Bolles at guard. I'm very much expecting/hoping we will be picking up more depth come cut time.

Though in Munchak I trust
    Last edited by FL BRONCO; 08-20-2019 at 06:03 PM.
    All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

--J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Itís not a blatant overreaction.

This guy is going to cost us a game or two this season, and Itís better to attempt to correct the problem now.
    Would Wilkenson or James be much worse than Bolles at that position!
    Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    Ok so now after 3 Pre Season Games I feel horrible about our Offensive Line.....Just Saying ...
    Thatís freaking scary. I guess I was expecting more from the Oline guru. What a bummer to hear. Ugh!

Keep in mind Leary wasnít at RG. Schlottman started and his issue looked more like how heís picking up his block. On one play he was a step late - over time he and James would be able to get on the same page (if Leary werenít coming back).

Pass protection wasnít bad. Not great but Flacco made it work with plays like the one he made to Hamilton. On the intermediate route to Sutton the line gave Flacco enough time to set his feet and fire the ball.

A lot of heat on Bolles for the holding call. From watching the tape, there were more issues than the holding call. On an early run play he just got blown up. On another play he wasnít on the same page with the TE and they both missed their blocks (toss left). There was another pass play where Bolles didnít work the defender far enough outside which flushed Flacco out of the pocket too fast - defender had almost a straight line to Flacco. When Bolles is ďonĒ heís very good. The problem is the number of plays with poor execution.

Part of the issue might be the new offense, but Bolles was a big time liability last night.

Bolles was a reach to begin with. Time to cut our losses. The guy has shown 0 improvement in 2 years. Iím at 230, I can pack on 70 more by week 1. Put me in coach.