Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    I'm happy with the offensive line only because of one guy, Munchak. I'm not saying the guy will sprinkle magic dust and things are better. However I believe his opinion and eye test matters. If he says Boles is a bone head and isn't a starter, I'm sure he would be riding the pine.

Is McGovernís best position Guard or Center?

James should stabalize the RT position. It's become as important to have a great RT as LT as it's easy for defenses to matchup great pass rushers against a weakspot in the Oline.

We'll see. Like other's I feel much better having Munchak here. I think we need to draft a couple guys early if nothing else to give Munchak a chance to mold some young guys and see if they offer any improvement over the guys with more experience.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Is McGovernís best position Guard or Center?
    Long term I think he will make a better center. He struggles to anchor at times in pass protection though and thatís a huge problem at any interior spot.

I think interior line play needs to be valued just as much as your Tackles are. A good interior can help mask bad OTs, however elite OTs wonít mask the interior getting collapsed every play. This is why Nelson improved the Colts offensive line so much. Get edge pressure and the QB just steps up, you get interior pressure and force the QB out the pocket either the OT holds or the edge rusher is chasing down the QB. Really hope Leary, McGovern and whoever our RG will be can step it up this year.

i am worried about it. we don't have great interior and james is still a Question mark. but i expect us to upgrede in a few spots and grab more depth this draft.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Every year people try to convince me the line will be much improved. And every year at least in pass protection itís not.

I understand the coaches now give us optimism for improvement. But until I see it on the field Iíll continue to believe itís our biggest weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Every year people try to convince me the line will be much improved. And every year at least in pass protection itís not.

I understand the coaches now give us optimism for improvement. But until I see it on the field Iíll continue to believe itís our biggest weakness.
    I have to agree with this.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Every year people try to convince me the line will be much improved. And every year at least in pass protection it’s not.

I understand the coaches now give us optimism for improvement. But until I see it on the field I’ll continue to believe it’s our biggest weakness.
    Yep - I think we need to spend some more early draft capital on offensive line. Chubb is a great player but wish we took Nelson last year. I think a trade down from #10 would be ideal. Bradbury and Risner would be my targets.

If it is not addressed, I'm a little more optimistic going into this year with the addition of Munchak and the continued development of Bolles.
    Last edited by JW7; 04-08-2019 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    Yep - I think we need to spend some more early draft capital on offensive line. Chubb is a great player but wish we took Nelson last year. I think a trade down from #10 would be ideal. Bradbury and Risner would be my targets.

If it is not addressed, I'm a little more optimistic going into this year with the addition of Munchak and the continued development of Bolles.
    Iím perfectly happy with the Chubb selection and choose to opt out of the grass is greener mentality.

If we make a solid early oline selection this year to go along with the James signing and new coaches I would argue the two year draft strategy worked out better.

Because there isnít a Chubb this year that you could follow last years Nelson pick with.

There technically isnít a Nelson this year either. But several quality tackles or even some guards later on.

I’m perfectly happy with the Chubb selection and choose to opt out of the grass is greener mentality.

If we make a solid early oline selection this year to go along with the James signing and new coaches I would argue the two year draft strategy worked out better.

Because there isn’t a Chubb this year that you could follow last years Nelson pick with.

There technically isn’t a Nelson this year either. But several quality tackles or even some guards later on.
    It's not a bad spot to be in. Both Nelson and Chubb have All-Pro ability. I am happy we have Chubb. Just feel like the O-Line has been in a terrible spot for awhile and outside of Bolles we haven't spent high draft capital on fixing it. Drafting O-Line in the first is not a sexy pick and gets a lot of backlash from the fan base but it sometimes has to be done.

It's not a bad spot to be in. Both Nelson and Chubb have All-Pro ability. I am happy we have Chubb. Just feel like the O-Line has been in a terrible spot for awhile and outside of Bolles we haven't spent high draft capital on fixing it. Drafting O-Line in the first is not a sexy pick and gets a lot of backlash from the fan base but it sometimes has to be done.
    I agree. Iím still on board with a tackle at 10 and pushing Bolles into a gaurd position.

But itís likely not the best value we can get at 10.

I Feel Great TY for asking !

With all due respect, I want nothing of Bolles at guard. Bolles' best asset is his athleticism. IMHO, Bolles would be even worse at guard.

The Broncos should strongly consider drafting Jonah Williams in the first round, especially if the Broncos can trade down and still select him. He can play anywhere along the offensive line, including center, where his intelligence and superb technique would be a major asset. He also would be a good hedge at left tackle in case Bolles regresses and/or continues to be penalty prone. Playing Williams at center would allow Connor McGovern to play his more natural position of right guard. Charlie Campbell wrote, "it would not surprise me if center is [Williams'] best position for the pros, as his intelligence will be a great asset in the middle of the line."

Williams is kind of like an offensive lineman version of Peyton Manning. Mike Munchak could mold Williams into a very good player.

Quote Originally Posted by RSH View Post
    With all due respect, I want nothing of Bolles at guard. Bolles' best asset is his athleticism. IMHO, Bolles would be even worse at guard.

The Broncos should strongly consider drafting Jonah Williams in the first round, especially if the Broncos can trade down and still select him. He can play anywhere along the offensive line, including center, where his intelligence and superb technique would be a major asset. He also would be a good hedge at left tackle in case Bolles regresses and/or continues to be penalty prone. Playing Williams at center would allow Connor McGovern to play his more natural position of right guard. Charlie Campbell wrote, "it would not surprise me if center is [Williams'] best position for the pros, as his intelligence will be a great asset in the middle of the line."

Williams is kind of like an offensive lineman version of Peyton Manning. Mike Munchak could mold Williams into a very good player.
    I agree, I never said I wanted Bolles at guard. I would be pumped to get Williams in the draft. There are a few linemen that would be great picks with a trade down.

I believe at least one draft pick will be used on an interior lineman. I didn't think Elijah Wilkinson played that poorly, but I don't know if he's a starter. We currently don't have a swing tackle either.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!