Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by elway7777 View Post
    Bolles was a reach to begin with. Time to cut our losses. The guy has shown 0 improvement in 2 years. Iím at 230, I can pack on 70 more by week 1. Put me in coach.
    I think Wilkinson can play better than Bolles. Weíll see what Munchak can do with Bolles over the first quarter of the season. If he doesnít improve quickly weíre going to see more holding calls or worse, Flacco injured.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    Of course it happens sometimes but that doesn't mean that everyone can do it. Linemen tend to have a preference. Bolles has been playing LT his whole career. Flipping to the right side would change the way he places his hands and how he would set. Acting like they can just switch sides and be better for it is completely ignoring what goes into it.

Can you explain to me why James would be better on the left side?
    maybe that would be a good thing.

Offensive tackles don't grow on trees. The best we can hope for is that Bolles continues to improve. He had a really good second half of the season last year and has had a good camp so far. Not sure what games you were watching this preseason but he has played well outside of last night.
    disagree with all of that...

I went back and watched the play when Lindsay was tackled for loss. The entire line including the FB Aston made great blocks. That was likely a 41 yard TD by Lindsay if not for Bolles - blown up 4-5 yards into the backfield.

Munchak needs to sit him down with a clear message: Get it together now.

No need to talk about a great camp for Bolles. Execute consistently or itís over at LT. Cannot have your 3rd year #20 play that bad. Munchak can coach but he canít block for Bolles.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    disagree with all of that...
    https://www.pff.com/news/pro-lt-gare...o-hope-in-2019

"(Weeks 10-17) was extremely encouraging, particularly from a pass-blocking perspective. From Week 10 on, Bolles allowed a pressure rate of just 2.9% which ranked third among left tackles in that period, trailing only Tyron Smith (1.5%) and Ronnie Stanley (2.6%). It was a promising in-season improvement for the Broncosí left tackle, as his pass-blocking grade in the second half of the season (77.1) was over 10.0 points higher than it was from Weeks 1-9 (66.4)."

Outside of last nights preseason game, what did you dislike in the first two games?
    Last edited by JW7; 08-20-2019 at 08:04 PM.

Of course it happens sometimes but that doesn't mean that everyone can do it. Linemen tend to have a preference. Bolles has been playing LT his whole career. Flipping to the right side would change the way he places his hands and how he would set. Acting like they can just switch sides and be better for it is completely ignoring what goes into it.

Can you explain to me why James would be better on the left side?
    I asked how do you think it would play out . Never said James would be a better LT. I also edited it and said it really doesnt matter what side Bolles is on he will still get flags. He may be better off a Guard then a tackle . He get beat and that's why he holds .

Next season we may need to be drafting two offensive linemen: a C and a LT. Right now I'm not convinced the line is where Munchak wants it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    I asked how do you think it would play out . Never said James would be a better LT. I also edited it and said it really doesnt matter what side Bolles is on he will still get flags. He may be better off a Guard then a tackle . He get beat and that's why he holds .
    I think we need to let it play out and not have people calling for Bolles to move to guard or James move to the left side. Outside of a bad preseason game he has been trending in a positive direction since the second half of last year. He gets one hold in a meaningless game and people want to move around the whole line.

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-lt-gare...o-hope-in-2019

"(Weeks 10-17) was extremely encouraging, particularly from a pass-blocking perspective. From Week 10 on, Bolles allowed a pressure rate of just 2.9% which ranked third among left tackles in that period, trailing only Tyron Smith (1.5%) and Ronnie Stanley (2.6%). It was a promising in-season improvement for the Broncos’ left tackle, as his pass-blocking grade in the second half of the season (77.1) was over 10.0 points higher than it was from Weeks 1-9 (66.4)."

Outside of last nights preseason game, what did you dislike in the first two games?
    let's chat after week 5 and we'll see how we both feel about Bolles then.

Oh. I thought you disagreed with all of what I said. Not sure how waiting until after week 5 addresses any of what I posted...

The one Tackle prospect I felt would be a great fit for the blocking scheme that Scangarello planned on utilizing was Andre Dillard. Was there ever any talk about him being considered?

I think we need to let it play out and not have people calling for Bolles to move to guard or James move to the left side. Outside of a bad preseason game he has been trending in a positive direction since the second half of last year. He gets one hold in a meaningless game and people want to move around the whole line.
    As the #20 pick itís not enough to be trending in the right direction. There were more bad plays beyond the holding call - watch the film.

No need to move around the whole line. Put Wilkinson at LT and bench Bolles.

Either way weíll feel fine. Flacco on the other hand.....might not feel so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Either way weíll feel fine. Flacco on the other hand.....might not feel so good.
    The link I posted showed he had the 3rd best rate for pressures allowed for left tackles in the last 7 weeks of the season. Not sure why me saying he was trending in the right direction is not even considered. He has had a good preseason outside of Monday night. I feel like a lot of people here have a personal vendetta against the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    As the #20 pick itís not enough to be trending in the right direction. There were more bad plays beyond the holding call - watch the film.

No need to move around the whole line. Put Wilkinson at LT and bench Bolles.
    Wilkinson played worse at LT, he just didnít have a holding call that negated a big play. Wilkinson has really struggled at LT and even at RT when matched up against speed.